- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Taxonomical Classification and Genesis of Donggui Series in Jeju Island
제주도 토양인 동귀통의 분류 및 생성
- Song, Kwan-Cheol ;
- Hyun, Byung-Keun ;
- Moon, Kyung-Hwan ;
- Jeon, Seung-Jong ;
- Lim, Han-Cheol ;
- Kang, Ho-Jun
- Received : 2010.03.08
- Accepted : 2010.03.24
- Published : 2010.03.31
This study was conducted to reclassify Donggui series based on the second edition of Soil Taxonomy and to discuss the formation of Donggui series in Jeju Island. Morphological properties of typifying pedon of Donggui series were investigated and physico-chemical properties were analyzed according to Soil survey laboratory methods manual. The typifying pedon has very dark grayish brown (10YR 3/2) silt loam A horizon (0~17 cm), gravelly very dark grayish brown (10YR 3/2) silt loam BA horizon (17~42 cm), gravelly very dark grayish brown (10YR 3/2) silty clay loam Bt1 horizon (43~80 cm), brown (7.5YR 4/6) silty clay Bt2 horizon (80~105 cm), and brown (10YR 5/4) silty clay Bt3 horizon (105~150 cm). It is developed in lava plain and are derived from basalt and pyroclastic materials. The typifying pedon contains 1.3~2.1% oxalate extractable (Al + 1/2 Fe), less than 85% phosphate retention, and higher bulk density than 0.90
Argillic horizons;Base saturation(sum of cations);Donggui series;Typic Hapludalfs
- Buol, S.W., R.J. Southard, R.C. Graham, P.A. McDaniel. 2003. Soil genesis and classification. 5th ed. Iowa State Press, Iowa.
- Hunter, C.R., A.J. Busacca. 1987. Pedogenesis and surface charge of some Andic soil in Washington, U.S.A. Geoderma. 39, 249-265. https://doi.org/10.1016/0016-7061(87)90005-X
- Jeju Do Agricultural Research and Extention Service (JARES). 1991. Climatological report of mid-mount-aineous area in Jeju Island.
- Korea Meteorological Administration (KMA). 2001. Climatological normals of Korea (1971-2000).
- Mizota, C.J., Chapelle. 1988. Characterization of some Andepts and Andic soils in Rwanda, Central Africa. Geoderma. 41, 193-209. https://doi.org/10.1016/0016-7061(88)90060-2
- Moon, K.H. 2010. Spatial analysis of soils in Jeju Island. Ph.D. Thesis, Jeju National University, Jeju, Korea.
- National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology (NIAST). 2000. Taxonomical classification of Korean soils.
- Parfitt, R.L., C.W. Childs, D.N. Eden. 1988. Ferrihydrite and allophane in four Andepts from Hawaii and implications for their classification. Geoderma. 41, 223-241. https://doi.org/10.1016/0016-7061(88)90062-6
- Parfitt, R.L., J.M. Kimble. 1989. Conditions for formation of allophane in soils. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 53, 971-977. https://doi.org/10.2136/sssaj1989.03615995005300030057x
- Parfitt, R.L., B. Clayden. 1991. Andisols-the develop-ment of a new order in Soil Taxonomy. Geoderma. 49, 181-189. https://doi.org/10.1016/0016-7061(91)90075-5
- Park, J.B., K.H. Park. 1996. Petrology and petrogenesis of the Cenozoic alkali volcanic rocks in the middle part of Korean Peninsula (1): Petrography, mineral chemistry and whole rock major element chemistry. J. Geol. Soc. of Korea. 32, 223-249.
- Song, K.C., S.H. Yoo. 1991. Andic properties of major soils in Cheju Island. I. Characterization of volcanic ash soils by selective dissolution analysis. Korean J. Soc. Soil Sci. Fert. 24, 86-94.
- Song, K.C., S.H. Yoo. 1994. Andic properties of major soils in Cheju Island. III. Conditions for formation of allophane. Korean J. Soc. Soil Sci. Fert. 27, 149-157.
- Song, K.C. 1997. Distribution, and conditions for formation of allophane in soils in Cheju Island. Minerology and Industry 10(2), 26-45.
- Song, K.C., S.J. Jung, B.K. Hyun, Y.K. Sonn, H.K. Kwak. 2005. Classification and properties of Korean soils. In NIAST. Fruits and future prospects for soil survey in Korea. pp. 35-107. Suwon, Korea.
- Song, K.C., B.K. Hyun, Y.K. Sonn, H.C. Lim, S.C. Lee. 2009a. Taxonomical classification of Namweon series, black volcanic ash soils. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 42, 384-398.
- Song, K.C., B.K.Hyun, K.H. Moon, S.J. Jeon, H.C. Lim. 2009b. Taxonomical classification of Yongdang series. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 42, 393-398
- Song, K.C., B.K. Hyun, K.H.Moon, S.J. Jeon, H.C. Lim. 2009c. Taxonomical classification and genesis of Yongheung series in Jeju island. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 42, 478-485.
- USDA, Soil Survey Staff. 1975. Soil Taxonomy. A basic system of soil classification for making and interpreting soil surveys. Agric. Handbook 436. USDA-SCS. U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C.
- USDA, Soil Survey Staff. 1990. Keys to Soil Taxonomy. SMSS Technical Monograph No. 19, 4th ed. USDA-SMSS, Blacksbury, Virginia.
- USDA, Soil Survey Division Staff. 1993. Soil Survey Manual. Agricultural Handbook 18. USDA-NRCS, Washington.
- USDA, NRCS. 1996. Soil survey laborarory methods manual. Soil Survey Investigation Report No.42 (revised). USDA-NRCS, Washington.
- USDA, Soil Survey Staff. 1999. Soil Taxonomy. A basic system of soil classification for making and interpreting soil surveys. 2nd ed. Agric. Hand-book 436. USDA-NRCS. CRC Press, Boca Paton, Fla., USA.
- USDA, Soil Survey Staff. 2006. Keys to Soil Taxo-nomy. 10th ed. USDA-NRCS, Blacksbury, Virginia.
- Weon, J.K. 1983. A study on the quaternary volcanism in the Korean Peninsula - in the Choogayong rift valley. J. Geol. Soc. of Korea. 19, 159-168.
- Weon, J.K. M.W. Lee. 1988. The study on petrology for the quaternary alkali vocanic rock of the Korean Peninsula. J. Geol. Soc. of Korea. 24, 181-193.
- Taxonomical Classification of Cheongweon Series Distributed on Broad Continental Alluvial Plains vol.44, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.6.1272