- Volume 11 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Biometric based Convertible Undeniable Multi-Signature Scheme
바이오정보 기반 전환 부인봉쇄 다중서명 기법
- Yun, Sung-Hyun (Div. of Information & Communication Engineering, Baekseok University)
- 윤성현 (백석대학교 정보통신학부)
- Received : 2010.04.23
- Accepted : 2010.05.13
- Published : 2010.05.31
It is easy to reproduce and manipulate the digital contents. It's difficult to distinguish the original contents with a pirate one. A digital signature scheme is used to protect the contents author's ownership and to provide secure contents distribution. Generally, the digital contents is completed with many authors' help. It's necessary to apply a cryptographic method for protecting co-authors' rights and interests. In this paper, the biometric based convertible undeniable multi-signature scheme is proposed. In the proposed scheme, keys are generated by using a signer's biometric data. Consigning the private key to another signer is infeasible. Signers must participate in signature generation and verification stages. Our scheme also provides signature conversion protocol in which the undeniable signature is converted to the ordinary one. For applications, we show how the proposed scheme is used to protect co-authors' rights and to distribute the contents securely.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Andre Adelsbach, Birgit Pfitzmann, Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi, "Proving Ownership of Digital Content," 3rd International Information Hiding Workshop (IHW '99), LNCS 1768, Springer-Verlag, 117-133, 1999.
- Andre Adelsbach, Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi, "Zero-Knowledge Watermark Detection and Proof of Ownership," 4th International Information Hiding Workshop (IHW '01), LNCS 2137, Springer-Verlag, 273-288, 2001.
- ITU-T X.1088, A Framework for biometric digital key generation, 2008.
- P. Janbandhu and M. Siyal, "Novel biometric digital signatures for Internet-based applications," Information Management & Computer Security, Vol. 9, No. 5, 2001, pp, 205-212. https://doi.org/10.1108/09685220110408022
- R. Nagpal and S. Nagpal, "Biometric based Digital Signature Schemes," Internet Draft, http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-nagpal-biometric-digital-signature-00.txt, May 2002.
- A. Juels and M. Sudan. A Fuzzy Vault Scheme. International Symposium on Information Theory, 2002.
- R.L.Rivest, A.Shamir, L.Adleman, "A method for obtaining digital signatures and public-key cryptosystems," Communications of the ACM, ACM, Vol. 21, No. 2, 1978.
- FIPS PUB 186-3, Digital Signature Standard(DSS), NIST, 2009.
- T.Elgamal, "A Public Key Cryptosystem and a Signature Scheme Based on Discrete Logarithms," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. IT-31, No. 4, pp.469-472, 1985.
- L. Harn, "Group-Oriented (t, n) threshold digital signature scheme and digital multisignature," IEE Proc-Comput. Digit. Tech., vol. 141, No. 5, Sep. 1994, pp. 307-313. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-cdt:19941293
- D.Chaum, "Undeniable Signatures," Advances in Cryptology, Proceedings of CRYPTO'89, Springer-Verlag, pp.212-216, 1990.