- Volume 50 Issue 4
Efficacy of antibacteriocidal yeast that producing bacteriocin OR-7 in pig
박테리오신 OR-7을 생산하는 항균 효모의 양돈에서의 사양시험 효과
- Cho, Dong-In (Department of Biological Engineering, Konkuk University) ;
- Kang, Sang-Mo (Department of Biological Engineering, Konkuk University) ;
- Lee, Jae-Hwa (Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Silla University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Hyeon (Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Silla University) ;
- Jang, Min-Kyung (Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Silla University) ;
- Kim, Ki-seuk (Department of Veterinary Public Health, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kyungpook National University)
- 조동인 (건국대학교 생물공학과) ;
- 강상모 (건국대학교 생물공학과) ;
- 이재화 (신라대학교 생명공학과) ;
- 이상현 (신라대학교 생명공학과) ;
- 장민경 (신라대학교 생명공학과) ;
- 김기석 (경북대학교 수의학과)
- Accepted : 2010.09.18
- Published : 2010.12.30
This study was conducted to investigate the effects of feeding probiotics (gene modified yeast) on the growth performances in pigs. In pigs, this study investigated the effects of dietary probiotics which contained antibacterial probiotics (OR-7, bacteriocin, gene modified yeast) on growth performances and feed efficiency in pig farm. A total of 150 pigs were studied. The treatments are probiotics yeast (PY) 0.3% (basal diet + 0.3% plasmid modified probiotics), PY 0.5% (basal diet + 0.5% plasmid modified probiotics), yeast (Y) 0.3% (basal diet + 0.3% probiotics), Y 0.5% (basal diet + 0.5% probiotics) and control (basal diet). Weight gain, feed intake and feed efficiency were periodically recorded for 90 days. The treatment group trended higher weight gain, feed intake and feed efficiency than control. And, the PY group trended higher weight gain, feed intake and feed efficiency than Y group.
- 고태구, 김진동, 배수한, 한영근, 한인규. 항생제 무첨가 이유자돈 사료 개발에 관한 연구. 한국축산과학회지 2000, 42, 37-44.
- 김상호, 박수영, 유동조, 나재천, 최철한, 박용윤, 이상진, 류경선. 육계 생산성 및 맹장내 미생물에 대한 유산균의 첨가 효과. 한국가금학회지 2000, 27, 37-41.
- 양승주, 현재석, 양창범, 고석민, 최홍훈. 육성비육돈에 대한 사료첨가제 첨가 급여시험: 생균제의 첨가가 육성 비육돈의 성장과 육질에 미치는 영향. 한국축산과학회지 1998, 40, 21-30.
- 양영기, 조정일, 강희경, 문명님, 이용보. 2007 양돈사료 첨가용 복합미생물 개발. 한국유기농업학회지 2007, 15, 93-108.
- 이옥희, 장민경, 이동근, 이재화, 하종명, 하배진, 안익용, 조동인, 이상현. 박테리오신 OR-7을 생산하는 항균 효모의 제작. Korean J Microbiol Biotechnol 2008, 36, 101-105.
- 이종언, 김승일, 고문석, 고서봉, 김규일. 생균제 또는 항생제를 함유한 사료의 급여가 이유자돈의 성장, 장무게, 분 또는 장 내용물 중의 요소분해효소 활성에 미치는 영향. 한국축산과학회지 2000, 42, 65-72.
- 황종욱, 김인호, 권오석, 김지훈, 민병준, 이원백. 자돈 및 비육돈에 있어 생균제의 첨가가 생산성 및 분내 가스 발생에 미치는 영향. 한국동물자원과학회지 2002, 44, 305-314.
- Arends LG, Porubcan R, Gulstrom T. Influence of Lactobacillus-acidophilus administered via the drinking-water on broiler performance. Poult Sci 1981, 60, 1617.
- Baba E, Nagaishi S, Fukata T, Arakawa A. The role of intestinal microflora on the prevention of Salmonella colonization in gnotobiotic chickens. Poult Sci 1991, 70, 1902-1907. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0701902
- Braude R. Dried yeast as fodder for livestock. J Inst Brew 1942, 48, 206. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2050-0416.1942.tb06168.x
- Burns JM, Baker DH. Assessment of the quantity of biologically available phosphorus in yeast RNA and single-cell protein. Poult Sci 1976, 55, 2447-2455. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0552447
- Butzler JP. Campylobacter Infection in Man and Animals. pp. 1-246, CRC Press, Boca Raton, 1984.
- Hong JK, Kim IH, Kwon OS, Lee SH, Kim JW. Effects of egg yolk antibodies to replace antibiotic in segregated early-weaned pigs. J Anim Sci Technol 2001, 43, 177-184.
- Jurgens MH, Rikabi RA, Zimmerman DR. The effect of dietary active dry yeast supplement on performance of sows during gestation-lactation and their pigs. J Anim Sci 1997, 75, 593-597. https://doi.org/10.2527/1997.753593x
- Kang HJ, Kim YH, Lee HJ, Kim JS, Kim CS, Kim TG, Kim EH, Park MR, Kim GS. Preventive effect of oriental herbal medicine feed additives on infection of Salmonella enteritidis in broiler chickens: antimicrobial activity and colonization inhibition. Korean J Vet Res 2003, 43, 41-47.
- Kim K, Jang KI, Kim CH, Kim KY. Optimization of culture conditions and encapsulation of Lactobacillus fermentum YL-3 for probiotics. Korean J Food Sci Technol 2002, 34, 255-262.
- Ko YD, Kim JH, Kim CH. Effect of dietary supplementation of probiotics (economix) on milk production and economic characteristics in lactating dairy cattle. J Anim Sci Technol 2001, 43, 369-380.
- Lindan O, Work E. The amino-acid composition of two yeasts used to produce massive dietetic liver necrosis in rats. Biochem J 1951, 48, 337-344. https://doi.org/10.1042/bj0480337
- Mathew AG, Chattin SE, Robbins CM, Golden DA. Effects of a direct-fed yeast culture on enteric microbial populations, fermentation acids, and performance of weanling pigs. J Anim Sci 1998, 76, 2138-2145. https://doi.org/10.2527/1998.7682138x
- Mee BJ. The selective capacity of pig feed additives and growth promotants for coliform resistance. In: Woodbine M (ed.). Antimicrobials and Agriculture. pp. 349-358, Butter Worths, London, 1984.
- Rose AH. Recent research on industrially important atrains of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. In: Skinner FA. Passmore SM, Davenport RR (eds.). Biology and Activiities of Yeasts. pp. 103-121, Academic Press, London, 1980.
- Stern NJ, Svetoch EA, Eruslanov BV, Perelygin VV, Mitsevich EV, Mitsevich IP, Pokhilenko VD, Levchuk VP, Svetoch OE, Seal BS. Isolation of a Lactobacillus salivarius strain and purification of its bacteriocin, which is inhibitory to Campylobacter jejuni in the chicken gastrointestinal system. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2006, 50, 3111-3116. https://doi.org/10.1128/AAC.00259-06
- Underdahl NR, Torres-Medina A, Dosten AR. Effect of Streptococcus faecium C-68 in control of Escherichia coli-induced diarrhea in gnotobiotic pigs. Am J Vet Res 1982, 43, 2227-2232.
- Veum TL, Herkelman KL, Ivers DJ, Shahan LA, Figueroa FA, Bobilya DJ, Ellersieck MR. Effect of yeast culture on performance of weanling pigs. Swine Research Report. No. 115. p. 63, University of Missouri, Columbia, 1988.
- White PL, Baker AR, James WO. Strategies to control Salmonella and Campylobacter in raw poultry products. Rev Sci Tech 1997, 16, 525-541. https://doi.org/10.20506/rst.16.2.1046