- Volume 11 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Study on the Relation Constant between OCR and Normalized Net Cone Tip Resistance
정규화 콘팁저항치와 OCR의 관계상수에 관한 연구
- Kim, Dae-Kyu (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Sangmyung University)
- 김대규 (상명대학교 건설시스템공학과)
- Received : 2010.03.09
- Accepted : 2010.05.13
- Published : 2010.05.31
The relation constant method between OCR and normalized net cone tip resistance has been widely used to estimate OCR value in practice. In this study, the method was analyzed for the soft soils in the Bukmyun area in Changwon city and the northwestern area in Incheon city. The relation constant value was estimated in the range of 0.28~0.33 for the Bukmyun area in Changwon city and 0.49~0.6 for the northwestern area in Incheon city. The value was max. 90% larger than it from the foreign previous studies. This is not the conservative result so the previous methods should be used with great caution of determining the constant value.
- B. S. Chen, P. W. Mayne, Profiling the Overconsolidtion Ratio of Clay by Piezocone Tests, Report GIT-CEEGEO-94-1, Georgia Tech Research Corporation and Georgia Institute of Technology, School of Civil and Environmental Eng., Atranta, GA, 1994.
- J. I. Powell, R. T. Quarterman, T. Lunne, "Interpretation and Use of the Piezocone Test in UK Clays", Proc. of the ICE Geotechnology Conf. on Penetration Testing in UK, pp. 151-156, 1988.
- F. H. Kulhawy, P. W. Mayne, Manual on Estimating Soil Properties for Foundation Design, Report EL-6800, Electiric Power Research Institute, Palo Alto, 306p.
- D. Kim, "Evaluation of OCR Prediction Methods utilizing PCPT data," J. of Industry-Academy, in press, 2010.
- A. Andressen, T. Berre, A. Kleven, T. Lunne, "Procedures Used to Obtain Soil Parameters for Foundation Engineering in the North Sea", Marine Geotechnology, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 201-66, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1080/10641197909379804
- D. Kim, "Interpretation of Empirical Cone Factors for Determining Undrained Strength," J. of Industry-Academy, Vol. 10, No. 11, pp.3296-3302, 2009.
- T. Lunne, P. K. Robertson, J. J. M. Powell, Cone Penetration Testing, Blackie Academic and Professional, 1997.
- M. Y. Abu-Farsakh, "Possible Evaluation of Overconsolidatio Ratio of Clayey Soils from Piezocone Penetration Tests", GSP 162 Problematic Soils and Rocks and In Situ Chracterization, ASCE, 2007.