- Volume 20 Issue 3
The Effect of Public Report on Antibiotics Prescribing Rate
급성상기도감염 항생제 처방률 공개 효과 분석
- Kim, Su-Kyeong (Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service) ;
- Kim, Hee-Eun (Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service) ;
- Back, Mi-Sook (Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service) ;
- Lee, Suk-Hyang (College of Pharmacy, Ajou University)
- Received : 2010.10.21
- Accepted : 2010.12.02
- Published : 2010.12.31
Controlling inappropriate antibiotics prescribing for acute upper respiratory infections(URI) is a very important for prudent use of antibiotics and resistance control. Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service (HIRA) introduced Prescribing Evaluation Program and publicly reported antibiotics prescribing rate for URI of each health institution. We performed segmented regression analysis of interrupted time series to estimate the effect of public report on antibiotics prescribing rate using national health insurance claims data. The results indicate that just before the public report period, clinics' monthly antibiotics prescribing rate for URI was 66.7%. Right after the public report, the estimated antibiotics prescribing rate dropped abruptly by 12.3%p. There was no significant changes in month-to-month trend in the prescribing rate before and after the intervention.
Supported by : 식품의약품안전청
- Department of Health. UK antimicrobial resistance strategy and action plan 2000.
- Akkerman AE, van der Wouden JC, Kuyvenhoven MM, Dieleman JP, Verheij TJ. Antibiotic prescribing for respiratory tract infections in Dutch primary care in relation to patient age and clinical entities. J Antimicrob Chemother: Dec; 2004; 54(6): 1116-21. https://doi.org/10.1093/jac/dkh480
- Smith GE, Smith S, Heatlie H, Bashford JN, Hawker J, Ashcroft D, Millson D, Verlander NQ, Warren R. What has happened to antimicrobial usage in primary care in the United Kingdom since the SMAC report? - description of trends in antimicrobial usage using the General Practice Research Database. J Public Health (Oxf). 2004; 26(4): 359-64. https://doi.org/10.1093/pubmed/fdh179
- Wutzke S, Artist M, Kohoe L, Fletcher M, Mackson J, Weekes L. Evaluation of a national programme to reduce inapproapriate use of antibiotics for upper respiratory tract infections: effects on consumer awarenes, beliefs, attitudes and behaviour in Australia. Health Promotion International, 2007; 22(1), 53-64. https://doi.org/10.1093/heapro/dal034
- 장선미, 김재용, 배은영, 오영호, 황은희, 진영란, 함시창. 의약분업제도 성과분석 및 개선방안 - 환자 및 의료공급자의 행태변화를 중심으로 -. 한국보건사회연구원, 2002
- Felmingham D, Reinert RR, Hirakata Y, Rodloff A. Increasing prevalence of antimicrobial resistance among isolates of Streptococcus pneumoniae from PROTEKT surveillance study, and comparative in vitro activitiy of the ketolide, telithromycin. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy. 2002; 50, Suppl, SI, 25-37.
- 건강보험심사평가원, 보건복지부. 항생제 처방률 공개('06. 2. 9)이후 항생제 처방률은 12.5%p(의원급) 감소, 보험약제비 55억원 절감 효과 있어. 보도자료. 2006. 8. 31
- 김윤. 의료제공자 질평가 결과의 공개 : 외국의 경험으로부터의 교훈, 한국의료QA학회 '04. 춘계학술대회 발표자료.
- ACP-ASIM, Summary of Guidelines for the Appropriate Use of Antibiotics, APUA Newsletter. 2002; 19(2)
- Buising KL, Thursky KA, Robertson MB, Black JF, Street AC, Richards MJ, Brown GV. Electronic antibiotic stewardship--reduced consumption of broad-spectrum antibiotics using a computerized antimicrobial approval system in a hospital setting. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2008 ; 62(3): 608-16. https://doi.org/10.1093/jac/dkn218
- Paterson DL. The role of antimicrobial management programs in optimizing antibiotic prescribing within hospitals. Clin Infect Dis. 2006; 42 Suppl 2:S90-5. https://doi.org/10.1086/499407
- Wagner AK , Soumerai SB, Zhang F, Ross-Degnan D. Segmented regression analysis of interrupted time series studies in medication use research. Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, 2002; 27: 299-309. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2710.2002.00430.x
- Gillings D, Makuc D and Siegel E. Analysis of interrupted time series mortality trends: an example to evaluate regionalized perinatal care. Am. J. Public Health. 2007; 71: 38-46.
- 김수경. 일반의약품 비급여 전환 효과 분석 - 소화기관용약을 중심으로, 서울대학교보건대학원 박사학위논문, 2008. 2
- Frank Ansari, Kristen Gray, Dilip Nathwani, Gabby Phillips, Simon Ogston, Craig Ramsay, Peter Davey. Outcomes of an intervention to improve hospital antibiotic prescribing : interrupted time series with segmented regression analysis. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, 2003; 52: 842-848. https://doi.org/10.1093/jac/dkg459
- 김윤, 이상일, 권순만, 강민아, 최상은, 은상준. 요양급여적정성평가 효과분석 모형개발 연구. 최종보고서. 건강보험 심사평가원, 서울대학교의과대학, 서울대학교 의료관리학 연구소. 2009. 1
- 건강보험심사평가원. 2010년 상반기 약제급여적정성평가 추구관리 결과 2010. 9