- Volume 11 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Performance Analysis in Wireless Home Network using Bluetooth with SAW-ARQ
SAW-ARQ를 활용하여 블루투스 하에서의 무선 홈 네트워크의 성능 분석
- Hong, Sung-Hwa (Department of Software Engineering, Dongyang Mirae University) ;
- Kang, Bong-Jik (Department of Software Engineering, Dongyang Mirae University)
- Received : 2009.11.10
- Accepted : 2010.05.13
- Published : 2010.05.31
In this paper, we proposed the method called "DoublePico"(Double Piconet) forovercoming low data transmission rate in a scatternet. This needs a new Ad-hoc network topology to transmit with high rate. Every node performs the function of the relay station. DoublePico has two bluetooth devices that should form two different poconets; every node can make a link between two different piconets. Two different piconets are linked in one node by the link with two bluetooth divices thereby forming the Ad-Hoc network. In this paper, we shows the method of DoublePico which supports about 457kbps of the maximum data transmission rate. This method supports a higher data transmission rate than the traditional bluetooth's Ad-Hoc topology by using analysis and comparison of existing algorithm of bluetooth specification and simulation results. Specifically, this paper focuses on the impact of intererence on the PER (Packet Error Rate), throughput performance, and the throughput improvement with SAW(Stop and Wait)-ARQ scheme in DoublePico.
- X. Li and I. Stojmenovic. Partial Delaunay triangulation and degree-limited localized Bluetooth scatternet formation. In Proceedings of AD-HOC NetwOrks and Wireless (ADHOCNOW), Fields Institute, Toronto, Canada, Sep. 2002.
- C. Petrioli, S. Basagni, and I. Chlamtac. Configuring BlueStars: Multihop scatternet formation for Bluetooth networks. IEEE Transactions on Computers, special issue on Wireless Internet (Y.-B. Lin and Y.C. Tseng, eds.), 2002. in press.
- Chong Hooi Chia, M. Slim Beg, "Realizing MPEG-4 Video Transmission over Wireless Bluetooth Link via HCI", Proc. IEEE Transaction on Consumer Electronics, Vol.49, pp.1028-1034, Nov. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2003.1261191
- The Website of MPEG4 Open Project Group, http://www.mpeg4ip.net
- Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, International Business Machines Corporation, Intel Corporation, Nokia Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, "Specification of the Bluetooth system, Specification Volume 2, Core", Version 1.1b, February 2001.
- Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, International Business Machines Corporation, Intel Corporation, Nokia Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, "Specification of the Bluetooth system, Specification Volume 2, Profiles", Version 1.1b, February 2001.
- The Official Bluetooth Website, http://www.bluetooth.com
- Manthos Kazantzidis, "End-to-end Adaptive Multimedia over Bluetooth Scatternets", Proc. European Wireless 2002.
- J.Y.Khan and J.Wall, "Bluetooth-Based Wireless Personal Area Network for Multimedia Communication", Proc. IEEE Computer Society 2002.
- Specification of the Bluetooth System, Core, Version 1.0B, December 1999.