- Volume 23 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study of the Thermal Characteristics of a Photovoltaic Device with Surface Texturization
표면 Texturization을 가진 Photovoltaic Device 내부의 열 분포 특성에 관한 연구
- Jung, Ji-Chul (Department of Electronic Materials Engineering, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Moon, Kyoung-Sook (Department of Mathematics and Information, Kyungwon University) ;
- Koo, Sang-Mo (Department of Electronic Materials Engineering, Kwangwoon University)
- Received : 2010.04.16
- Accepted : 2010.06.21
- Published : 2010.07.01
The thermal distribution of 2D and 3D p-n photovoltaic diode structures with and without surface texturing has been studied. By analysis of the numerical simulation results of the I-V characteristics and lattice temperature distributions the effect of different texturing structures on the characteristics of silicon p-n photovoltaic devices has been studied systematically. The efficiency of the device having surface texturing shows more than ~2% enhancement compared to the reference devices which did not have texturing. In addition, the effect of the density of the texturing groove has been studied and it has been confirmed that the texturing structure not only improves the light trapping but also plays an important role in the heat radiation.
Supported by : 경원대학교
- B. Terheiden, P. Fath, and E. Bucher, 28th IEEE PVSC (Anchorage, Alaska, 2000) p. 399.
- S. Koynov, M. S. Brandt, and M. Stutzmann, Appl. Phys. Lett. 88, 203107(1) (2006). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2204573