- Volume 25 Issue 1
In this study, a series of finite element analysis using LUSAS were performed in order to assess the quantitative effects of repair and retrofit of stringer in steel plate girder railway bridge with fatigue cracks. And cutoff types of end part of upper flange were considered as right-angled type and round-angled type. Also, as a method of repair and retrofit of fatigue cracks in stringer, perforation of stop-hole and installation of bracket were considered. From the analysis result, it was possible to assess the fatigue safety and fatigue life of stringer with fatigue cracks, and to estimate the stress intensity factor range in cut-off part of stringer using J-integral method. Also, according to the method of perforation of stop-hole and installation of bracket, it was possible to calculate the crack propagation life at the cut-off part of stringer.
finite element analysis;fatigue safety;fatigue life;repair and retrofit
- JSCE, "Assessment of Deterioration and Damage in Steel Bridges", Marugen Co. LTD., pp. 10-12, 1996.
- C. Miki, W. Nishigawa, J.W. Fisher, "Inspection of Fatigue Damage in Steel Bridges", Bridge & Foundation, pp. 17-21, 1986.
- P. Albrecht, A.H. Naeemi, "Performance of Weathering Steel in Bridges", Report No.272, Nat. Cooperative Highway Res. Program, 1984.
- M.E. Komp, "Atmospheric Corrosion Ratings of Weathering Steels - Calculations and Significance", Materials Performance, Vol. 26, No. 7, pp. 42-44, 1987.
- S.W. Lee, "Maintenance of Railway Steel Structures", Journal of KSCE, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 30-35, 2000.
- 이범희, "강트러스 철도교의 응력분포특성에 관한 연구", 한양대학교 석사학위논문, pp. 7-8, 1997.
- 정태호, "부식에 의한 단면손실이 강철도교의 건전성에 미치는 영향", 한양대학교 석사학위논문, pp. 1-3, 2000.
- 장동일 외, "피로손상이 발생한 강트러스 철도교 의 응력이력계측 및 피로수명평가", 한국산업안전학회지, 제15권, 제1호, pp. 132-139, 2000.