- Volume 19 Issue 4
The importance of communities of practice(CoP) as an organizational informal unit for fostering knowledge transfer and sharing gains a lot of attention from KM researchers and practitioners. Since most of CoPs are formulated online these days, the credibility or trustworthiness of knowledge contents circulated within a certain CoP should be considered thoroughly for them to be fully utilized safely. Here comes the need for an appropriate trust measuring methodology to determine the true value of knowledge given by unknown people through an online channel. In this paper, an improved trust measuring method is proposed using new trust variables such as level of degrees derived from the relationships among community users. In addition, activeness, relevance, and usefulness of the knowledge contents themselves, which are calculated automatically using a text categorization technique, are also used for trust measurement. The proposed framework incorporates fuzzy set and calculation concepts to help build trust matrices and models, which are used to measure the level of trust involved in specific knowledge artifacts concerned.
CoP;Knowledge Management System;Trust Measure
- 김영기, "온라인 정보원의 유형별 신뢰지수 및 신뢰성 평가요인," 정보관리학회지, 제27권, 제1호, 2010, pp. 7-24. https://doi.org/10.3743/KOSIM.2010.27.1.007
- 백윤정, 김은실, "실행공동체(CoP)내 지식공유의 영향요인: 구조적 특성과 관계적 특성의 조절효과를 중심으로," 지식경영연구, 제9권, 제2호, 2008, pp. 63-86.
- 변증남, 퍼지논리 제어, 홍릉과학출판사, 1997.
- 오재인, "지식이전에 대한 지식경영 요인의 영향 분석," 정보시스템연구, 제15권, 제1호, 2006, pp. 191-213.
- 이영찬, "사회적 자본, 지식경영, 그리고 조직성과 간의 인과관계," 정보시스템연구, 제16권, 제4호, 2007, pp. 223-241.
- 장정주, 고일상, "업무 - KMS 적합이 KMS 성과에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구," 정보시스템연구, 제16권, 제1호, 2007, pp. 179-200.
- 정대율, 서정선, "공공기관의 지식관리시스템 수용모형에 관한 실증적 연구," 정보시스템연구, 제13권, 제2호, 2004, pp. 23-48.
- 채석, 오영석, 퍼지이론과 제어, 청문각, 1995.
- 최미나, 인적자원개발부서 주도의 실행공동체(CoP) 창출 및 활성화 과정에 대한 사례 연구, 한양대학교 박사학위논문, 2003.
- 최인명, 전수환, 김영걸, "기업 실행공동체(Communities of Practice) 성과측정체계의 탐색적 분석," 지식경영연구, 제8권, 제2호, 2007, pp. 17-30.
- Alavi, M. and Leidner, D. E., "Review: Knowledge Management and Knowledge Management Systems: Conceptual Foundations and Research Issues," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 25, No. 1, 2001, pp. 107-136. https://doi.org/10.2307/3250961
- Ba, S., "Establishing Online Trust through a Community Responsibility System," Decision Support Systems, Vol. 31, No. 3, 2001, pp. 323-336. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-9236(00)00144-5
- Baeza-Yates, R. and Riberio-Neto, B., Modern Information Retrieval, ACM Press, New York, NY, 1999.
- Barabasi, A. L., Linked: The New Science of Networks, Perseus Publishing, Cambridge, MA, 2002.
- Bharadwaj, K. and Al-Shamri, Y., "Fuzzy Computational Models for Trust and Reputation Systems," Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, Vol. 8, No. 1, 2009, pp. 37-47. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.elerap.2008.08.001
- Desouza, K. C., "Barriers to Effective Use of Knowledge Management Systems in Software Engineering," Communications of the ACM, Vol. 46, No. 1, 2003, pp. 99-101.
- Doney, P. and Cannon, J., "An Examination of the Nature of Trust in Buyer-Seller Relationships," Journal of Marketing, Vol. 61, No. 2, 1997, pp. 35-51. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251829
- Driscoll, M. P., Psychology of Learning for Instruction(2nd ed.), Allyn and Bacon, 2000.
- Hoffman, D., Novak, T. and Peralta, M., "Building Customer Trust Online," Communications of the ACM, Vol. 42, No. 4, 1999, pp. 80-85.
- Igbaria, M. and Tan, M., "The Consequences of Information Technology Acceptance on Subsequent Individual Performance," Information & Management, Vol. 32, No. 3, 1997, pp. 113-121. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7206(97)00006-2
- Johnson, C. M., "A Survey of Current Research on Online Communities of Practice," The Internet and Higher Education, Vol. 4, No. 1, 2001, pp. 45-60. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1096-7516(01)00047-1
- Bharadwaj, K.K. and Al-Shamri, M.Y.H., "Fuzzy Computational Models for Trust and Reputation Systems," Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, Vol. 8, No. 1, 2009, pp. 37-47. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.elerap.2008.08.001
- Kent, S., "Internet Privacy Enhanced Mail," Communications of the ACM, Vol. 36, No. 8, 1993, pp. 48-60.
- Kim, E. and Lee, J., "An Exploratory Contingency Model of User Participation and MIS Use," Information & Management, Vol. 11, No. 2, 1986, pp. 87-97. https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-7206(86)90038-8
- Klang, M., "Who Do You Trust? Beyond Encryption, Secure e-Business," Decision Support Systems, Vol. 31, No. 3, 2001, pp. 293-301. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-9236(00)00140-8
- Kosmidis, K. and Bunde, A., "Propagation of Confidential Information on Scale-free Networks," Physica A, Vol. 376, 2007, pp. 699-707. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physa.2006.10.035
- Kramer, R. M., Social Uncertainty and Collective Paranoia in Knowledge Communities: Thinking and Acting in the Shadow of Doubt, in L. L. Thompson, J. M. Levine and D. M. Messick(eds.), Shared Cognition in Organizations, The Management of Knowledge, 1999.
- Lee, D. L., Chuang, H. and Seamons, K., "Document Ranking and the Vector-Space Model," IEEE Software, Vol. 14, No. 2, 1997, pp. 67-75.
- Li, Y. and Chen, C., "A Synthetical Approach for Blog Recommendation: Combining Trust, Social Relation, and Semantic Analysis," Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 36, No. 3, 2009, pp. 6536-6547. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2008.07.077
- Li, Y.M. and Kao, C.P., "TREPPS: A Trust-based Recommender System for Peer Production Services," Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 36, No. 2, 2009, pp. 3263-3277. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2008.01.078
- Manchala, D., "E-Commerce Trust Metrics and Models," IEEE Internet Computing, Vol. 4, No. 2, 2000, pp. 36-44.
- Maurer, U., "Modeling a Public-Key Infrastructure," Proceedings of the 1996 European Symposium on Research in Computer Security, 1996.
- Mayer, R., Davis, J. and Schoorman, F., "An Integrative Model of Organizational Trust," Academy of Management Review, Vol. 20, No. 3, 1995, pp. 709-734.
- McCallum, A. K., Bow: A Toolkit for Statistical Language Modeling, Text Retrieval, Classification and Clustering, http://www.cs.cmu.edu/-mccallum/bow, 1996.
- O'Dell, C. and Grayson, C. J., "If Only We Knew What We Know: Identification and Transfer of Internal Best Practices," California Management Review, Vol. 40, No. 3, 1998, pp. 154-174. https://doi.org/10.2307/41165948
- Pan, S. L. and Leidner, D. E., "Bridging Communities of Practice with Information Technology in Pursuit of Global Knowledge Sharing," Strategic Information Systems, Vol. 12, No. 1, 2003, pp. 71-88. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0963-8687(02)00023-9
- Rus, I. and Lindvall, M., "Knowledge Management in Software Engineering," IEEE Software, Vol. 19, No. 3, 2002, pp. 26-38.
- Salton, G. and Lesk, M. E., "Computer Evaluation of Indexing and Text Processing," Journal of the ACM, Vol. 15, No. 1, 1968, pp. 8-36. https://doi.org/10.1145/321439.321441
- Salton, G. and Yang, C. S., "On the Specification of Term Values in Automatic Indexing," Journal of Documentation, Vol. 29, 1973, pp. 351-372. https://doi.org/10.1108/eb026562
- Szulanski, G., "Exploring Internal Stickiness: Impediments to the Transfer of Best Practice Within the Firm," Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 17, No. 2, 1996, pp. 27-43. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.4250171105
- Wenger, E., McDermott, R. and Snyder, W. M., Cultivating Communities of Practice, Harvard Business School Press, Boston, MA, 2002.
- Yahalom, R. and Klein, B., "Trust Relationships in Secure Systems - A Distributed Authentication Perspective," Proceedings of the 4th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, 1997.
- Zadeh, L., "Outline of a New Approach to the Analysis of Complex Systems and Decision Processes," IEEE Transactions on Systems Management and Cybernetics, Vol. SMC-3, No. 1, 1973, pp. 28-44. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMC.1973.5408575
Supported by : 계명대학교