- Volume 11 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on SR Packet MAC Protocol for Energy Saving in Wireless Sensor Network
무선 센서 네트워크에서의 에너지 절감을 위한 SR패킷 MAC 프로토콜에 관한 연구
- Park, Jae-Sung (Kwangwoon University Graduate School of Information & Communication) ;
- Lee, Jong-Yong (Kwangwoon University General Education) ;
- Lee, Sang-Hun (Kwangwoon University General Education)
- Received : 2010.03.17
- Accepted : 2010.05.13
- Published : 2010.05.31
The communication in wireless sensor network is divided into several layers, because of each of them do their role, the wireless communication is possible, the MAC (Medium Access Control) layer of the one of sensor network communications layer is used to the data errors, control flow, and manage resources. Using MAC Protocol, it ensures the communication between sensor node. In this paper, highlighted the energy efficiency of the S-MAC, T-MAC protocol it emphasized the efficiency of energy by lessening the woken time of all nods effectively, transmitting and receiving the control packet on only necessary nods through use of a method that RTS packet is added to SYNC packet and making other nods sleep. On sending SYNC+RTS packet and receiving the packet, nod noticed that it wasn't necessary to be awaked on this period, would be in Sleep mode, demonstrated mathematically that energy is more effective than existing protocol, and simulated with MATLAB.
Supported by : 광운대학교
- 이상훈, 이종용, 박재성, 김진수, "무선 센서 네트워크에서의 MAC 프로토콜 비교 분석" 한국산학기술학회, 2009 춘계 학술발표논문집, pp.195-200, 2009.
- 홍진근, "센서네트워크에서 S-MAC 공격에 따른 전력 효율성 분석" 한국산학기술학회, 한국산학기술학회논문지, v.10, no.2, pp. 345-350, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2009.10.2.345
- I. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam and E. Cayirci, "A survey on sensor networks", IEEE Communications Magazine, vol.40, no.8, pp.102-114, 2002 https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2002.1024422
- Ilker Demirkol, Cem Ersoy, Fatih Alagoz. "MAC Protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks: A Survey." Communications Magazine, vol.44, no.3, pp.115-121, 2006
- Wei Ye, John Heidimann, Deboriah Estrin. "Medium access control with coordinated adaptive sleeping for wireless sensor networks." Transaction on Networking, vol.12, no.3, pp.1-14, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNET.2004.824278
- Tijs van Dam, Koen Langendoen. "An Adaptive Energy-Efficient MAC Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks." Proceedings of SenSys '03, ACM, Los Angeles, USA, pp.164-174. November 2003.
- LAN MAN Standards Commitee of the IEEE computer Society, IEEE Std 802.11-1999, wireless LAN MAC(Medium Access Control) and PHY(Physical layer) specification, IEEE 1999.
- Chunlong Guo, Lizhi Charlie Zhong, Jan. M. Rabaey, "Low-Power Distributed MAC for Ad Hoc Sensor Radio Networks.", Proc. Internet Performance Symp. (Globecorn '01) pp.2944-2948, 2001.
- Guangyu Pei, Charles Chin, "Low Power TDMA inLarge Wireless Sensor Networks", Military Communications Conference, 2001.Communications for Network-Centric Operations: Creating the Information Force. IEEE, vol.1, pp.28-31, 2001.
- 조도현, 이철, 최진택, 김진수, 이상훈, 이종용, "USN에서 클러스터헤드 선출의 강건한 효율성 연구" 대한 전자공학회, 전자공학회논문지, pp.11-17, 2009.