- Volume 43 Issue 5
Effect of Annual and Basal Dressing with Liquid Pig Manure on Growth and Quality of Rice in Double Cropping System of Rice-Malting Barley
벼.맥주보리 작부체계에서 돈분액비 연용이 벼 생육과 미질에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2010.09.28
- Accepted : 2010.10.06
- Published : 2010.10.30
In order to investigate the effects of continual pre-plant application of liquid pig manure (LPM) on growth and quality of rice in double cropping system of rice and malting barley, the liquid pig manure was applied after harvesting rice and malting barley for 3 years. Field experiment was designed with non-fertilizer, chemical fertilizer (CF) 100% recommended by soil testing, rice (LPM 50%+CF 50%)+malting barley (CF 100%), rice (LPM 50%+CF 50%)+malting barley (LPM 50%+CF 50%), rice (LPM 100%)+malting barley (CF 100%) and rice (LPM 100%)+malting barley (LPM 100%). The yield of rice was increased by 13% with increasing culm length and No. of panicle per hill as 482 kg
Liquid pig manure;Rice;Malting barley;Cropping system;Rice quality
- Chang, K.W., J.H. Hong, J.E. Lee, and J.J. Lee. 2006. Effect of granular silicate fertilizer application on the rice growth and quality. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 39:151-156.
- Choi, H.C. 2002. Current status and perspectives in varietal improvement of rice cultivars for high quality and value-added products. Korean J. Crop Sci. 47(s):15-32.
- Jeon, W.T., H.M. Park, C.Y. Park, K.D. Park, Y.S. Cho, E.S. Yun, and U.G. Kang. 2003. Effect of liquid pig manure application on rice growth and environment of paddy soil. Korean J. Soc. Soil Sci. Fert. 36:333-343.
- Juliano. B.O. 1971. Simplified assay for milled -rice amylose. Cereal Science. Today 16. 10. 334.
- Kang, B.G., H.J. Kim, G.J. Lee, and S.G. Park. 2004. Determination of the optimum application rate of pig slurry for red pepper cultivation. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 37:388-395.
- Kim, J.K., M.H. Lee, and Y.H. Kim. 1993. Lodging pattern of rice plant in broadcast-seeded and hand transplanted cultivation. Korean J. Crop Sci. 38:219-227.
- Kwon, Y.R., J. Kim, B.K. Ahn, and S.B. Lee. 2010. Effect of liquid pig manure and synthetic fertilizer on rice growth, yield and quality. Korean J. Environ. Agric. 29:54-60. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2010.29.1.054
- Lee, G.K. and J.S. Kim. 1999. Treating swine wastewater by anaerobic bioreactors. Korean J. Environ. Agric. 18:54-60.
- Lee, J.T., C.J. Lee, and H.D. Kim. 2004. Utilization of liquid pig manure as a substitute for chemical fertilizer in double cropping system of rice followed by onion. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 37:149-155.
- Lee, J.T., Y.K. Nam, and J.I. Lee. 2001. Changes of physio-chemical properties and microflora of pig manure due to composting with some bulking agents. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 34:134-144.
- Lee, S.T., D.C. Seo, E.S. Kim, W.D. Song, W.G Lee, J.S. Heo, and Y.H. Lee. 2010. Effect of Continual Application of Liquid Pig Manure on Malting Barley Growth and Soil Environment in Double Cropping System of Rice- Malting Barley. Korean J. Soc. Soil Sci. Fert. 43:341-348.
- Lim, T.J., I.B. Lee, S.B. Kang, J.M. Park, and S.D. Hong. 2009. Effect of continual pre-plant application of pig slurry on soil mineral nutrients and yield of chinese cabbage. Korean J. Environ. Agric. 28:227-232. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2009.28.3.227
- NIAST. 2000. Methods of soil and plant analysis, National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- Park, B.K., J.S. Lee, N.J. Cho, and K.Y. Jung. 2001. Effect of liquid pig manure on growth of rice and infiltration water quality. Korean J. Soc. Soil Sci. Fert. 34:153-157.
- Peter, S. and M. Amoto. 2002 Remineralization and residual effects of NB after application of pig slurry to soil . Eur. J. Agron. 16:81-95. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1161-0301(01)00119-8
- RDA (Rural Development Administration). 2002. Guidelines for applying liquid livestock manure. Rural Development Administration. Suwon, Korea.
- RDA (Rural Development Administration). 2003. Standard of analysis and survey for agricultural research. Rural Development Administration. Suwon, Korea.
- Seo, Y.J., M.S. Huh, C.B. Kim, D.H. Lee, J. Choi, and C.Y. Kim. 2001. Characterization of rice lodging by factor analysis. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 34:173-177.
- Sweeten, J.M. 1988. Composting manure sludge. p.38-44. In National poultry waste management symp., Columbus, OH. Dep. of Poultry Sci., Ohio State Univ., Columbus.
- Yang, C.H., S.B. Lee, T.K. Kim, J.H. Ryu, C.H. Yoo, J.J. Lee, J.D. Kim, and K.Y. Jung. 2008. The effect of tillage methods after application of liquid pig manure on silage barley growth and soil environment in paddy soil. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 41:285-291.
- Park, J.S., W.W. Lee, Y.C. Ju, and Y.H. Kim. 2002. Field lodging degree of rice varieties according to nitrogen application rate. Korean J. Crop Sci. 47:226-235.
Supported by : 한국연구재단