- Volume 11 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Local brands development and brand consulting framework for SMEs: Governmental supporting programs
중소기업의 현지브랜드 개발과 브랜드 컨설팅 프레임워크: 정부지원프로그램을 중심으로
- Kim, Gwi-Gon (Division of Business Administration, Seojeong College University)
- 김귀곤 (서정대학 경영정보과)
- Received : 2010.01.18
- Accepted : 2010.05.13
- Published : 2010.05.31
The brand consulting for paving the way for overseas-based companies to develop local brands includes many processes such as the analysis of local markets and consumers, the analysis of in-and-out circumstances including the diagnosis of corporate competence and resource, the establishment of brand strategies, the development of brand concepts, and the development of design, which should be performed before the eventual launch of overseas markets. So, the success of overseas-based brand consulting just depends on coworking(i.e., consortium) by brand experts from international marketing, design to local-overseas brand rights which have been barely touched upon by the brand experts. This study aims to present brand consulting framework and to support the development of local-fit brands when the small and medium industries, esteemed relatively less compatible than conglomerates, expand their business in the non-English-speaking countries. This study also includes the results of a demand inquiry on the local fit brand targeted for SMEs. As a brand consulting framework which has been performed at work sites through the accumulated many year's trial and error, it could be a significantly meaningful guidance for the brand experts who perform local-fit brands consulting and the SMEs who look for overseas-based brand consulting.
- Lowrey, Tina M., L. J. Shrum and Tony M. Dubitsky, "The relation between brand name linguistic characteristics and brand name memory", Journal of Advertising, 32(3), pp.7-17. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1080/00913367.2003.10639137
- Onkvisit, Sak and John J. Shaw, "Standardized international advertising: A Review and critical evaluation of the theoretical an empirical evidence", Columbia Journal of World Business, Fall, pp.43-53. 1987.
- Zhang, Shi and Bernd H. Schimitt, "Creating local brands in multilingual international markets", Journal of Marketing Research, 38(3), pp.313-325. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkr.38.3.313.18869
- 김귀곤, 김종호, 김소현, "중국 브랜드 네이밍 전략의 영향요인과 성과에 관한 연구", 마케팅관리연구, 14(1), pp.1-23. 2009.
- 김주헌, "국제마케팅", 2판, 문영사. 2004.
- 안광호, 한상만, 전성률, "전략적 브랜드관리: 이론과응용", 3판, 학현사. 2009.
- 한국무역협회, "한국 상표의 국제화 성공전략(진흥 93-1)". 1993.
- 한국무역협회, "우리수출기업의 제품개발전략". 2002.
- 한국무역협회, "2003년도 수출산업실태조사". 2004.
- 한국무역협회, "2006년도 수출산업실태조사". 2007.
- 한국생산성본부 브랜드경영센터, "국내 수출기업 고유브랜드 수출실태 조사", 산업자원부. 2003.
- 한국외대 글로벌브랜드센터, "생활소비재 글로벌마케팅 지원 사업: 현지화 전략을 통한 해외 브랜드 진출 방안", 산업자원부. 2004, 2005.
- Aaker, David A., "Managing Brand Equity", New York: The Free Press. 1991.
- Aaker, David A., "Building Strong Brands", New York: The Free Press. 1996.
- Aaker, David and Erich Joachimsthaler, "The Lure of global Branding", Harvard Business Review, 77, pp.137-144. 1999.
- Alashban, Aref A., Linda A. Hayes, George M. Zinkhan and Anne L. Balazs, "International brand name standardization /adaptation: Antecedents and consequences", Journal of International Marketing, 10(3), pp.22-48. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1509/jimk.10.3.22.19544
- De Mooij, Marieke, "Global Marketing and Advertising: Understanding Cultural Paradoxes", 3rd edition, SAGE Publications, 2009.
- Kapferer, Jean-Noel "Strategic Brand Management", New York: The Free Press, 1992.
- Levitt, Theodore, "The globalization of markets", Harvard Business Review, 61, pp.39-49. 1983.
- Leclerc, France, Bernd H. Schmitt and Laurette Dube, "Foreign branding and its effects on product perceptions and attitudes", Journal of Marketing Research, pp.263-270. 1994.