- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Development of Service Systems Model from Business Model Approach
비즈니스 모델을 기반으로 서비스 시스템 모델 개발에 관한 연구
- Received : 2010.08.06
- Accepted : 2010.09.06
- Published : 2010.12.30
Over the past three decades, services have become the largest part of most industrialized nations' economies but it is the least-studied part of the economy. One approach is to develop a general theory of service with well-defined questions, tools, methods, and practical implications of society. The purpose of this study was to propose a service systems model to systematically approach a service research. For this purpose, we conducted literature review about business model and extant service systems researches. Based on a literature review, we propose a service systems model that comprises value proposition, participants, shared information/knowledge, organizational capability, value network, and technology. Implications for practice and recommendations for additional research were discussed.
Business Model;Service Systems;Service Innovation;Service Science
- 강병영, 박진용, 홍한국, "컨버전스 제품 핵심성공요인과 전략," 정보시스템연구, Vol.17, No.1, 2008, pp. 45-62.
- 강주영, 강민철, "융복합 산업의 이해와 IT 활용을 통한 융복합 산업 촉진방안에 관한 연구," 정보시스템연구, Vol.18, No.1, 2009, pp. 47-76.
- 남기찬, 김용진, 남정태, 배영우, 변희선, 이남희, "서비스사이언스: 이론적 고찰과 분석 프레임워크 개발," Information Systems Review, Vol. 10, No. 1, 2008, pp. 213-235.
- 윤종수, 윤종욱, 김유정, 박승봉, "기업의 내부능력에 대한 정보시스템 지원과 기업성과간의 관련성 연구," 정보시스템연구, Vol.15, No.3, 2006, pp. 55-85.
- Alter, S. "Service System Fundamentals: Work System, Value Chain, and Life Cycle," IBM Systems Journal, Vol.47, No.1, 2008, pp. 71-85. https://doi.org/10.1147/sj.471.0071
- Allee, V. "Reconfiguring the Value Network," Journal of Business Strategy, Vol.21, No.4, July-Aug 2000, pp. 36-41.
- Ballantyne, D., Varey, R. J., Frow, P., and Payne, A. "Service-dominant Logic and Value Propositions: Re-examining Our mental Models," 2008 2nd Otago Forum, 2008, pp. 42-60.
- Banies, T. S., Lightfoot, H. W., Evans, S., Neely, A., Greenough, R., Peppard, J., Roy, R., Shehab, E., Braganza, A., Tiwari, A., Alcock, J. R., Angus, J. P., Bastl, M., Cousens, A., Irving, P., Johnson, M., Kingston, J., Lockett, H., Martinesz, V., Michele, P., Tranfield, D., Walton, I. M., and Wilson, H. "State-of-the-art in Production-Service Systems," Journal of Engineering Manufacture, Vol. 221, 2007, pp. 1543-1552. https://doi.org/10.1243/09544054JEM858
- Basole, R. C., and Rouse, W. B. "Complexity of Service Value Networks: Conceptualization and Empirical Investigation," IBM Systems Journal, Vol. 47, No. 1, 2008, pp. 53-70. https://doi.org/10.1147/sj.471.0053
- Berry, L. L. Discovering The Soul of Service, Free Press, 1999.
- Bettis, R. A., and Prahalad, C. K. "The Dominant Logic: Retrospective and Extension," Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 16, 1995, pp. 5-14. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.4250160104
- Bitner, M. J., and Brown, S. W. "The Service Imperative," Business Horizons, Vol. 51, 2008, pp. 39-46. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2007.09.003
- Byrd, T. A., and Turner, D. E. "Measuring the Flexibility of Information Technology Infrastructure: Exploratory Analysis of a Construct," Journal of MIS, Vol. 17, No. 1, 2000, pp. 167-208.
- Casadesus-Masanell, R., and Ricart, J. E. "From Strategy to Business Models and onto Tactics," Long Range Planning, 2010, in press. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lrp.2010.01.004
- Chesbrough, H. W. Open Innovation: The New Imperative for Creating and Profiting from Technology, Boston, Massachusetts, Harvard Business School Press, 2003.
- Chesbrough, H., and Rosenbloom, R. S. "The Role of the Business Model in Capturing Value from Innovation: Evidence from Xerox Corporation's Technology Spin-off Companies," Industrial and Corporate Change, Vol.11, No.3, 2002, pp. 529-555. https://doi.org/10.1093/icc/11.3.529
- Cova, B., and Salle, R. "Marketing Solutions in Accordance with the S-D Logic: Co-creating value with customer network actors," Industrial Marketing Management, Vol. 37, 2008, pp. 270-277. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2007.07.005
- Drucker, P. The Practice of Management, Harper and Row Publishers, New York, 1954.
- Forfas, Services Innovation in Ireland: Options for Innovation Policy, September 2006.
- Hansen, M. T., and von Oetinger, B. "Introducing T-shaped Managers: Knowledge Management's Next Generation," Harvard Business Review, March 2001, pp. 107-116.
- Hara, R. "Management Facilitating Net-Based Value Co-Creation," NRI Papers, No.120, 2007.
- Harris, P. "Help Wanted: 'T-Shaped' Skills to Meet 21st Century Needs," T+D, September 2009, pp. 43-47.
- Hedman, J., and Kalling, T. "The Business Model Concept: Theoretical Underpinnings and Empirical Illustration," European Journal of Information Systems, Vol.12, 2003, pp. 49-59. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.ejis.3000446
- Hidaka, K. "Trends in Service Sciences in Japan and Abroad," Quarterly Review, Vol.19, April 2006, pp. 35-47.
- Howells, J. "Innovation, Consumption and Services: Encapsulation and the Combinatorial Role of Services," Service Industries Journal, Vol. 24, No. 1, January 2004, pp. 19-36.
- IfM and IBM. Succeeding through service innovation: A service perspective for education, research, business and government. Cambridge, United Kingdom: University of Cambridge Institute for Manufacturing, 2008.
- Janner, T., Schroth, C., and Schmid, B. "Modeling Service Systems for Collaborative Innovation in the Enterprise Software Industry: The St. Gallen Media reference Model Applied," 2008 IEEE International Conference on Services, Computing, pp. 145-152.
- Kameoka, A., Nakamura, K., Fujuwara, T., and Kamada, N. "'Services Science' and Service Layer Added Strategic Technology," PICMET 2006 Proceedings, 9-13 July, Istanbul, Turkey, pp. 1956-1961.
- Kannan, P. K., and Froenca, J. F. "Design of Service Systems under Variability: Research Issues," 2008 Proceeding of the 41st Hawaii International Conference of System Sciences.
- Kim, Y-J., and Nam, K. "Service System and Service Innovation toward the Theory of Service Systems," 2009 Proceedings Americas Conference on Information Systems, 2009.
- Kingman-Brundage, J., George, W. R., and Bowen, D. E. "'Service Logic': Achieving Service System Integration," International Journal of Service Industry Management, Vol. 6, No. 4, 1995, pp. 20-39. https://doi.org/10.1108/09564239510096885
- Kondo, A., and Nakamura, K. "Service Science Innovation Study in the Industry Group," PICMET 2007 Proceeding, 5-9 August, Portland, Oregon, pp. 2732-2735.
- Kuo, D. C. L., Lin, F. R., Chih, H. H. D., Yang, Y. C. B. "Determining Appropriate Modes for Service Trade from Value Chain and Value Co-creation Perspectives," 2009 Proceedings of the 42nd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences.
- Lee, H. S., and Choi, B. G. "Knowledge Management Enablers, Processes, and Organizational Performance: An Integrative View Empirical Examination," Journal of MIS, Vol.20, No.1, Summer 2003, pp. 179-228.
- Lusch, R. F., Vargo, S. L., and O'Brien, M. "Competing through Service: Insights from Service-Dominant Logic," Journal of Retailing, Vol. 83, 2007, pp. 5-18. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretai.2006.10.002
- Lusch, R. F., Vargo, S. L., and Wessels, G. "Toward a Conceptual Foundation for Service Science: Contributions from Service-dominant Logic," IBM Systems Journal, Vol.47, No.1, 2008, pp. 5-14. https://doi.org/10.1147/sj.471.0005
- Madhavan, R., and Grover, R. "From Embedded Knowledge to Embodied Knowledge: New Product Development as Knowledge Management," Journal of Marketing, Vol.62, October 1998, pp. 1-12.
- Maglio, P. P., and Spohrer, J. "Fundamentals of Service Science," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.36, 2008, pp. 18-20. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11747-007-0058-9
- Maula, M. "Knowledge-Intensive Services, Knowledge/Information Management, and Dynamic Complexity- An Interdisciplinary Approach to Service Science," Working Paper, Tampere University of Technology.
- Mo, T., Xu, X., and Wang, Z. "A Service System Theory Frame Based on Ecosystem Theory," IEEE 2007 International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing, pp. 3184-3187
- Mukhtar, M., Yahya, Y., Abdullah, S., Hamdan, A. R., Jailani, N., and Abdullah, Z. "Employability and Service Science: Facing the Challenges via Curriculum Design and Restructuring," 2009 International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Informatics, August 2009, pp. 357-361. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICEEI.2009.5254712
- Payne, A. F., Storbacka, K., and Frow, P. "Managing the Co-Creation of Value," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 36, 2008, pp. 83-96. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11747-007-0070-0
- Pinhanez, C. "Service Systems as Customer-Intensive Systems and its Implications for Service Science and Engineering," 2008 Proceedings of the 41st Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences.
- Prahalad, C. K. "The Blinders of Dominant Logic," Long Range Planning, Vol. 37, No. 2, April 2004, pp. 171-179. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lrp.2004.01.010
- Prahalad, C. K., and Bettis, R. A. "The Dominant Logic: A New Linkage Between Diversity and Performance," Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 7, 1986, pp. 485-501. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.4250070602
- Prahalad, C. K., and Ramaswamy, V. "The New Frontier of Experience Innovation," Sloan Management Review, Vol.44, No.4, 2003, pp. 12-18.
- Prahalad, C. K., and Ramaswamy, V. "Co-creating Unique Value with Customers," Strategy & Leadership, Vol. 32, No. 3, 2004, pp. 4-9
- Ramaswamy, V. "Co-Creating Experiences of Value with Customers," SETLabs Briefings, Vol.5, No.4, 2007, pp. 53-64.
- Shafer, S. M., Smith, H. J., and Linder, J. C. "The Power of Business Models," Business Horizons, Vol.48, 2005, pp. 199-207. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2004.10.014
- Spohrer, J., Maglio, P. P., Bailey, J., and Gruhl, D. "Steps Toward a Science of Service Systems," Computer, 2007, pp. 71-77. https://doi.org/10.1109/MC.2007.354
- Spohrer, J., Anderson, L. C., Pass, N. J., Ager, T., and Gruhl, D. "Service Science," Journal of Grid Computing, Vol.6, 2008, pp. 313-324. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10723-007-9096-2
- Tian, C. H., Ray, B. K., Lee, J., Cao, R., and Ding, W. "BEAM: A Framework for Business Ecosystem Analysis and Modeling," IBM Systems Journal, Vol.47, No.1, 2008, pp. 101-114. https://doi.org/10.1147/sj.471.0101
- Vargo, S. L., and Lusch, R. F. "Service-domonant Logic: Continuing the Evolution," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.36, 2008a, pp. 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11747-007-0069-6
- Vargo, S. L., and Lusch, R. F. "Why 'Service'?," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.36, 2008b, pp. 25-38. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11747-007-0068-7
- Voss, C., and Zomerdijk, L. "Innovation in Experiential Services - An Empirical View," In: DTI (ed). Innovation in Services. London: DTI, 2007, pp. 97-134.