- Volume 12 Issue 2
Deformation analysis of shallow tunneling with unconsolidated soil using nonlinear numerical modeling
비선형 수치모델링을 이용한 미고결 지반 저토피 터널의 변형해석
- Lee, Jae-Ho (MecaGeotech Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Young-Su (Dept. of Civil Engineering. Kyungbook National University) ;
- Yoo, Ji-Hyeung (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Kyungil UniverSity) ;
- Jeong, Yun-Young (Tunnel Engineering DIV, Choungsuk Engineering Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2009.04.01
- Accepted : 2010.03.08
- Published : 2010.03.31
The estimation of surface settlement, ground behavior and tunnel displacement are the main factors in urban tunnel design with shallow depth and unconsolidated soil. On deformation analysis of shallow tunnel, it is important to identify possible deformation mechanism of shear bands developing from tunnel shoulder to the ground surface. This paper investigated the effects of key design parameter affecting deformation behavior by numerical analysis using nonlinear model incorporating the reduction of shear stiffness and strength parameters with the increment of the maximum shear strain after the initiation of plastic yielding. Numerical parametric studies are carried out to consider the reduction of shear stiffness and strength parameters, horizontal stress ratio, cohesion and shotcrete thickness.
- Adachi, T., Tamura, T., Yashima, A. and Ueno, H. (1985), "Behavior and simulation of sandy ground tunnel", Proceedings of JSCE, No.358, III-3, pp. 129-136.
- Akutagawa, S., Otazawa, H. and Sakurai, S. (2006), "Numerical simulation of a large scale slope failure considering reduction of stiffiness and strength over time", Journal of the Society of Materials Science, Japan, Vol. 55, No. 5, pp. 515-522. https://doi.org/10.2472/jsms.55.515
- Cividini, A and Gioda, G. (1992), "A finite element analysis of direct shear tests on stiff clays", International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, Vol. 16, pp. 869-886. https://doi.org/10.1002/nag.1610161203
- Gioda, G. and Locatelli, L. (1999), "Back analysis of the measurements performed during the excavation of a shallow tunnel in sand, International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics", Vol. 23, pp. 1407-1425. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1096-9853(199911)23:13<1407::AID-NAG934>3.0.CO;2-Q
- Hansmire, W.H. and Cording, E.J. (1985), "Soil tunnel test section: Case history summary", J. Geotech. Eng. Div. Am. Soc. Civ. Eng., Ill, pp. 1301-1320.
- Kim, C.Y, Hong, S.W., Kim, K.Y., Baek, S.H., Bae, G.J. and Schubert, W. (2005), "New guideline for geomechanical design/construction of conventional NATM tunnel", Tunnelling Technology, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 73-88.
- Lee, Y.J. and Ryu, C.Y (2010), "Determination of K values from tunnel model tests in sandy ground", Tunnelling Technology, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 87-94.
- Murayama, S. and Matsuoka, H. (1969), "On the settlement of granular media caused by the local yielding in the media", Proceedings of JSCE, 172, pp. 32-41.
- Potts, D. (2002), "Guidelines for the use of advanced numerical analysis", European Commission, pp. 133-135.
- Sakurai, Sand Akayuli, C.F.A. (1998), "Deformational analysis of geomaterials considering strain-induced damage", In;Cividini, A.(ed), Proc. 4th. Europ., pp. 729-738.
- Schuller, H. and Schweiger, H. F. (2002), "Appplication of a Multilaminate Model to simulation of shear band formation in NATM-tunnelling", Computers and Geotechnics, 29, pp. 501-524. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0266-352X(02)00013-7
- Sterpi, D. (1999), "An analysis of geotechnical problems involving strain softening", Int. J.Num. Analyt. Meth. Geomech., 23, pp. 1427-1454. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1096-9853(199911)23:13<1427::AID-NAG6>3.0.CO;2-B
- Sterpi, D. and Sakurai, S. (1997), "Numerical analysis of laboratory tests on a model tunnel", In: Asaoka, Adachi and Oka editors, Proc.Deformation and Progressive Failure in Geomechanics, IS-Nagoya, pp. 211-216.
- Wong, R.C.K. and Kaiser, P.K. (1991), "Performance assessment of tunnels in cohesionless soils", J. Geothech. Engng., ASCE, 117(12), pp. 1880-1901. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9410(1991)117:12(1880)
- You, K.H., Park, Y.J. and Bae, G.J. (2000), "An Assessment of Safety Factor for Tunnels Excavationed in a Weak Rock layer", Tunnelling Technology, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 47-57.