- Volume 11 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Effective Optical Pulse Stream Generation using Loop Scheme
루프구조를 이용한 효율적인 광펄스 스트림 발생에 관한 분석
- Park, Hyoung-Keun (Deptment of Electronic Engineering, Namseoul University)
- 박형근 (남서울대학교 전자공학과)
- Received : 2010.03.22
- Accepted : 2010.05.13
- Published : 2010.05.31
In this paper, we made an analysis of the effective optical pulse stream generation. This is different from conventional approaches, which use fiber or waveguide delay line circuits. The optical pulse multiplication phenomenon occurs when the optical pulse's spectral width is greater than the transfer bandwidth of the coupler used. Therefore, the effective optical pulse stream generation can be controlled by using fiber couplers with different equivalent transfer bandwidths. The pulse separation spacing is controlled by number of cascaded coupler in optical loop mirror coupler scheme.
Supported by : 남서울대학교
- E. A.Kuzin, B. I. Escamilla, P. R. Laguna, J. S. Momdragon, "Nonliear Optical loop mirror with low birefringence twisted fiber in the loop", Optics Comm., 1998.
- D. B. Mortimore, "Fiber loop reflectors," J. Lightwave Technology., Vol.6, No.7, pp.1217-1224, July 1998.
- Cerecedo-Nunez HH. Trevino-Palacios CG. Kuzin EA.,"Coupling coefficient evaluation of a fiber directional coupler using an all-fiber Sagnac interferometer", Optical Engineering, SPIE(US), Vol. 41 No. 3, 2002. 3.
- Senthilkumaran P, Thursby G, Culshaw B, "Fiber-optic tunable loop mirror using Berry's geometric phase", Optics Letters, Optical Society of America(US) , Vol. 25 No. 8, 2000. 4.
- 김창민외, "광통신 시스템 및 네트워크", 범한서적, 2006.
- G. Keiser. "Optical Fiber Communications", McGraw-Hill, 3nd ed. 2000.
- 박영일외, "2.5Gbps, 8채널 광다중화 신호의123㎞ 전송현장실험" Photonics conference '96, pp.183-184, 1996.
- Clifford R. Pollock. " Fundamentals of Optoelectronics", Irwin, 1995. 853-858, July 1991.