- Volume 11 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The effect of Allium sativum L. extract on hepatic function in rats with CCl4-induced (hepatic) injury
마늘 열수추출물의 CCl4 유발된 간 손상 랫드에서 기능학적 변화에 관한 연구
- Lee, Tae-Jong (Department of Pathology, Daegu Fatima Hospital) ;
- Min, Kyung-Jin (Department of Public Health, Keimyung University)
- Received : 2010.03.15
- Accepted : 2010.05.13
- Published : 2010.05.31
To examine the effect of overdosed functional food in liver-injured patients, we tried to investigate the dose effect of Allium sativum L. (also called garlic) extract on rats with CCl4-induced liver damage, by comparatively examinating the hepatic function of each group. 42 male Sprague-Dawley rats were selected and divided equally (n=7) into normal, control, positive control, and three experimental subgroups (E1, E2 and E3), respectively. For each kg of body weight, hepatic injury was induced by intraperitoneal administration of
- AL-Bekairi AM, Shah AH, Qureshi S. "Effect of Allium sativum on epididymal spermatozoa, estradiol-treated mice and general toxicity." J Ethnopharmacol, Vol 29, pp.117-125, 1990.
- Sheela CG, Augusti KT. "Antidiabetic effects of S-allylcysteine sulphoxide isolated from garlic Allium sativum Linn." J Experimental, Vol 30, pp.523-526, 1992.
- Sheo HJ. "Toxic effects of the megadose garlic juice in the rats." J Food Science, Vol 29, pp.485-492, 2000.
- Ahmed RS, Sharma SB. "Biochemical studies on combined effects of garlic (Allium sativum Linn) and ginger (Zingiber officinale Rosc) in albino rats." Indi J Exp Biolo, Vol 35, pp.841-843, 2007.
- Lee SY. "Comparative study of the allicin and arsenite on albino rats with special regard to the effects on body weight, hemoglobin and hepatic histology." J Medic, Vol 10, pp.99-103, 1967. https://doi.org/10.1021/jm00313a023
- Jain RC. "Onion and garlic in experimental Atherosclerosis." Lancet, Vol 31, pp.256-257, 1995.
- Gedik N, Kabasakal L, Sehirli O, Ercan F, Sirvanci S, Keyer-Uysal M, Sener G. "Long-term administration of aqueous garlic extract(AGE) alleviates liver fibrosis and oxidative damage induced by biliary obstruction in rats." Life Scien, Vol 76, pp.2593-2606, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lfs.2004.11.021
- Vimal V, Devaki T. "Hepatoprotective effect of allicin on tissue defensesystem in galactosamine/endotoxin challenged rats." J Ethnopharmacol, Vol 90, pp.151-154, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2003.09.027
- Ilker D, Mustafa K, Bilal A, Aslihan A. "Effects of garlic extract consumption on blood lipid and oxidant/antioxidant parameters in humans with high blood cholesterol." J Nutritional Biochem, Vol 15, pp.373-377, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnutbio.2004.01.005
- Reddy BM, Venkatesh SGD, Reddy M, Ramesh AVA, Appa Rao. "Antihyperglycemic activity of Caralluma attenuata." J Fitotera, Vol 74, pp.247-279, 2009.
- Hu JJ, Lim M, Wang EJ, Yang CS. "Protective effects of diallyl sulfide on acetaminophen-induced toxicities."Chemical Toxico, Vol 34, pp.963-969, 2006.
- Vimal V, Devaki T. "Hepatoprotective effect of allicin on tissue defensesystem in galactosamine/endotoxin challenged rats." J Ethnopharmacolo, Vol 90, pp.151-154, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2003.09.027
- Louria DB, Bogden JD. "The dangers from limited exposure to carbon tetrachloride." Critical Reviews of Toxicol, Vol 7, pp.177-188, 2006.
- Salmi HA, Sarna S. "Effect of silymarin on chemical, functional, and morphological alterations of the liver." J Gastroenterol, Vol 17, pp.517-521, 2006.
- Ferenci P, Dragosics B, Dittrich H, Benda H, Lochs L, Base S, Scheider W. "Randomized controlled trial of silymarin treatment in patients whit cirrhosis of the liver." J Patholo, Vol 9, pp.105-113, 2005.
- McGrowan M, Artiss DR. "A peroxidase-coupled method for the colorimetric determination of serum triglycerides." Clin. Chem, Vol 29,pp 538-542, 1983.
- Effects of Cultured Acer tegmentosum Cell Extract Against Hepatic Injury Induced by D-galactosamine In SD-Rats vol.28, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2015.28.5.551