- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The SPI Factors Affecting on Organizational Performance: The Prespective of the Moderating Effect of Organizational Maturity Level
조직성과에 미치는 SPI 영향요인에 관한 연구 :조직 성숙도의 조절효과 관점에서
- Published : 2010.06.30
Software Process Improvement(SPI) has been a challenging issue to software organizations. The factors affecting SPI were analysed for improving software development processes. Numerous studies suggested influencing factors, and assessment models were utilized for software improvement. This research suggested that SPI factors affecting on an organizational performance may vary according to the CMM(Capability Maturity Model) level. The moderating effects of organizational maturity level between the SPI factors and the organizational performance were empirically tested. This research found that all six SPI factors except for the resistance to change affected the organizational performance. The moderating effects of management support, goal alliances, participation, and effect analyses were empirically supported. These results can provide several implications or a practical guidance to academic and industry professionals.
- 김정욱, 나미자, 남기찬, 박수용, "SW프로세스 성숙 수준이 기업성과에 미치는 영향에 관한 실증연구", 한국경영과학회지, 제27권 제3호, 2002, pp. 1-19.
- 김화식, "ISO 9000넘어서 : 소프트웨어 프로세스 향상 방법론에 관한 연구", 삼성SDS 97 상반기 논문집, 1997, pp. 1-83
- 산업자원부 기술표준원, 2006 기술표준백서, 2007.
- 윤재욱, 김인재, "소프트웨어 프로세스 개선활동이 조직성과에 미치는 영향", 한국경영과학회지, 제31권 제1호, 2006, pp. 37-53.
- 이상엽, 소프트웨어 프로세스 성숙도가 프로젝트 성과에 미치는 영향에 대한 연구, 한국외국어대학교 박사학위논문, 2000.
- 정보통신정책연구원, 정보통산업동향 : 제 3절 국내 소프트웨어 산업동향, 2001.
- 한국소프트웨어진흥원, 2007 SW기업 프로세스능력수준 조사, 2007.
- 한국소프트웨어진흥원, 소프트웨어산업백서 2008, 2009.
- Ashrafi, N., "The Impact of Software Process Improvement on Quality: in Theory and Practice," Information and Management, 2003, pp. 677-690.
- Baddoo, N. and Hall, T., "Motivators of Software Process Improvement: An Analysis of Practitioners' views," Journal of Systems and Software, Vol. 62, 2002, pp. 85-96. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0164-1212(01)00125-X
- Beecham, S., Hall, T., and Rainer, A., "Software Process Improvement Problems in Twelve Software Companies: an Empirical Analysis," Empirical Software Engineering, Vol. 8, 2003, pp. 7-42. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1021764731148
- Butler, K. L., "The Economic Benefits of Software Process Improvement," July 1995.
- Clark, B., "Quantifying the Effects of Process Improvement on Effort," IEEE Software, 2000, pp. 65-70. https://doi.org/10.1109/52.895170
- CMMI Product Team, "CMMISM for Systems Engineering/ Software Engineering/ Integrated Product and Process Development/ Supplier Sourcing, Version 1.1, Staged Representation (CMMI-SE/SW/IPPD/SS, V1.1, Staged)," CMU/SEI, 2002.
- Coallier, F., "TRILLIUM : A Model for the Assessment of Telecom Product Development and Support Capability," Software Process Newsletter, IEEE Computer Society, No. 2, 1995, pp. 3-8.
- Dyba, T., "Enabling Software Process Improvement: An Investigation of the Importance of Organizational Issues," Empirical Software Engineering, Vol 7, 2002, pp. 387-390. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1020535725648
- Dyba, T., "An Empirical Investigation of the Key Factors for Success in Software Process Improvement," IEEE Transactions On Software Engineering, Vol. 31, No. 5, 2005, pp. 410-424 https://doi.org/10.1109/TSE.2005.53
- El-Emam, J., and Goldenson, D., Herbsleb, J.D., "Modeling the Likelihood of Software Process Improvement: An Exploratory Study," Empirical Software Engineering, Vol. 6, 2001, pp. 207-229 https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1011487332587
- Goldenson, D., and Herbsleb, J., After the appraisal: a systematic survey of process improvement, its benefits and factors that influence success, CMU/SEI-95-TR-009, Software Engineering Institute, 1995.
- Haley, T. J., "Software Process Improvement at Raytheon," IEEE Software, Vol. 13, No. 6, 1996, pp. 33-41.
- Hall, T., Rainer, A., and Baddoo, N., "Implementing Software Process Improvement: an Empirical Study," Software Process Improvement and Practice, Vol. 7, 2002, pp. 3-15. https://doi.org/10.1002/spip.150
- Harter, D.E., Krishnan, M.S., Slaughter, S.A., "Effect of Process Maturity on Quality, Cycle Time and Efforrts in Software Product Development," Management Science, Vol 46, 2000, pp. 451-466 https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.46.4.451.12056
- Harter, D. and S. Slaughter, "Quality Improvement and Infrastructure Activity Cost in Software Development : A longitudinal Analysis," Management Science, 2003, pp. 784-800
- Herbsleb, J., Zubrow, D., Goldenson, D., Hayes, W., and Paulk, M, "Software quality and the capability maturity model," Communications of ACM, Vol. 40, No. 6, 1997, pp. 30-40.
- Humphrey, W., Managing the Software Process, Addison-Wesley, 1989.
- Humphrey, W., Snyder, T., and Willis, R., "Software Process Improvement at Hughes Aircraft," IEEE Software, Vol. 8, 1991, pp. 11- 23.
- Hunter, R., "IEEE Software Engineering Project Management : Core of Knowledge," University of Strathclyde, Glasgow White Paper, 1999.
- Krasner, H., The Payoff for Software Process Improvement: what it is and How to get it - Elements of Software Process Assessment and Improvement, IEEE Computer Society Press, 1999.
- ISO/IEC 12207 : Information Technology - Software Lifecycle Processes, 1998.
- ISO/IEC 15504-1 : Information Technology - Software Process Assessment, 1998
- ISO/IEC 15504-1 : Concept and vocabulary, 2004.
- Krishnan, M. and M.I. Kellner, "Measuring Process Consistency: Implications for Reducing Software Defects," IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, Vol. 25, 1999, pp. 800-815. https://doi.org/10.1109/32.824401
- Massnarz, Richard, "A Comparison of BOOTSTRAP and CMM," Software Process Newsletter, IEEE Computer Society, No. 8, 1997, pp. 6-9.
- Niazi, M., Wilson, D., and Zow]ghi, D., "A maturity model for the implementation of software process improvement: an empirical study," The Journal of Systems and Software, Vol. 74, 2005, pp. 155-172. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2003.10.017
- Niazi, M., Wilson, D., and Zow]ghi, D., "Critical Success Factors for Software Process Improvement Implementation-An Empirical Study," Software Process Improvement and Practice, Vol. 11, 2006, pp. 193-211 https://doi.org/10.1002/spip.261
- Nunnally, J.C., Psychometric Theory, 2nd ed., New York ; McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1978.
- Paulk, M., C. Weber, B. Curtis, and M. Chrissis, The Capability Maturity Model: Guideline for Improving the Software Process, Addison Wesley, 1994.
- Rainer, A. and Hall, T., "Key Success Factors for Implementing Software Process Improvement: a Maturity based Analysis," The Journal of Systems and Software, Vol. 62, 2002, pp. 71-84. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0164-1212(01)00122-4
- Ravichandran, T., Rai, A., "Quality Management in Systems Development : An Organizational System Perspective," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 24, Iss. 3, 2000, pp. 381-416. https://doi.org/10.2307/3250967
- Staples, M. and Niazi, M., "Systematic review of organizational motivations for adopting CMM-based SPI," Information and Software Technology, Vol. 50, 2008, pp. 605-620. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.infsof.2007.07.003
- Staples, M., Niazi, M., Jeffery, R., Abrahams, A., Byatt, P., Murphy, R., "An exploratory study of why organizations do not adopt CMMI," The Journal of Systems and Software, Vol. 80, 2007, pp. 883-895. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2006.09.008
- Stelzer, D. and Mellis, W., "Success Factors of Organizational Change in Software Process Improvement," Software Process Improvement and Practice, Vol. 4, 1998, pp. 227-250. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-1670(199812)4:4<227::AID-SPIP106>3.0.CO;2-1
- Standish Group international, CHAOS Report 2007 : The 10 Laws of CHAOS, 2007.