- Volume 5 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on New Power Business Model Using Power Information Technology
- Bae, Sung-Hwan (KEPCO, Graduate school of Public Policy and Information Technology, Seoul National University of Technology) ;
- Kim, Ja-Hee (Graduate school of Public Policy and Information Technology, Seoul National University of Technology) ;
- Lim, Han-Seung (KEPCO)
- Received : 2010.02.11
- Accepted : 2010.04.21
- Published : 2010.09.01
The Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) recorded 2.9 trillion won deficit in the aftermath of the world financial crisis. KEPCO is trying to escape from the business crisis in every way; however, it is impossible to make huge profit by selling electricity alone. Overseas electrical utilities make profits by selling gas and heat along with electricity. However, it is difficult for KEPCO to enter the gas and the heat selling market because other public companies are already dealing with them. In this situation, improving the business is possible when KEPCO develops a new business model and creates added value using Korean advanced Power IT combined with electricity. This study shows a new business model using Power IT, based on a survey targeting managers in KEPCO branch office and electrical engineers in the field. We hope the new business model suggested in this study is adapted to the real field to create high value in the future.
Business Model;Power IT;Future Service;Smart grid
- Y. B. Shim, B. T. Jang, and D. Y. Oh, “KEPCO Enhanced Power Grid for 2030”, KEPRI, Aug. 2007.
- J. M. Oh, D. S. Kim, and D. Y. Kim, “Feasibility study on the development of the next generation transparent solar cells”, KEPRI, Jul. 2007.
- H. C. Lim, S. M. Park, and Y. S. Yeu, “Feasibility study on the development of fuel cell for power generation”, KEPRI, Aug. 2007.
- T. H. Sung, Y. H. Han, and H. C. Cho, “Feasibility study on the development of energy storage systems for large capacity application”, KEPRI, Jul. 2007.
- I. G. Seong, B. S. Lee, and J. M. Jeung, “Feasibility study on the development of smart distribution system”, KEPRI, Jul. 2007.
- H. B. Nam, I. G. Seong, and G. G. Youn, “1 step Report on Development of intelligent distribution management system”, MOCIE, Nov. 2008.
- Y. B. Shim, “1 step Report on Development of prototype for advanced substation automation system based on the digital control technology”, KEPRI, Sep. 2008.
- D. W. Hyun, and G. H. Kim, “1 step Report on Development of PLC ubiquitous technology”, KERI & KEPRI, Sep. 2008.
- H. J. Lee, “Midterm Report on Development of energy management system for microgrid”, KEPRI, Nov. 2008.
- T. G. Kim, J. W. Jang and N. H. Goak, “1 step Report on Development of intelligent transmission network monitoring and operation system”, KEPRI, Oct. 2008.
- N. H. Goak, B. H. Jang, S. Y. Kim, J. S. Youn, and Y. H. Kim, “Third Year Report on IT based control system for bulk power transmission”, KEPRI, Nov. 2008.
- S. C. Geun, J. Y. Kim, and I. G. Seong, “Present Status on Technology Development of Smart Distribution System”, The Proceedings of KIEE, Vol. 57, No. 12, pp.43-50, Dec. 2008.
- “Master Implementation Plan of Power Line Communication Business”, KEPCO, Nov. 2007.
- Case Study on Auto Meter Reading Protocol Certificate System for Smart Grid and Standardization vol.37, pp.1B, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7840/KICS.2012.37B.1.75
- Analysis of Consumer Preferences for Electric Vehicles vol.4, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1109/TSG.2012.2234770
- An Effective addressing assignment method and Its Routing Algorithm in Smart Grid Environments vol.17, pp.10, 2012, https://doi.org/10.9708/jksci/2012.17.10.089