- Volume 15 Issue 2
Development of a CAE Middleware and a Visualization System for Supporting Interoperability of Continuous CAE Analysis Data
연속해석 데이터의 상호운용성을 지원하는 CAE 미들웨어와 가시화 시스템의 개발
- Received : 2009.10.20
- Accepted : 2010.02.24
- Published : 2010.04.01
This paper proposes a CAE data translation and visualization technique that can verify time-varying continuous analysis simulation in a virtual reality (VR) environment. In previous research, the use of CAE analysis data has been problematic because of the lack of any interactive simulation controls for visualizing continuous simulation data. Moreover, the research on post-processing methods for real-time verification of CAE analysis data has not been sufficient. We therefore propose a scene graph based visualization method and a post-processing method for supporting interoperability of continuous CAE analysis data. These methods can continuously visualize static analysis data independently of any timeline; it can also continuously visualize dynamic analysis data that varies in relation to the timeline. The visualization system for continuous simulation data, which includes a CAE middleware that interfaces with various formats of CAE analysis data as well as functions for visualizing continuous simulation data and operational functions, enables users to verify simulation results with more realistic scenes. We also use the system to do a performance evaluation with regard to the visualization of continuous simulation data.
- Frisch, N., Rose, D., Sommer, O. and Ertl, T., "Visualization and Pre-processing of Independent Finiteelement Meshes for Car Crash Simulations", The Visual Computer, Vol. 18, pp. 236-249, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1007/s003710100144
- Gemdt, A., Schirski, M., Kuhlen, T. and Bischof, C. H., "Parallel Calculation of Accurate Path Lines in Virtual Enviromnents Through Exploitation of Multi-block CFD Data Set Topology", Journal of Mathematical Modelling and Algorithms, Vol. 4, pp. 35-52, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10852-004-3521-3
- Reimersdahl, T., Bley, F., Kuhlen, T. and Bischof, C. H., "Haptic Rendering Techniques for the Interactive Exploration of CFD Datasets in Virtual Enviromnents", Eurographics Workshop on Virtual Environments, pp. 241-246, 2003.
- Laramee, R. S. and Hauser, H., "Geometric Flow Visualization Techniques for CFD Simulation Data", Proceedings of the 21st Spring Conference on Computer Graphics SCCG '05, pp. 221-224, 2005.
- Bryson, S. and Levit, C., "The Virtual Wind Turmel: An Enviromnent for the Exploration of Three-dimensional Unsteady Fluid Flow", IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol. 12, No.4, pp. 25-34, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/38.144824
- Bryson, S., "Virtual Reality in Scientific Visualization", Communication of the ACM, Vol. 39, No.5, pp. 62-71, 2006.
- Song, I. H., Yang, J. S., Jo, H. J. and Choi, S. S., "Development of CAE Data Translation Technique for a Virtual Reality Environment", Society of the Korea CAD/CAM, Vol. 13, No.5, pp. 334-341, 2008.
- Song, I. H., Yang, J. S., Jo, H. J. and Choi, S. S., "Development of a Lightweight CAE Middleware for CAE Data Exchange", International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Vol. 22, pp. 823-835, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1080/09511920902866088
- Ceetron Inc., http://www.ceetron.com
- Kim, S. R. and Weissmann, D., "Middleware-based Integration of Multiple CAD and PDM Systems into Virtual Reality Enviromnent", Computer-Aided DeSign and Application, Vol. 3, pp. 547-556, 2006.
- QT Software, http://www.trolltech.com
- Beepa inc, http://www.beepa.com
- Kim, Y. S., Yang, J. S. and Han, S. H., "A Multichannel Visualization Module for Virtual Manufacturing", Computer in Industry, Vol. 57, No.7, pp. 653-662, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compind.2006.02.005