- Volume 5 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Fuzzy Applications in a Multi-Machine Power System Stabilizer
- Sambariya, D.K. (Electrical Engineering Department, Rajasthan Technical University) ;
- Gupta, Rajeev (Rajasthan Technical University)
- Received : 2009.07.22
- Accepted : 2010.05.17
- Published : 2010.09.01
This paper proposes the use of fuzzy applications to a 4-machine and 10-bus system to check stability in open conditions. Fuzzy controllers and the excitation of a synchronous generator are added. Power system stabilizers (PSSs) are added to the excitation system to enhance damping during low frequency oscillations. A fuzzy logic power system stabilizer (PSS) for stability enhancement of a multi-machine power system is also presented. To attain stability enhancement, speed deviation (
Fuzzy Logic;Fuzzy Set Theory;Multi-Machine System;Power System Stabilizer;Different De-fuzzification Methods;Simulink
- E.V. Larsen and D.A. Swann, “Applying Power System Stabilizers Part 1: General Concepts,” IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems, Vol. PAS-100, No. 6, June 1981, pp. 3017-3024. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAS.1981.316355
- Rajeev Gupta, “Robust Non-dynamic Multi-rate Output Feedback Technique based Power System Stabilizer,” Ph. D. Thesis, IIT, Bombay (India), 2004.
- M.A.M Hassan, O.P. Malik, and G.S. Hope, “A Fuzzy Logic Based Stabilizer for Synchronous Machine,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 6, No. 3, September 1991, pp. 407-413. https://doi.org/10.1109/60.84314
- Yuan-Chyuan Lee and Chi-Jui, “Damping of Power System Oscillations with Output Feedback and Strip Eigenvalue Assignment,” IEEE Tran. on PAS, Vol. 10, No. 3, August 1995, pp. 1620-1626.
- Y.Y. Hsu and C.Y. Hsu, “Design of a Proportional-Integral Power System Stabilizer,” IEEE Trans. On PAS, 1(2), 1986, pp. 46-53.
- C.J. Wu and Y.Y. Hsu, “Self-tuning Excitation Control for Synchronous Machine,” IEEE Tran. On AES, Vol. 22, 1986, pp. 389-394.
- Y.Y. Hsu and C.H. Chang, “Design Fuzzy Power System Stabilizer for Multi-machine Power System,” IEE Proc., Vol. 137, Pt.c., No. 3, May 1990.
- H.J. Zimmermann, “Fuzzy Set Theory and Its Application,” Kluwer-Nijoff Publishing Company, 1985.
- Byung-Jae Choi, Seong-Woo Kwik, and Byung Kook Kim, “Design and Stability Analysis of Single-Input Fuzzy Logic Controller,” IEEE Trans. On System, Man and Cybernetics, Vol. 30, No. 2, April 2000.
- L.A. Zadeh, Fuzzy Sets, Inf. and Control 8, 1965, pp. 38-353.
- K.R. Padiyar , “Power system dynamics stability and control,” Interline publications, Bangalore, 1997.
- P. Kundur, “Power System Stability and Control,” McGraw-Hill, Inc., New York, 1993.
- Design and small signal stability enhancement of power system using interval type-2 fuzzy PSS vol.30, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3233/IFS-151825
- Design of optimal input–output scaling factors based fuzzy PSS using bat algorithm vol.19, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jestch.2016.01.006
- Selection of Membership Functions Based on Fuzzy Rules to Design an Efficient Power System Stabilizer vol.19, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s40815-016-0197-6
- Design of Optimal Proportional Integral Derivative Based Power System Stabilizer Using Bat Algorithm vol.2016, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/8546108
- A Novel Fuzzy Rule Matrix Design for Fuzzy Logic-based Power System Stabilizer vol.45, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1080/15325008.2016.1234008
- Intelligent Digital Redesign for Nonlinear Interconnected Systems using Decentralized Fuzzy Control vol.7, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2012.7.3.420