- Volume 11 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Implementation of Falls Detection System Using 3-axial Accelerometer Sensor
3축 가속도 센서를 이용한 낙상 검출 시스템 구현
- Jeon, Ah-Young (Department of Interdisciplinary program in Biomedical engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Yoo, Ju-Yeon (Department of Interdisciplinary program in Biomedical engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Park, Geun-Chul (Department of Interdisciplinary program in Biomedical engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Jeon, Gye-Rok (Department of Biomedical engineering, School of Medicine, Pusan National University)
- 전아영 (부산대학교 대학원 의공학협동과정) ;
- 유주연 (부산대학교 대학원 의공학협동과정) ;
- 박근철 (부산대학교 대학원 의공학협동과정) ;
- 전계록 (부산대학교 의학전문대학원 의공학교실)
- Received : 2010.04.01
- Accepted : 2010.05.13
- Published : 2010.05.31
In this study, the falls detection and direction classification system was implemented using 3-axial acceleration signal. The acceleration signals were acquired from the 3-axial accelerometer(MMA7260Q, Freescale, USA), and then transmitted to the computer through USB interface. The implemented system can detect falls using the newly proposed algorithm, and also classify the direction of falls using fuzzy classifier. The 6 subjects was selected for experiment and the accelerometer was attached on each subject's chest. Each subject walked in normal pace for 5 seconds, and then the fall down according to the four direction(front_fall, back_fall, left_fall and right_fall) during at least 2 second. The falls was easily detect using the newly proposed algorithm in this study. The acquired signals were analyzed after 1 second from generating falls. The fuzzy classifier was used to classify the direction of falls. The mean value of the falls detection rate was 94.79%. The classifier rate according to falls direction were 95.83% in case of front falls, 100% incase of back falls, 87.5% in case of left falls, and 95.83% in case of right falls.
- T. Ryan Burchfield and S. Venkatesan, "Accelerometer -based human abnormal movement detection in wireless sensor networks", International conference in mobile systems, Applications and services, pp. 67-69, 2005.
- Dean M. Karantonis, Michael R. Narayanan, M. Mathie, Nigel H. Lovell and G. Celler, "Implementation of a real-time human movement classifier using a traixial accellerometer for ambulatory monitoring", IEEE transaction on information technology in biomedicine, Vol. 10, No. 1, 2006.
- Bijan Najafi, Kamiar Aminian, Anisiara Paraschiv -Ionescu, Francois Loew, Chrisophe J. Dula and Philippe Robert, "Ambulatory system for human motion analysis using a kinematic sensor: monitoring of daily physical activity in the elderly", IEEE transactions on biomedical engineering, Vol 50, No. 6, pp. 711-723, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TBME.2003.812189
- M. J. Mathie, A. C. F. Coster, N. H. Lovell and B. G. Celler, "A pilot study of long term monitoring of human movement in the home using accelerometry", J. Telemed. Telecare, Vol. 10, pp. 144-151, 2004 https://doi.org/10.1258/135763304323070788
- K. Kiani, C. J. Snijders and E. S. Gelsema, "Computerized analysis of daily lifemotor activity for ambulatory monitoring", Tech. Health Care, Vol. 5, pp. 307-318, 1997.
- B. G. Steele, L. Holt, Belza, S. M. Ferris, S. Lakshminaryan and D. M. Buchner, "Quantitating physical activity in COPD using a triaxial accelerometer", Chest, Vol. 117, pp. 1359-1367, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.117.5.1359
- K. V. Laerhoven and O. Cakmakci, "What shall we teach our pants?", The 4th international Symposium on wearable computers (ISWC2000), pp. 77-83, 2000.
- J. L. Schulman and J. M. Reisman, "An objective measure of hyperacitivity", American J. Met. Defic., Vol. 64, pp. 455-456, 1959.
- S. H. Lee, T. Ye and K. J. Lee, "A Design of algorithm for analysis active using 3-axis accelerometer", KIEE, Vol. 53, No. 5, 2004.
- M. J. Marthie, N. H. Novell, A. C. F. Coster and B. G. Celler, "Determining activity using triaxial accelerometer", 2nd joint EMBS-BMES, 2002.
- M. J. Marthie, A. C. F. Coster, B. G. Celler and N. H. Lovell, "Classification of basic daily movements using a triaxial accellerometer", Med. Bio. Eng. Comput., Vol. 42, pp. 670-687, 2004.
- 3축 가속도 센서 데이터의 처리와 응용, 한국 콘텐츠 학회 2005 추계 종합학술 대회 논문집, 제 3권, 제 2호, 2005.
- C. V. Bouten, K. R. Westerterp, B. Verduin and J. D. Janssen, "Assessment of energy expenditure for physical activity using a triaxial accelerometer", Med. Sci. Sports and Exercise, Vol. 26, pp. 1516-1523, 1994.
- Bijan Najafi, Kamiar Aminian, Anosoara Parachiv-Ionescu, Francois Loew, Christophe J. Bula and Philippe Robert, "Ambulatory system for human motion analysis using a kinematic sensor: monitoring of daily physical activity in the elderly", IEEE transaction on biomedical engineering, Vol. 50, No. 6, pp. 711-722, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TBME.2003.812189
- 손상감시 사업 보고서 결과, 2006.
- Determination of Fall Direction Before Impact Using Support Vector Machine vol.24, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5369/JSST.2015.24.1.47