- Volume 12 Issue 6
Alliances, collaborations and partnerships are essential practices in today's business. The purpose of this study was to understand the trends in retail alliances by analyzing the patterns of alliances in the Korean retail market. Retail alliance cases were collected from the published news article database in a major internet portal. A total of 1,061 retail alliance cases for the first decade of the 2000s were categorized into the alliances: 1) within the same retail format and 2) across different formats within the retail industry; and 3) with service industries and 4) with manufacturing industries outside the retail industry. The study described the patterns on the characteristics of participating retailers and partners, industries involved, and alliance types for each of the four categories.
alliance;collaboration;partnership;retail industry;retail market
Supported by : 영남대학교
- 박경애, 박광희. (2004). 패션산업의 전략적 제휴 현황. 한국의류학회지, 28(5), 678-689.
- 사이트순위정보. (2010). 랭키닷컴. 자료검색일 2009, 10. 25, 자료출처 http://www.rankey.com
- 어? 할인점서 담보대출...유통업체-금융업체 제휴 잇따라. (2004, 4. 20). 동아일보. 자료검색일 2009, 12. 15, 자료출처 http:// www.donga.com
- 유통산업연구소. (2009). 2010 유통업 전망.
- 할인점+카테고리 킬러 생긴다, 롯데마트-B&Q 제휴. (2003, 7. 13). 한국경제. 자료검색일 2009, 11. 26, 자료출처 http://www.hankyung.com
- 현대홈쇼핑, 유럽홈쇼핑사와 제휴. (2007, 04. 19). 매일경제. 자료검색일 2010, 2. 14, 자료출처 http://www.mk.co.kr
- TV홈쇼핑이 할인점 간다? CJ홈쇼핑-홈플러스 제휴. (2003, 11. 09). 한국경제. 자료검색일 2009, 11. 20, 자료출처 http://www. hankyung.com
- Bailey, J., Clarke-Hill, C. M., & Robinson, T. M. (1995). Towards a taxonomy of international retail alliances. Service Industries Journal, 15(4), 25-41. https://doi.org/10.1080/02642069500000048
- Booz, Allen., & Hamilton. (1997). Cross-border alliances in the age of collaboration. Viewpoint. Retrieved July 1, 2010, from http://www.boozallen.com
- Clarke-Hill, C. M., Robinson, T. M., & Bailey, J. (1998). Skills and competence transfers in European retail alliances: A comparison between alliances and joint ventures. European Business Review, 98(6), 300-310. https://doi.org/10.1108/09555349810241572
- Elmuti, D., & Kathawala, Y. (2001). An overview of strategic alliances. Management Decision, 39(3), 205-217. https://doi.org/10.1108/EUM0000000005452
- Ghisi, F. A., Silveira, J. G., Kristensen, T., Hingley, M., & Lindgreen, A. (2008). Horizontal alliances amongst small retailers in Brazil. British Food Journal, 110(4/5), 514-538. https://doi.org/10.1108/00070700810868997
- Kanter, R. M. (1994). Collaborative advantage. Harvard Business Review, 72(4), 96-108.
- Reijnders, W. J., & Verhallen, M. M. (1996). Strategic alliances among small retailing firms: Empirical evidence for the Netherlands. Journal of Small Business Management, 34(1), 36-45.
- Simatupang, T. M., & Sridharan, R. (2005). An integrative framework for supply chain collaboration. The International Journal of Logistics Management, 16(2), 257-274. https://doi.org/10.1108/09574090510634548
- Vieira, J., Yoshizaki, H., & Ho, L. (2009). Collaboration intensity in the Brazilian supermarket retail chain. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 14(1), 11-21. https://doi.org/10.1108/13598540910927269