- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Vascular Plants in Mt. Munsu(Gyeonggi-do)
- Kim, Jung-Hyun (Division of Vascular Plants, National Institute of Biological Resources) ;
- Nam, Gi-Heum (Division of Vascular Plants, National Institute of Biological Resources) ;
- Yoon, Chang-Young (Department of Biotechnology, Shingyeong University) ;
- Lee, Byoung-Yoon (Division of Vascular Plants, National Institute of Biological Resources)
- Received : 2010.01.07
- Accepted : 2010.03.02
- Published : 2010.04.30
This study was carried out to investigate the vascular flora of Mt. Munsu. The vascular plants collected in 13 times(from Mar. to Oct. 2009) were identified as 511 taxa in total, including 113 families, 332 genera, 445 species, 5 subspecies, 46 varieties, 5 forms. Among them, 6 taxa of the Korea Forest Service-designated rare & endangered plants and the Korean endemic plants were identified as 2 taxa. Based on the list of approved for delivering overseas of plants, 6 taxa were recorded in the investigated area. The Ministry of Environment-designated plants, which should be protected by the wildlife protection law, were identified as 2 taxa and 39 taxa of specially designated plants by the Ministry of Environment. The naturalized plants were identified as 53 taxa, and their naturalization ratio and urban index were found to be 10,3%, and 18.5% respectively. There existed many kinds of plants resources having conservational value like Ranunculus trichophyllus var. kadzusensis, Jeffersonia dubia etc, in this area, but there remains a fear of nature destruction's acceleration due to indiscriminate human development and access of a lot of visitors, so it is judged that there should be a management plan, such as a limit on the number of visitors or rest-year-system for restoration of nature.
- Chung, T. H., 1956, Korean Flora, Vol. II. Herbaceous plants, Shinjisa, 1025.
- Chung, T. H., 1957, Korean Flora, Vol. I. Woody plants, Shinjisa, 507.
- Cronquist, A., 1981, An integrated system of classification of flowering plants, Columbia Univ., Press, New York, 1262.
- Eom, D. H., 2007, Morphological Characteristics of hills and Wetland in Gim-po Peninsula, M.S. Thesis, Korea National University of Education, 99.
- Flora of Korea Editorial Committee, 2007, The Genera of Vascular Plants of Korea, Academy Publ. Co, Seoul, 1482.
- Gimpo city, 2009, http://www.gimpo.go.kr/.
- Jang, C. G., Han, J. W., Yang, S. G., Choi, S. K., Jang, C. S., Park, J. M., Kang, S. H., Oh, B. U., 2007, The Flora of Vascular Plant of Mt. Munsu, J. Nat. Sci. Kongju, 14, 19-29.
- Kim, C. H., Han, M. K., 1998, The Flora of Mt. Mani, 2nd National Natural Environment Survey, Ministry of Environment, 47-68.
- Kim, C. H., Han, M. K., 1999, The Flora of Mt. Gyeyang, 2nd National Natural Environment Survey, Ministry of Environment, 20-38.
- Koh, K. S., Kang, I. G., Suh, M. H., Kim, J. H. Kim, K. D., Kil, J. H., Rhu, H. I., Kong, D. S., Lee, E. B., Chun, E. S., 1995, Survey for Ecological Impact by Naturalized Organism (I) -Naturalized Plants, National Institute of Enviromental Research, 1-74.
- Korea Fern Society, 2005, Ferns and Fern Allies of Korea, Geobook, Seoul, 399.
- Korea Forest Service, 1997, Illustrated rare and endangered species in Korea. Korea National Arboretum, Pocheon, 255.
- Korea Forest Service, 2008, Distribution Maps of Vascular Plants of Korean Peninsula, V. Central Province(Gyeonggi-do), 761.
- Korea Meteorological Administration, 2009,http://www.incheon.kma.go.kr/.
- Korea National Arboretum and The Plant Taxonomic Society of Korea, 2007, A Synonymic List of Vascular Plants in Korea, Korea National Arboretum, Pocheon, 534.
- Korea National Arboretum, 2004, Illustrated Grasses of Korea, Korea National Arboretum, 534.
- Lee, J. R., Kwon, S. G., 2005, The Flora of Ganghwa regions, 2nd National Natural Environment Survey, Ministry of Environment, 54-81.
- Lee, T. B., 1980, Illustrated Flora of Korea, Hyangmunsa, Seoul, 791.
- Lee, T. B., 2003, Coloured Flora of Korea, Vol. I,II. Hyangmunsa, Seoul, 914, 910.
- Lee, W. T., Yim, Y. J., 1978, Studies on the distribution of vascular plants in the Korean Peninsula, Korean J. Pl. Taxon., 8(Appendix), 1-33. https://doi.org/10.11110/kjpt.1978.8.1.001
- Lee, W. T., 1996, Standard Illustrations of Korean Plants, Academy Press, 1688.
- Lee, Y. N., 1996, Flora of Korea, Gyohaksa, Seoul, 1237.
- Lee, Y. N., 2006, New Flora of Korea, Vol. I,II. Gyohaksa, Seoul, 974, 885.
- Ministry of Environment, 2005a, Endemic species of Korea, Ministry of Environment, 325-417.
- Ministry of Environment, 2005b, The National Environ-ment Conservation Act.
- Ministry of Environment, 2006, A guide to the Third National Natural Environment Research, 114-155.
- Ministry of Environment, 2009, http://www.me.go.kr/.
- Ministry of Environment, 2009, http://www.me.go.kr/kor/info/info_10.jsp.
- Oh, Y. C., 2006, Illustrated Encyclopedia of Fauna & Flora of Korea, Vol. 41, Monocotyledoneae, Cyperaceae, Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development, 757.
- Park, S. H., 2009, New Illustrations and Photographs of Naturalized Plants of Korea, Ilchokak, Seoul, 575.
- Yim, Y. J., Jeon, E. S., 1980, Distribution of Naturalized Plants in the Korean Peninsula, Journal of Plant Biology, 23, 69-83.
- Yim, Y. J., 1977, Distribution of forest vegetation and climate in Korean peninsul, IV. Zonal distribution of forest vegetation in relation to thermal climate, Japanese. J. Ecol., 27, 269-278.
- Analysis on Characteristics of Distribution of Specific Plants in Juwangsan National Park, Korea vol.22, pp.7, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2013.22.7.873
- Flora of Mt. Goryeong and Gaemyeong (Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do) in DMZ Area of Korea vol.29, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2016.29.2.264