- Volume 35 Issue 2
Evaluation of a Fabricated Charge Sensitive Amplifier for a Semiconductor Radiation Detector
- Kim, Han-Soo (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Ha, Jang-Ho (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Park, Se-Hwan (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Jae-Hyung (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Cheol-Ho (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- Received : 2010.04.26
- Accepted : 2010.05.21
- Published : 2010.06.30
A CSA(Charge Sensitive Amplifier) was designed and fabricated for application in a radiation detection system based on a semiconductor detector such as Si, SiC, CdZnTe and etc.. A fabricated hybrid.type CSA was evaluated by comparison with a commercially available CSA. A comparison was performed by using calculation of ENC (Equivalent Noise Charge) and by using energy resolutions of fabricated radiation detectors based on Si. In energy resolution comparison, a fabricated CSA showed almost the same performance compared with a commercial one. In this study, feasibility of a fabricated CSA was discussed.
- Kim HS. Park SH, Ha JH, Lee DH, Cho SY. Characteristics of a Fabricated PIN Photodiode for a Matching with a CsI(Tl) Scintillator. IEEE TNS, accepted paper. 2010.
- Helmuth S. Semiconductor Detector Systems. New York; Oxford University Press, 2005:105‐133.
- CR‐110 catalogue. Crema Inc.. www.cremat.com.
- Knoll GF. Radiation detection and measurement. 3th ed. New York; John Wiley and Sons, 1999:129‐157.
- Kunishiro M. Charge Sensitive Amplifier. KEK proceedings 1996;50‐59.