- Volume 23 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study of the Slim Design of Overhead Transmission Tower
가공송전철탑 경량화 설계에 관한 연구
- Lee, Jung-Won (Transmission and Distribution, Korea Electric Power Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Won-Kyo (Transmission and Distribution, Korea Electric Power Research Institute)
- Received : 2010.05.24
- Accepted : 2010.06.23
- Published : 2010.07.01
This paper presents the design factor of an overhead transmission tower structure in order to reduce the tower weight. The behaviour of transmission tower structures are affected by the horizontal angle of the tower structure, the equivalent wind pressure group, the slope of the main post of the tower, the separation of the internode and the use of high-strength materials in their construction. Tower weight can be reduced by approximately 30% reduce weight by means of optimal design based on a consideration of all the above factors. In addition, the design of the foundation of the tower with the shear key installation to increase horizontal support together with a modified angle of inclination to the ground can reduce by about 37% the amount of concrete used during construction. The area of ground disturbed by the construction of the tower foundation can thus be reduced by approximately 33%. Therefore it is possible to build an environmently-friendly T/L tower with the mechanical properties of existing towers.
- W.-K. Lee, J. KIEEME 22, 870 (2009).
- Korea Electric Power Corporation, Design Standard of Tower for Overhead Transmission Line DS-1111, (2008).
- J. W. Jang, J. Kor. Soc. Steel Constr. 19, 367 (2007).
- H.-J. Jung, D.-S. Shin, B.-W. Moon, J.-H. Park, S.-K. Lee, and K.-W. Min, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Kor. 19, 369 (2006).
- W. B. Kim, J. Kor. Soc. Steel Constr. 9, 47 (1997).
- Korea Electric Power Corporation, Design Standard of Tower for Overhead Transmission Line DS-1110, (2008).