- Volume 11 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Investigation of the Vortex Shedding with the Shear Building
전단건물을 이용한 와류발산현상 파악
- Lee, Sang-Ho (Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Dankook University)
- 이상호 (단국대학교 토목환경공학과)
- Received : 2010.04.05
- Accepted : 2010.05.13
- Published : 2010.05.31
To study the vortex induced vibrations the wind tunnel and the two story shear building were designed and built. The wind tunnel was designed to generate the wind speed up to 24 m/s, and the building was designed to have the two lowest natural frequencies within the range of the vortex frequencies generated by the wind tunnel. The resonance behaviors by the locking-on phenomena were observed during the wind tunnel tests of the shear building with the cylinder attached. From the locking-on phenomena observed it is found that the effects of the amplitudes and the frequencies of the cylinders should be considered on the forces generated by the vortex shedding.
Supported by : 단국대학교
- Barnes, W. Mccormick, Aerodynamics, Aeronautics and Flight Mechanics, pp 162-180, Prentice, 1994.
- Massey, Mechanics of Fluid, pp 286-290, Nostrand, 2006.
- Robert D. Blevins, Flow - induced Vibration, pp. 34-192, Nostrand, 2001.
- K. Yusuf Blillah, " Resonance, Tacoma Narrows bridge failure, and undergraduate physics textbook", Am. J. Phys. 59(2), pp. 118-124, American Association of Physics Teachers, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1119/1.16590