- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Blood Lead Level in Populations Resident in Some Abandoned Mine Area
충청북도 일부 폐광산 지역 주민의 만성 납 노출 정도 평가
- Song, Sun-Ho (Department of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine and Medical Research Institute, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Eom, Sang-Yong (Department of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine and Medical Research Institute, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kim, Yong-Dae (Department of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine and Medical Research Institute, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kim, Heon (Department of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine and Medical Research Institute, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Hong, Jang-Soo (Department of Thoracic Surgery, College of Medicine and Medical Research Institute, Chungbuk National University)
- 송선호 (충북대학교 의과대학 예방의학교실) ;
- 엄상용 (충북대학교 의과대학 예방의학교실) ;
- 김용대 (충북대학교 의과대학 예방의학교실) ;
- 김헌 (충북대학교 의과대학 예방의학교실) ;
- 홍장수 (충북대학교 의과대학 흉부외과학교실 및 의학연구소)
- Received : 2010.01.15
- Accepted : 2010.02.23
- Published : 2010.04.30
Exposure to lead, particularly at chronic low-dose levels, is still a major public health concern. The present study is aimed to evaluate the blood lead levels in populations resident in some abandoned mine areas of Chungbuk, Korea. Eight hundreds and sixty-six subjects who reside in abandoned mine area located in Chungbuk, Korea, were enrolled this study. We evaluated the blood lead level according to the age, gender, and working history in mines. For statistical analysis, SPSS ver 12.0 was used. The geometric mean blood lead levels was
Blood lead level;Abandoned mine area;Chungbuk
Supported by : 충북대학교
- 고상백 , 김춘배 , 남정모 , 최홍열 , 차봉석 , 박종구 , 지호성, 2002, 혈중 납과 혈압의 연관성에 관한 메타분석, 산업보건, 170, 60-61.
- 김현정, 양소영, 이인화, 2002, 성별과 염색에 따른 모발 중 중금속 함량 연구, 한국위생과학회지, 8, 67-74.
- Barbier, O., Jacquillet, G., Tauc, M., Cougnon, M., Poujeol, P., 2005, Effect of heavy metals on, and handling by, the kidney, Nephron. Physiol., 99, 105-110. https://doi.org/10.1159/000083981
- Chung, J. H., Kang, P. S., Kim, C. Y., Lee, K. S., Hwang, T. Y., Kim, G. T., Park, J. S., Park, S. Y., Kim, D. S., Lim, O. T., Sakong, J., 2005, Blood Pb, Urine Cd and Health Assessment of Residents in the Vicinity of Abandoned Mines in Gyeongsangbuk-do, Korean J. Occup. Environ. Med., 17, 225-237.
- Delfino, R. J., Sioutas, C., Malik, S., 2005, Potential role of ultrafine particles in associations between airborne particle mass and cardiovascular health, Environ., Health Perspect., 113, 934-946. https://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.7938
- Fernandez, F. J., 1975, Micromethod for lead deter-mination in whole blood by atomic absorption, with use of the graphite furnace, Clin. Chem., 21, 558-561.
- Gorell, J. M., Johnson, C. C., Rybicki, B. A., Peterson, E. L., Kortsha, G. X., Brown, G. G., Richardson, R. J., 1999, Occupational exposure to manganese, copper, lead, iron, mercury and zinc and the risk of Parkinson's disease, Neurotoxicology, 20, 239-247.
- Gulson, B. L., 1996, Tooth analyses of sources and intensity of lead exposure in children, Environ. health Perspect., 104, 306-312. https://doi.org/10.2307/3432889
- Hwang, L., 2007, Environmental stressors and violence: lead and polychlorinated biphenyls, Rev. Environ. Health, 22, 313-328. https://doi.org/10.1515/REVEH.2007.22.4.313
- Moon, C. S., Zhang, Z. W., Shimbo, S., Watanabe, T., Moon, D. H., Lee, C. U., Lee, B. K., Ahn, K. D., Lee, S. H., Ikeda, M., 1995, Dietary intake of cadmium and lead among the general population in Korea, Environ. Res., 71, 46-54. https://doi.org/10.1006/enrs.1995.1066
- Nemery, B., 1990, Metal toxicity and the respiratory tract, Eur. Respir. J., 3, 202-219.
- Pappas, J. B., Ahiquist, J. T., Allen, E. M., Baker, W. Jr., 1995, Oral dimercaptosuccinic acid and ongoing exposure to lead : effects of heme synthesis and lead distribution in a rat model, Toxicol. Appl. Pharmacol., 133, 121-129. https://doi.org/10.1006/taap.1995.1133
- Piotrowski, J. K., Coleman, D. O., 1980, Environmental Hazards of Heavy Metal : Summary Evaluation of Pb, Cd, and Hg, MARC Rep., no. 20.
- Settle, D. M., Patterson, C. C., 1980, Lead in albocoreguide to lead pollution, Am. Sci., 207, 1167.