- Volume 35 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Factors Affecting Fuel Consumption of Agricultural Tractor
농용 트랙터 연료소모량에 미치는 요인분석
- Park, Seok-Ho (Researcher, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Young-Jung (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Im, Dong-Hyeok (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Chung-Kill (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Jang, Yang (Daedong Industrial Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Sung-Su (Daedong Industrial Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2010.04.19
- Accepted : 2010.05.12
- Published : 2010.06.25
The objective of this study was to analyze the factors affecting on fuel consumption of agricultural tractor. According to the statistical analysis, fuel consumption of agricultural tractor was considerably influenced by kind of operation, throttle engine speed and gear steps of tractor but much less by kind of soil. Specific fuel consumption of the tractor in plowing, dry paddy tilling, wet paddy tilling and wet paddy levelling was 0.33~0.36, 0.30~0.45, 0.19~0.34, 0.28~0.39 L/
- Choi, C. H. and M. J. NahmGung. 2000. Load measurement of tractor on field performance. Proceedings of the KSAM 2000 Summer Conference 5(2):29-34. (In Korean)
- Firestine, N., L. Furrey, C. Aslin, E. Crivella and J. A. Sautter. 2007. The Farmer’s Handbook for Energy Self-reliance. The Institute for Energy and the Environment Vermont Law School. pp. 20-26. South Royalton, USA.
- Fujii, Y. 2008. Recent trends in energy saving for development and use of agricultural machinery in Japan. SIEMSTA 2008 International Symposium of KSAM: Energy Saving in the Field of Agricultural Machinery Engineering. pp. 3-38. KSAM, Suwon, Korea. (In Korean)
- Gotoh, T. and T. Teshima. 2010. Effect of operating conditions of an agricultural tractor on fuel consumption (part 4)- fertilizing, cultivating and road traveling test-. Journal of the Japanese Society of Agricultural Machinery 72(1):72-79. (In Japanese)
- Green, M. K., B. A. Stout and S. W. Searcy. 1983. Instrumentation package for monitoring tractor performance. ASAE Paper No. 83-1562. ASABE, St. Joseph, MI, USA.
- Grisso, R. D. and R. Pitman. 2001. Gear Up and Throttle Down - Saving Fuel. Virginia Cooperative Extension Publication. pp. 442-450. Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA. USA.
- Kim, S. C., K. U. Kim and D. C. Kim. 2009. Analysis of drawbar load acting on tractor engine at maximum drawbar power. Journal of Biosystems Engineering 34(2):71-76. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2009.34.2.071
- Kim, S. C. and K. U. Kim. 2010. Rating agricultural tractors by fuel efficiency. Journal of Biosystems Engineering 35(2): 69-76. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2010.35.2.069
- Kim, S. C. and S. M. Han. 2002. The study of the effects of driving conditions on passenger car fuel economy. Proceedings of the KSAE 2002 Spring Conference. pp. 166-171. (In Korean)
- Lancas, K. P., S. K. Upadhyaya, M. Sime and S. Shafii. 1996. Overinflated tractor tires waste fuel, reduce productivity. California Agriculture 51(2):28-32. UC Davis, California, USA.
- Lee, K. S., I. K. Oh, Y. S. Kang, S. K. Choi, S. Y. Hwang and T. Y. Choi. 1998. Combustion engineering. Hyung Seul Publish. pp. 74-140. H.S.P., Seoul, Korea. (In Korean)
- Park, S. H., Y. J. Kim, D. H. Im, C. K. Kim, S. C. Jung, H. J. Kim, J. S. Lee and S. S. Kim. 2010a. Characteristics of tractor PTO power and work loads. Journal of Biosystems Engineering 35(1):15-20. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2010.35.1.015
- Park, S. H., Y. J. Kim, D. H. Im, C. K. Kim, S. C. Jung, H. J. Kim, J. S. Lee and S. S. Kim. 2010b. Development of eco driving system for agricultural tractor. Journal of Biosystems Engineering 35(2):77-84. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2010.35.2.077
- Ryu, K. H. and S. B. Kang. 1991. Evaluation of indirect methods of engine torque measurement. Journal of the Korean Society for Agricultural Machinery 16(1):1-8. (In Korean)
- Teshima, T. and T. Gotoh. 2010. Effect of operating conditions of an agricultural tractor on fuel consumption (part 3)-puddling and mole drainage test-. Journal of the Japanese Society of Agricultural Machinery 72(1):63-71. (In Japanese)
- Computer simulations to maximise fuel efficiency and work performance of agricultural tractors in rotovating and ploughing operations vol.142, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biosystemseng.2015.11.012
- Effects of Distribution of Axle Load and Inflation Pressure of Tires on Fuel Efficiency of Tractor Operations vol.36, pp.5, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2011.36.5.303
- Research Trends for Performance, Safety, and Comfort Evaluation of Agricultural Tractors: A Review vol.39, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2014.39.1.021
- Effects of gear selection of an agricultural tractor on transmission and PTO load during rotary tillage vol.134, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.still.2013.07.013