- Volume 20 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Application Method of Logistic Regression Analysis for Annoyance Prediction Model Based on Predicted Noise Level
예측소음도를 이용한 어노이언스 예측모델을 위한 로지스틱 회귀분석의 적용방법
- Received : 2010.03.31
- Accepted : 2010.05.10
- Published : 2010.06.20
Predicted noise level has been used to assess the annoyance response since noise map was generalized and being the normal method to assess the environmental noise. Unfortunately using predicted noise level to derive the annoyance prediction curve caused some problems. The data have to be grouped manually to use the annoyance prediction curve. The aim of this paper is to propose the method to handle the predicted noise level and the survey data for annoyance prediction curve. This paper used the percentage of persons annoyed(%A) and the percentage of persons highly annoyed as the descriptor of noise annoyance in a population. The logistic regression method was used for deriving annoyance prediction curve. It is concluded that the method of dichotomizing data and logistic regression was suitable to handle the predicted noise level and survey data.
- Schultz, T. J., 1978, “Synthesis of Social Surveys on Noise Annoyance,” Journal of Acoustic Society of America, Vol. 64, No. 2, pp. 377-405. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.382013
- Fidell, S., Barber, D. S. and Schultz, T. H. J., 1991, “Updating a Dosage-effect Relationship for the Prebalence of Annoyance Due to General Transportation Noise,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, Vol. 89, pp. 221-223. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.400504
- Finegold, L. S., Harris, C. S. and Von Gierke, H. E., 1994, “Community Annoyance and Sleep Disturbance : Updated Criteria for Assessing the Impacts of General Transportation Noise on People,” Noise Control Engineering Journal, Vol. 42, No. 1, pp. 25-30. https://doi.org/10.3397/1.2827857
- Miedema, HME., Vos H., 1998, “Exposureresponse Relationships for Transportation Noise,” Journal of Acoustic Society of America, Vol. 104, No. 6, pp. 3432-3445. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.423927
- Lim, C. W., Kim, C. H., Hong, J. Y. and Lee, S. G., 2006, “The Relationship between Railway Noise and Community Annoyance in Korea,” Journal of Acoustic Society of America, Vol. 120, No. 4, pp. 2037-2042. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.2266539
- Ko, J. H., Chang, S. I., Son, J. H. and Kun, L., 2010, “Study on the Annoyance Response in the Area Exposed by Road Traffic Noise and Railway Noise,” Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 172-178. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2010.20.2.172
- Sommerhoff, J., Recuero, M. and Suarez, E., 2006, “Relationship between Loudness Perception and Noise Indices in Valdivia, Chile,” Applied Acoustics, Vol. 67, pp. 892-900. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apacoust.2005.07.004
- European Communities, 2002, “Position Paper on Dose Response Relationships between Transportation Noise and Annoyance,” European Communities.
- Ohrstrom, E., Andersson, E., Skanberg, A. and Barregard, L., 2007, “Relationships between Annoyance and Exposure to Single and Combined Noise from Railway and Road Traffic,” Inter-noise 2007.
- Lam, K. C. and Au, W. H., 2008, “Human Annoyance Response to a Step Change in Noise Exposure Following Opening of a New Railway Extension in Hong Kong,” ACTA Acustica United with Acustica, Vol. 94, No. 4, pp. 553-562. https://doi.org/10.3813/AAA.918064
- Wolfgang, B., Danny, H., Goran P., Ennio, C., Manolis, V., Klea, K., Lars, J., HYENA Group, 2007, “Associations between Road Traffic Noise, Aircraft Noise and Noise Annoyance. Preliminary Results of the HYENA Study,” 19th ICA (International Congress on Acoustics), Madrid.
- Namba, S., 2002, “Annoyance caused by Noise : Definition and Psychological Measurement,” Inter-Symposium 2002.
- WHO, 2003, “WHO Technical Meeting on Noise and Health Indicators - Second Meeting Results of the Testing and Piloting in Member States(Meeting Report),” World Health Organization (WHO).
- Ko, J. H. and Chang, S. I., 2009, “Quantitative Assessment Using 3D Noisemap and Survey in the Area Exposed by the Combined Noise due to Road Traffic and Railway,” Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 16-25.
- Jun, H. J., Kim, D. S., Ko, J. H. and Chang, S. I., 2008, “Jury Evaluation Test for Annoyance Response of KTX(Korea Train Express) and Ordinary Train Noise,” Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 335-344. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2008.18.3.335