- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The 'Slow' Fashion Characteristics Expressed on 『Vogue』 Magazine Since 2000
2000년 이후 『보그』지에 나타난 '느림'의 패션 경향
- Ham, Youn-Ja (Dept. of Fashion Design, Dong-Eui University) ;
- Park, Ju-Hee (Dept. of Fashion Design, Samsung Art & Design Institute)
- Received : 2010.06.09
- Accepted : 2010.07.26
- Published : 2010.12.31
The purpose of this study is to consider the characteristics of 'slow' fashion style expressed on fashion magazine in pursuit of sociocultural paradigm change towards 'slowness'. As for the research methodology, content analysis for Vogue magazine has been undertaken. The results of this study can be summarized as followings. First, the concern toward eco-friendly ethics has been involving simple style which is long-lasting, junky style which is reused or recycled, and sustainable style which is motived by nature. Second, the interest toward local diversity has been involving ethnic exotic style which is inspired by global culture and vintage retro style which is applied the old tradition. Third, the attention toward self-made has been involving personal style which is produced through the process such as made-to-measure, made-to-order and reform. Also, anonymous dresses can be personalized easily under mix-n-match. In Conclusion, the 'slow' fashion characteristics has been expressed on contemporary mass fashion in various way and the 'slow' fashion would be expected to improve in accordance with the change toward sociocultural paradigm of 'slowness'.
slow fashion;slowness;eco-friendly ethics;local diversity;self-made
Supported by : 동의대학교
- 함연자. (2009). 현대 패션에 나타난 '느림'의 패러다임. 한국의류산업학회지, 11(4), 527-536.
- '느리게 살기' 빠르게 확산. (2008, 2. 2). 조인스닷컴. 자료검색일 2010, 7. 19, 자료출처 http://article.joins.com
- 마케팅의 새로운 대안 Customer-Made 기법. (2005, 5. 25). 삼성디자인넷. 자료검색일 2010, 4. 1, 자료출처 http://www.samsungdesign.net
- 엘리트 한영사전. (1999). 서울: 시사영어사
- connection. (2000.3). American Vogue. pp. 270-276.
- 패션업계의 Mass Customization 전략. (2004, 1. 13). 삼성디자인넷. 자료검색일 2010, 4. 1, 자료출처 http://www.samsungdesign.net
- Bigelow, M. S. (1979). Fahion In History. Minneapolis: Burgess Publishing Company, pp. 257-271.
- caught in customs. (2002, 11). American Vogue, pp. 271-274.
- Fletcher, K. (2008). Sustainable Fashion & Textile. London: Earthscan, pp. 137-138.
- Krober & Richardson. (1973). Fashion Marketing. London: George & Unwin, pp. 47-104.
- please recycle. (2000, 3). American Vogue, pp. 296-297.
- Rouse, E. (2003). 코르셋에서 펑크까지 (이재한 역). 서울: 시지락 (원저 1989 출판), pp. 186-195.
- slow fashion: Forever yours. (2020, 7. 7). Guardian. 자료검색일 2010, 7. 19, 자료출처 http://www.guardian.co.uk the palermo
- The palermo connection. (2000). American Vogue. pp. 270-276.
- Vergani, G. (Eds.) (2006). Fashion Dictionary. New York: Baldini Castoldi Dalai editore, Inc.
- west end girls. (2000, 2). American Vogue, pp. 158-160.
- who's that girl? (2006, 6). American Vogue, pp. 104-106.
- why less is more. (2007, 11). American Vogue, pp.198-204.
- The Characteristics and Aesthetic Values of Slow Fashion from a Social Viewpoint vol.35, pp.11, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2011.35.11.1386