- Volume 35 Issue 2
Performance Evaluation of Component Detectors of Double-scattering Compton Camera
이중 산란형 컴프턴 카메라 구성 검출기 성능 평가
- Seo, Hee (Department of Nuclear Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Park, Jin-Hyung (Department of Nuclear Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Chan-Hyeong (Department of Nuclear Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Lee, Ju-Hahn (Department of Physics, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Lee, Chun-Sik (Department of Physics, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Lee, Jae-Sung (Department of Nuclear Medicine and Interdisciplinary Program in Radiation Applied Life Science, Seoul National University)
- 서희 (한양대학교 원자력공학과) ;
- 박진형 (한양대학교 원자력공학과) ;
- 김찬형 (한양대학교 원자력공학과) ;
- 이주한 (중앙대학교 물리학과) ;
- 이춘식 (중앙대학교 물리학과) ;
- 이재성 (서울대학교 핵의학교실)
- Received : 2010.03.26
- Accepted : 2010.05.03
- Published : 2010.06.30
Prototype double-scattering Compton camera, which consists of three gamma-ray detectors, that is, two double-sided silicon strip detectors (DSSDs) as scatterer detectors and a NaI(Tl) scintillation detector as an absorber detector, could provide high imaging resolution with a compact system. In the present study, the energy resolution and the timing resolution of component detectors were measured, and the parameters affecting the energy resolution of the DSSD were examined in terms of equivalent noise charge (ENC). The energy resolutions of the DSSD-1 and DSSD-2 were, in average,
- 서희, 이세형, 박진형, 김찬형, 박성호, 이주한, 이춘식, 이재성. 4-D 전산모사 기법을 이용한 회전형 컴프턴 카메라의 영상 특성 평가. 방사선방어학회지 2009;34(3):107-114.
- Toker O, Masciocchi S, Nygoard E, Rudge A, and Weilhammer P. VIKING, a CMOS low noise monolithic 128 channel frontend for Si-strip detector readout. Nucl. Instr. Meth. A 1994;340:572-579. https://doi.org/10.1016/0168-9002(94)90140-6
- http://physics.nist.gov/PhysRefData/Xcom/html/ xcom1.html
- Knoll GF. Radiation detection and measurement. 3rd ed. New York; John Wiley and Sons, 2000.
- Seo H, An SH, Kim JK, Kim CH. Monte Carlo study of a double-scattering Compton camera with GEANT4. Nucl. Instr. and Meth. A 2007;580: 314-317. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nima.2007.05.164
- Scannavini MG, Speller RD, Royle GJ, Cullum I, Raymond M, Hall G, Iles G. A possible role for silicon microstrip detectors in nuclear medicine: Compton imaging of positron emitters. Nucl. Instr. and Meth. A 2002;477:514-520. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-9002(01)01796-X
- Zoglauer A and Kanbach G. Doppler broadening as a lower limit to the angular resolution of next generation Compton telescopes. Proc. SPIE-Int. Soc. Opt. Eng. 2003;4851:1302-1309.
- Seo H, Kim CH. Park JH, Kim JK, Lee JH, Lee CS, Lee JS. Development of double-scattering-type Compton camera with double-sided silicon strip detectors and NaI(Tl) scintillation detector. Nucl. Instr. and Meth. A 2010;615:333-339. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nima.2010.02.060
- Wilburn C. Private communication. 2007.
- Seo H, Lee SH, Kim CH, An SH, Lee JH, Lee CS. Optimal geometrical configuration of a double- scattering Compton camera for maximum imaging resolution and sensitivity. Nucl. Instr. and Meth. A 2008;591:80-83. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nima.2008.03.028
- Short course lecture note. Nuclear science for homeland security. 2007 IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium and Medical Imaging Conference.