- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Variation of Phosphorus and Nitrogen Removal Characteristics According to the Decrease of Influent Phosphorus Concentration in SBR and SBBR
SBR과 SBBR에서 유입 인 농도 감소에 따른 인과 질소의 제거 특성 변화
- Kim, Dong-Seog (Department of Environmental Science, Catholic University of Daegu) ;
- Park, Young-Seek (Department of Health & Environment, Daegu University)
- Received : 2010.01.18
- Accepted : 2010.02.23
- Published : 2010.04.30
The purpose of this study is to investigate the effect of influent phosphorus concentration on the nitrogen and phosphorus removal in sequencing batch reactor(SBR) and sequencing batch biofilm reactors(SBBRs) in order to recover the enhanced biological phosphorus removal (EBPR) capacity at the sludge of the deterioration of EBPR capacity. In SBBRs, comparing to SBR, the organic removal was occurred actively at the 1 st non-aeration period because of the active phosphorus release at this period. However, the variation of TOC removal according to the decrease of influent phosphorus concentration was not clearly shown both in SBR and SBBRs. In case of SBR losing EBPR capacity, the EBPR capacity was not recovered by the decrease of the influent phosphorus concentration from 7.5 mg/L to 0.9 mg/L. The nitrogen removal increased by the decrease of influent phosphorus concentration both in SBR and SBBRs.
- 박영식, 정노성, 김동석, 2007, A2O SBBR에서 비포기 시간 배분에 따른 질소-인 제거 특성 비교, 한국환경과학회지, 16(7), 813-821.
- Anh, Y. H., 2006, Sustainable nitrogen elimination biotechnologies: A review, Process Biochem., 41, 1709-1721. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procbio.2006.03.033
- APHA, AWWA, WEF, 1992, Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 20th ed.
- Brdjanovic, D., Slamet, A., van Loosdrecht, M. C. M., Hooijmans, C. M., Alaerts, G. J., Heihnen, J. J., 1997, Impact of excessive aeration on biological phosphorus removal from wastewater, Wat. Res., 32, 200-208. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(97)00183-8
- Carucci, A., Lindrea, K. C., Majone, M., Ramadori, R., 1999, Different mechanisms for the anaerobic storage of organic substrates and their effect on enhanced biological phosphate removal (EBPR), Wat. Sci. Technol., 39, 21-28.
- EPA, 1993, Process design manual of nitrogen control, EPA 625/r-93/010, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA.
- Fang, H. P. Zhang, H. T., Liu, Y., 2002, Characterization of an acetate-degrading sludge without intracellular accumulation of polyphosphate and glycogen, Wat. Res., 36(13), 3211-3218. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(02)00027-1
- Jeon, C. O., Lee, D. S., Lee, M. W., Park, J. M., 2001, Enhanced biological Phosphorus removal in an anaerobic-aerobic sequencing batch reactor, Wat. Environ. Res., 73, 301-306. https://doi.org/10.2175/106143001X139407
- Kim, D. S., Jung, N. S., Park, Y. S., 2008, Characteristics of nitrogen and phosphorus removal in SBR and SBBR with different ammonium loading rates, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 25(4), 793-800. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11814-008-0130-2
- Matsuo, Y., 1994, Effect of the anaerobic solids retention time on enhanced biological phosphorus removal, Wat. Sci., Technol., 30, 193-202.
- Mino, T., van Loosdrecht, M. C. M., Heijnen, J. J., 1998, Microbiology and biochemistry of the enhanced biological phosphate removal process Wat, Res, 32 (11), 3193-3127. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(98)00129-8
- Okunuki, S., Kawaharasaki, M., Tanaka, H., Kanagawa, T., 2004, Changes in phosphorus removing performance and bacterial community structure in an enhanced biological phosphorus removal reactor, Wat. Res., 38, 2433-2439. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2004.02.008
- Wang, J. K., 2001, Effect of anaerobic-aerobic contact time on the change of internal storage energy in two different phosphorus-accumulating organisms, Wat. Enciron. Res., 73, 436-443. https://doi.org/10.2175/106143001X139489
- White, D. M., Pilon, T. A., Woolard, C., 2000, Biological treatment of cyanide containing wastewater, Wat. Res., 34(7), 2105-2109. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(99)00362-0
- Zhang, Z., Zhou, J., Wang, J., Guo, H., 2006, Integration of nitrification and denitrifying dephosphatation in airlift loop sequencing batch biofilm reactor, Process Biochem., 41, 599-608. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procbio.2005.08.005