- Volume 11 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
An Energy Efficient Clustering based on Genetic Algorithm in Wireless Sensor Networks
무선 센서 네트워크에서 유전 알고리즘 기반의 에너지 효율적인 클러스터링
- Kim, Jin-Su (Division of Port & Logistics, TongMyong University)
- 김진수 (동명대학교 항만물류학부)
- Received : 2010.04.03
- Accepted : 2010.05.13
- Published : 2010.05.31
In this paper, I propose an Energy efficient Clustering based on Genetic Algorithm(ECGA) which reduces energy consumption by distributing energy overload to cluster group head and cluster head in order to lengthen the lifetime of sensor network. ECGA algorithm calculates the values like estimated energy cost summary, average and standard deviation of residual quantity of sensor node and applies them to fitness function. By using the fitness function, we can obtain the optimum condition of cluster group and cluster. I demonstrated that ECGA algorithm reduces the energy consumption and lengthens the lifetime of network compared with the previous clustering method by stimulation.
- I. F. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankkarasubraminiam, and E. Cayirci, "Wireless Sensor Networks: A Survey," Computer Networks, vol.38, pp.393-422, March 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1389-1286(01)00302-4
- W. Ye, J. Heidemann, and D. Estrin, "An Energy Efficient MAC Protocol for Wireless Microsensor Networks," IEEE Infocomm, pp.1567-1576, June 2002.
- A. Cerpa and D. Estrin, "ASCENT: Adaptive Self-Configuring Sensor Networks Topologies," in Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, New York, NY, June 2002.
- V. Mhatre and C. Rosenberg, "Design Guidelines for Wireless Sensor Networks: Communication, Clustering and Aggregation", Ad hoc Network Journal, Elesevier Science, vol. 2, pp.45-63, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1570-8705(03)00047-7
- W. B. Heinzelman, "Application-Specific Protocol Architectures for Wireless Networks," Ph. D. dissertation, Mass. Inst. Tech., Cambridge, 2000.
- Wendi B. Heinzelman et al., "Energy-Efficient Communication Protocol for Wireless Microsensor Networks," In Proceedings of the Hawaii International Conference on System Science, Maui, Hawaii, 2000.
- D. E. Goldberg, Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning, Addison-Wesley Publishing Co. Inc., N.Y., 1989.
- Ossama Younis, Sonia Fahmy, "Distributed Clustering in Ad-hoc Sensor Networks: A Hybrid, Energy-Efficient Approach," in Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, 2004.
- J. H. Holland, Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems, The University of Michigan Press, Michigan, 1975.