- Volume 11 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Operation characteristics of IGZO thin-film transistors
IGZO 박막트랜지스터의 동작특성
- Lee, Ho-Nyeon (Department of Electronics and Information Engineering, Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Kim, Hyung-Jung (Department of Electronics and Information Engineering, Soonchunhyang University)
- Received : 2010.01.29
- Accepted : 2010.05.13
- Published : 2010.05.31
According to the increase of the channel length with fixed width/length, characteristic curves of drain current as a function of gate bias voltage of indium gallium zinc oxide (IGZO) thin-film transistors moved to a positive direction of gate voltage, and field-effect mobility decreased. In case of fixed length and width of channel, field-effect mobility was lower and subthreshold slope was larger when drain bias voltage was higher. Due to large work function of IGZO, band bending at the junction region between IGZO channel and source/drain electrodes was expected to be in opposite direction to that between silicon and metal electrodes; this could explain the above results.
Supported by : 한국과학재단
- H. Hosono, "Ionic amorphous oxide semiconductors: Material design, carrier transport, and device application", J. Non-Cryst. Solids, vol. 352, pp. 851-858, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnoncrysol.2006.01.073
- H. Lee, J. Kyung, M. Sung, D. Kim, S. Kang, S. Kim, C. Kim, H. Kim and S. Kim, "Oxide TFT with multilayer gate insulator for backplane of AMOLED device", J. Soc. Inf. Display, vol. 16, pp. 265-272, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1889/1.2841860
- T. Fung, C. Chuang, K. Nomura, H. Shieh, H. Hosono and J. Kanicki, "Photofield-effect in amorphous In-Ga-Zn-O (a-IGZO) thin-film transistors", J. Inf. Display, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 21-29, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1080/15980316.2008.9652066
- T. Riedl, P. Gorrn and W. Kowalsky, "Transparent electronics for see-through AMOLED displays", J. Display Tech., vol. 5, pp. 501-508, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/JDT.2009.2023093
- P. Gorrn, F. Ghaffari, T. Riedl and W. Kowalskya, "Zinc tin oxide based driver for highly transparent active matrix OLED displays", Solid-State Electronics, vol. 53, pp. 329-331 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sse.2009.01.006
- H. D. Kim, J. K. Jeong, Y. G. Mo and H. K. Chung, "Oxide TFT as an Emerging Technology for Next Generation Display", Proc. Int. Meeting on Information Display, pp. 119-122, 2008.
- J. H. Lee, D. H. Kim, D. J. Yang, S. Y. Hong, K. S. Yoon, P. S. Hong, C. O. Jeong, H. S. Park, S. Y. Kim, S. K. Lim, S. S. Kim, K. S. Son, T. S Kim, J. Y Kwon and S. Y. Lee, "World's Largest (15-inch) XGA AMLCD Panel Using IGZO Oxide TFT", Soc. Information Display 2008 Int. Symp. Digest of Tech. Papers, pp. 625-628, 2008.
- J. Lee, S. Kim, H. Park, S. Park, D. Kang, M. Han, W. Lee, K. Yoon and Y. Lee, "Threshold voltage shift of amorphous oxide TFT with various channel length", Proc. 16th Int. Display Workshops, pp. 1677-1680, 2009.
- K. Nomura, H. Ohta, A. Takagi, T. Kamiya, M. Hirano and H. Hosono, "Room-temperature fabrication of transparent flexible thin-film transistors using amorphous oxide semiconductors", Nature, vol. 432, pp. 488-492, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1038/nature03090