- Volume 5 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Enhanced Proportional-Resonant Current Controller for Unbalanced Stand-alone DFIG-based Wind Turbines
- Phan, Van-Tung (School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Ulsan) ;
- Lee, Hong-Hee (School of Electrical Engineering, University of Ulsan)
- Received : 2010.01.16
- Accepted : 2010.06.11
- Published : 2010.09.01
An enhanced control strategy for variable-speed unbalanced stand-alone doubly-fed induction generator-based wind energy conversion systems is proposed in this paper. The control scheme is applied to the rotor-side converter to eliminate stator voltage imbalance. The proposed current controller is developed based on the proportional-resonant regulator, which is implemented in the stator stationary reference frame. The resonant controller is tuned at the stator synchronous frequency to achieve zero steady-state errors in rotor currents without decomposing the positive and negative sequence components. The computational complexity of the proposed control algorithm is greatly simplified, and control performance is significantly improved. Finally, simulations and experimental results are presented to verify the feasibility and the robustness of the proposed control scheme.
Supported by : KETEP
- Daniel G. Forchetti, Guillermo O. Garcia, and Maria Ines Valla, “Adaptive observer for sensorless control of stand-alone doubly fed induction generator,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 56, No. 10, pp. 4174-4180, Oct. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2014907
- Pena, J. C. Clare, and G. M. Asher, “A doubly fed induction generator using back-to-back PWM converters supplying an isolated load from a variable speed wind turbine,” IEE Proc. Electric Power Applications., Vol. 143, No. 5, pp. 380-387, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-epa:19960454
- S. Muller, M. Deicke, R.W, and De Doncker, “Doubly fed induction generator system for wind turbines,” IEEE Industry Application Magazine, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 26-33, May. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/2943.999610
- Arantxa Tapia, Gerardo Tapia, J. Xabier Ostolaza, and Jose Ramon Saenz, “Modeling and control of a wind turbine driven doubly fed induction generator,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 194-204, June. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2003.811727
- Ted K. A. Brekken and Ned Mohan, “Control of a doubly fed induction wind generator under unbalanced grid voltage conditions,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 22, No. 1 pp. 129-135, Mar. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2006.889550
- Lie Xu and Yi Wang, “Dynamic modeling and control of DFIG-based wind turbine under unbalanced network conditions,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 22, No. 1 pp. 314-323, Feb. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2006.889113
- Lie Xu, “Coordinated control of DFIG’s rotor and grid side converters during network unbalance,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 23, No. 3 pp. 1041-1049, May 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2008.921157
- Lie Xu, “Enhanced control and operation of DFIGbased wind farms during network unbalance,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 23, No. 4 pp. 1073-1081, Dec. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2008.2001452
- Pena, R., Cardenas, R., Escobar, E. Clare, J., and Wheeler, P., “Control System for Unbalanced Operation of Stand-Alone Doubly Fed Induction Generators,” Energy Conversion, IEEE Transactions on, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 544-545, June 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2007.895393
- Pena, R., Cardenas, R., Escobar, E., Clare, J., and Wheeler, P., “Control strategy for a doubly fed induction generator feeding an unbalanced grid or standalone load,” Electric Power Systems Research, July. 2008.
- R. Teodorescu, et al., “Proportional-resonant controllers and filters for grid-connected voltage source converters,” Electric Power Application, IEE Proceedings, Vol. 153, No. 5 pp. 750-762, Sep. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-epa:20060008
- Marco Liserre, Remus Teodorescu, and Frede Blaabjerg, “Multiple harmonics control for three-phase grid converter systems with the use of PI-RES current controller in a rotating frame,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 21, No. 3 pp. 836-841, May 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2006.875566
- Marian P. Kazmierkowski, R. Krishnan, and F. Blaabjerg, ”Control in Power Electronics: selected problems”, Academic Press, 2002.
- Design of DC Side Voltage and Compensation Analysis of THD for Shunt Power Quality Controller under System Load of Rectifier with R-L Load vol.10, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2015.10.1.030