- Volume 23 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Frequency Spectrum Analysis of Series Arc and Corona Discharges
직렬 아크 및 코로나 방전의 주파수 스펙트럼 분석
- Kil, Gyung-Suk (Division of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Korea Maritime University) ;
- Jung, Kwang-Seok (Division of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Korea Maritime University) ;
- Park, Dae-Won (Division of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Korea Maritime University) ;
- Kim, Sun-Jae (Division of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Korea Maritime University) ;
- Han, Ju-Seop (Research Institute of Industrial Technology, Korea Maritime University)
- 길경석 (한국해양대학교 전기전자공학부) ;
- 정광석 (한국해양대학교 전기전자공학부) ;
- 박대원 (한국해양대학교 전기전자공학부) ;
- 김선재 (한국해양대학교 전기전자공학부) ;
- 한주섭 (한국해양대학교 산업기술연구소)
- Received : 2010.05.18
- Accepted : 2010.06.22
- Published : 2010.07.01
In this paper, we analyzed the frequency spectrum of radiated electromagnetic pulses generated by series arc- and corona- discharges as a basic study to develop an on-line diagnostic technique for power facilities installed inside closed-switchboards. To simulate series arc and corona discharges, five types of electrode system which consists of needle and plane electrodes were arranged. The experiment was carried out in an electromagnetic shielding room, and the measurement system consists of an ultra log antenna and an EMI receiver. From the experimental results, the frequency spectrum exists in ranges from 30 MHz to 2 GHz for a series arc discharge and 30 MHz to 1.2 GHz depending on defects for a corona discharge. The peak frequency of the series arc- and corona- discharges were 100 MHz to 160 MHz and 40 MHz to 80 MHz, respectively.
Supported by : 교육과학기술부, 한국산업기술진흥원
- S. Tenbohlen, D. Uhde, and J. Poittevin, CIGRE Session 2000 (CIGRE, Paris, 2000) Paper 12-204.
- P. Agoris, P. Cichecki, S. Meijer, E. Gulski, and J. J. Smit, Proc. 15th Int. Symp. High Volt. Eng. (ISH, Ljubljana, Slovenia, 2007) Paper T7-737.
- T. Leibfried and K. Feser, IEEE Int. Symp. Electr. Insul. (IEEE, Montreal, 1996) p. 34.
- A. Denat, IEEE Intern. Conf. Dielectr. Liquids(ICDL), (IEEE Coimbra, Portugal, 2005) p. 57.
- R. Tobazeon, IEEE Trans. Dielectr. Electr. Insul. 1, 1132 (1994). https://doi.org/10.1109/94.368650
- L. A. Dissado and J. C. Forthergill, Electrical Degradation and Breakdown in Polymers (Redwood Press, Wiltshire, UK, 1992) p. 242.
- J. C. Fothergill, L. A. Dissado, and P. J. J. Sweeney, IEEE Trans. Dielectr. Electr. Insul. 1, 474 (1994). https://doi.org/10.1109/94.300291
- L. A. Dissado, S. J. Dodd, J. V. Champion, P. I. Williams, and J. M. Alison, IEEE Trans. Dielectr. Electr. Insul. 4, 259 (1997). https://doi.org/10.1109/94.598282
- F. H. Kreuger, Partial Discharge Detection in High-Voltage Equipment (Butterworth & Co Ltd, London, 1989) p. 1.
- Standards Coordinating Committee 10 (Terms and Definitions) Jane Radatz (Chair), The IEEE Standard Dictionary of Electrical and Electronics Terms (IEEE Publishing, 1996) IEEE Std 100-1996.
- W.-J. Li and Y.-C. Li, Proc. 2005 4th Int. Conf. Mach. Learn. Cybern. 3, 1783 (2005).
- I.-K. Kim, D.-W. Park, S.-Y. Choi, C.-Y. Park, H.-K. Kim, and G.-S. Kil, J. KIEEME 21, 182 (2008).
- S.-J. Kim, K.-S. Jung, D.-W. Park, and G.-S. Kil, Proc. 2010 Spring Conf. KIEEME (Kor. Inst. Elec. Electr. Mater. Eng., Changwon, Korea, 2010) p. 24.
- Highly Sensitive Partial Discharge Sensor with Remote Monitoring Capabilities vol.10, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2015.10.3.349