- Volume 18 Issue 1
Immunoregulatory Effects of Water Extracts of Inonotus obliquus in Carbon Tetrachloride-Induced Liver Damage Animal Model
사염화탄소로 유도된 간 손상 동물모델에서 차가버섯 열수 추출물이 면역 조절 기능에 미치는 영향
- An, Chi-Sun (College of Biomedical & Health Science, Department of Life Science, Konkuk University) ;
- Jin, Hai-Lan (College of Biomedical & Health Science, Department of Life Science, Konkuk University) ;
- Jeon, Yun-Hui (College of Biomedical & Health Science, Department of Life Science, Konkuk University) ;
- Bak, Jong-Phil (College of Biomedical & Health Science, Department of Life Science, Konkuk University) ;
- Kim, Jong-Dai (Medical & Bio-material Research Center, Kangwon University) ;
- Yoon, Jung-Han (Medical & Bio-material Research Center, Kangwon University) ;
- Lim, Beong-Ou (College of Biomedical & Health Science, Department of Life Science, Konkuk University)
- 안치선 (건국대학교 의료생명대학 생명과학부) ;
- 김해란 (건국대학교 의료생명대학 생명과학부) ;
- 전윤희 (건국대학교 의료생명대학 생명과학부) ;
- 박종필 (건국대학교 의료생명대학 생명과학부) ;
- 김종대 (강원대학교 의료.바이오신소재융복합연구사업단) ;
- 윤정한 (강원대학교 의료.바이오신소재융복합연구사업단) ;
- 임병우 (건국대학교 의료생명대학 생명과학부)
- Received : 2009.08.27
- Accepted : 2009.12.30
- Published : 2010.02.28
Inonotus obliquus is one of the immune-regulatory substances and is recognized to play the role in the metabolic process of inflammation, allergy and immuntiy. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of water extracts of Inonotus obliquus (IOW) on the liver lymphocyte immune function in the Sprague-Dawley male rats treated with carbon tetrachloride (
Supported by : 교육과학기술부, 한국산업기술재단
- Abbas AK, Murphy KM and Sher A. (1996). Functional diversity of helper T lymphocytes. Nature. 383:787-793. https://doi.org/10.1038/383787a0
- Agnello D, Lankford CS, Bream J, Morinobu A, Gadina M, O'shea JJ and Frucht DM. (2003). Cytokines and transcription factors that regulate T helper cell differentiation: new players and new insights. Journal of Clinical Immunology. 23:147-161. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1023381027062
- Ashburm LL, Endicott KM, Daft FS and Little RD. (1947). The nonportal distribution of trabecule in dietary cirvhosis of mouse and huinea pigs. American Journal of Pathology. 23:159.
- Burnette WN. (1981). "Western blotting": electrophoretic transfer of proteins from sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gels to unmodified nitrocellulose and radiographic detection with antibody and radioiodinated protein A. Analytical Biochemistry. 112:195-203. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-2697(81)90281-5
- Butler TC. (1990). Reduction of carbon tetrachloride in vivo and reduction of carbon tetrachloride and chloroform in vitro by tissue and tissues constituents. The Journal of Pharmacology and Expermental Therapeutics. 134:311-319.
- Cha JY, Jun BS, Park JW, Moon JC and Cho YS. (2004). Effect of fermented compositions containing Inonotus obliquus with Houttuynia cordata on growth of human AGS gastric and HCT-15 colon cancer cells. Journal of the Korean Society for Applied Biological Chemistry. 47:202-207.
- Cha JY, Jun BS, Yoo KS, Hahm JR and Cho YS. (2006). Fermented chaga mushroom (Inonotus obliquus) effects on hypolipidemia and hepato protection in the Otsuka Long-Evans Tokushima Fatty (OLETF) rats. Journal of Food Science and Biotechnology. 15:122 -127.
- Cho MH. (2004). The base of toxicology. Young Chi (ed). p.116-120.
- Escoubet-Lozach L, Glass C and Wasserman S. (2002). The role of transcription factors in allergic inflammation. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 110:553-564. https://doi.org/10.1067/mai.2002.128076
- Falcone M and Sarvetnick N. (1999). Cytokines that regulate auto-immune responses. Current Opinion in Immunology. 11:670-676. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0952-7915(99)00035-7
- Finotto S, Neurath MF, Glickman JN, Qin S, Lehr HA, Green FH, Ackerman K, Haley Kathleen, Galle PR, Szabo SJ, Drazen JM, Sanctis GT and Glimcher LH. (2002). Development of spontaneous airway changes consistent with human asthma in mice lacking T-bet. Science. 295:336-338. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1065544
- Ham SS, Oh SW, Kim YK, Shin KS, Chang KY and Chung GH. (2003). Antimutagenic and cytotoxic effects of ethanol extract from the Inonotus obliquus. Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition. 32:1088-1094. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.7.1088
- Kay AB. (1988). Leukocytes in asthma. Immunol Invest. 17:679-705. https://doi.org/10.3109/08820138809089018
- Kim HA, Kim EA, Park YC, Yu JY, Hong SK, Jeon SH, Park KL, Hur SJ and Heo Y. (2003). Immunotoxicological effects of agent orenge exposure to the Vietnam War Korean veterans. Industrial Health. 41:158-166. https://doi.org/10.2486/indhealth.41.158
- Kim SW. (1998). Studies on anti-microbial and anti-cancer function of polysaccharide extracted Ganoderma lucidum. Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition. 27:1183-1188.
- Larche M, Robinson DS and Kay AB. (2003). The role of T lympho-cytes in the pathogenesis of asthma. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 111:450-463. https://doi.org/10.1067/mai.2003.169
- Lee KW, Nam BH, Jo WS, Oh SJ, Kang EY, Choi YJ, Lee JY, Cheon SC, Jeong MH and Lee JD. (2006). Collection, classification and hepatic effect of native Cordyceps militaris. Korean Journal of Mycology. 34:7-13. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2006.34.1.007
- Lee IS and Nishikawa A. (2003). Polyzellus multiplex, a Korean wild mushroom, as a potent chemopreventive agent against stomach cancer. Life Sciences. 73:3225-3234. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lfs.2003.06.006
- Lee SE, Park CG, Ahn YS, Son YD, Cha SW and Seong NS. (2009). Antioxidative and hepatoprotective effects of Lythrum salicaria. Korean Journal of Medicinal Crop Science. 17:1-7.
- Lieber CS. (1994). Alcohol and the liver. Gastroenterology. 106:1085-1105. https://doi.org/10.1016/0016-5085(94)90772-2
- Lim BO, Choue RW, Lee HY, Seong NK and Kim JD. (2003). Effect of the flavonoid components obtained from Scutellaria Radix on the histamine, immunoglobulin E and lipid peroxidation of spleen lymphocytes of Sprague-dawley rats. Bioscience Biotechnology and Biochemistry. 67:1126-1129. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb.67.1126
- Lim BO, Park PJ, Choi WS and Kim JD. (2008). Scutellaria baicalensis modulates cytokine production, T cell population and immunoglobulin level by mesenteric lymph node lymphocytes in experimental mice with colitis. Korean Journal of Medicinal Crop Science. 16:100-105.
- McCartney-Francis N, Allen JB, Mizel DE, Albina JE, Xie QW, Nathan CF and Wahl SM. (1993). Suppression of arthritis by an inhibitor of nitric oxide synthase. Journal of Experimental Medicine. 178:749-754. https://doi.org/10.1084/jem.178.2.749
- McCay PB, Lai EK, Poyer JL, Dubose CM and Janzen EG. (1984). Oxygen and carbon-centered free radical formation during carbon tetrachloride metabolism. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 259:2135-2143.
- Mizuno T, Zhuang C, Abe K, Okamoto H, Kiho T, Ukai S, Leclerc S and Meijer L. (1999). Antitumor and hypohlycemic activities of polysaccharides from the sclerotia and mycelia of Inonotus obliquus (Pers.: Fe.) Pll. (Aphyllophoromycetideae). International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms. 1:301-316. https://doi.org/10.1615/IntJMedMushr.v1.i4.20
- Moncada S, Palmer RM and Higgs EA. (1991). Nitric oxide: physiology, pathophysiology, and pharmacology. Pharmacological Reviews. 43:109-142.
- Na JC and Seo HG. (1992). Effect of 12 weeks combined running and muscular resistance eExercise on physical fitness in obese female. Korean Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance. 40:440-447.
- Nathan C. (1992). Nitric oxide as a secretory product of mammalian cells. The Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology. 6:3051-3064. https://doi.org/10.1096/fasebj.6.12.1381691
- Ng ML and Yap AT. (2002). Inhibition of human colon carcinoma development by lentinan from shiitake mushroom (Lentinus edodes). Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 8:581-589. https://doi.org/10.1089/107555302320825093
- Stuehr DJ, Cho HJ, Kwon NS, Weise MF and Nathan CF. (1991). Purification and characterization of the cytokine-induced macrophage nitric oxide synthase: an FAD- and FMNcontaining flavoprotein. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 88:7773-7777. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.88.17.7773
- Tharp GD and Barnes MW. (1990). Reduction of saliva immunoglobulin levels by swim training. European Journal of Applied Physiology and Occupational Physiology. 60:61-64. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00572187
- Weisz A, Cicatiello L and Esumi H. (1996). Regulation of the mouse inducible-type nitric oxide synthase gene promoter by interferon-γ, bacterial lipopolysaccharide and NG-monomethyl- L-arginine. Biochemical Journal. 316:209-215. https://doi.org/10.1042/bj3160209
- Wood P. (2001). Understanding immunology. Prentice Hall, Harlow, England. p.22-24.
- Zhang DH, Yang L, Cohn L, Parkyn L, Homer R, Ray P and Ray A. (1999). Inhibition of allergic inflammation in a murine model of asthma by expression of a dominant-negative mutant of GATA-3. Immunity. 11:473-482. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1074-7613(00)80122-3