- Volume 25 Issue 2
RBSN Analysis Model of Asphalt Pavement Retrofitted with Civil Fiber
토목섬유로 보강된 아스팔트 포장의 RBSN 해석 모델
- Han, Sang-Hoon (Department of Civil Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kwak, So-Shin (Department of Civil Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kwon, Yong-Kil (Korea Institute of Water and Environment) ;
- Hong, Ki-Nam (Department of Civil Engineering, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2010.02.10
- Accepted : 2010.04.07
- Published : 2010.04.30
This paper presents a simple and efficient two-dimensional rigid-body-spring network model able to accurately estimate the fractural behavior of civil fiber reinforced pavements. The proposed rigid-body-spring network model, denoted as RBSN model, considers civil fiber reinforcing materials using the beam elements and link spring elements. The RBSN method is able to model collapse due to asphalt crushing and civil fiber slip. The RBSN model is used to predict the applied load-midspan deflection response of civil fiber retrofitted asphalt specimen subjected to the three-point bending. Numerical simulations and experimental measurements are compared to based on tests available in the literature. The numerically simulated responses agree significantly with the corresponding experimental results until the maximum load. However, It should be mentioned that, in order to more accurately predict the postpeak flexural behavior of the civil fiber retrofitted asphalt pavement, development of the advanced model to simulate the slip relationship between civil fiber and asphalt is required.
Supported by : 충북대학교
- Predoehl, N.H. 1988 Report of Construction Evaluated Research Project Featuring Pavement Fabric Reinforcing Interlayers in AC Overlays of Distressed Flexible Pavements, California Department of Transportation, Office of Transportation Laboratory, 1989, May.
- 김진환, "유리섬유 보강재를 이용한 아스팔트 포장의 균열 저항에 관한 연구", 경희대학교 석사학위 논문, 2002.
- Komatsu, T., Kikuta, H., Tuji Y. and Muramatsu, E., "Durability assessment of geogrid-reinforced asphalt concrete", Geotextiles and Geomembranes, Vol. 16, pp. 257-271, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0266-1144(97)10011-5
- Lytton, R.L., "Use of Geotextiles for Reinforced and Strain Relief in Asphalt Concrete", Geotextile and Geomembranes, Vol. 8, pp. 217-237, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1016/0266-1144(89)90004-6
- 양승철, 안태봉, 조삼덕, "섬유보강 아스팔트 포장층의 균열거동 분석", 대한토목학회 논문집, Vol. 22, No. 2-D, pp. 237-248, 2002.
- Bolander JE, Saito S. "Fracture analysis using spring networks with random geometry", Engng Fract Mech Vol. 61, pp. 569-591, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0013-7944(98)00069-1
- Bolander JE, Moriizumi K, Kunieda M, Yip M., "Rigid-bodyspring network modeling of cement based composites", In: de Borst R, Mazars J, Pijaudier- Cabot G, van Mier JGM, editors. Fracture Mechanics of Concrete Structures. Lisse, The Netherlands: AA Balkema Publishers, pp. 773-780, 2001.
- Bolander JE, "Simulation of shrinkage induced cracking in cement composite overlays", Cement Concrete Res, Vol. 26, pp. 861-871, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconcomp.2003.04.001
- Bolander JE, Hong GS, "Rigid-body-spring network modeling of prestressed concrete members", ACI Struct J., Vol. 99, No. 5, pp. 595-604, 2002.
- Kawai T., "New discrete models and their application to seismic response analysis of structures", Nucl Engng Des, Vol. 48, pp. 207-229, 1978. https://doi.org/10.1016/0029-5493(78)90217-0
- Saito, S., Fracture Analyses of Structural Concrete using Spring Network with Random Geometry, Doctoral Thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, Kyushu University, 1999.
- Bazant ZP, Oh BH., "Crack band theory for fracture of concrete", Mater Struct, Vol. 16, pp. 155-176, 1983.
- Shima, H. and Okamura, H., "Bond-Slip-Strain Relation ship of Deformed Bars Embedded in Massive Concrete," Proceeding of the Japan Society of Civil Engineers, JSCE, No. 378, Vol. 6, pp. 165-174, 1987.
- (주)에스엔건설, 김남호, 한상훈, "카보팔트 또는 글래스팔트를 이용한 포장 균열저항성 증진용 가열압착식 아스팔트 포장 보강공법", 건설신기술 제 501호 보고서, 2006.