- Volume 46 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Design, fabrication and performance characteristics of a 50kHz tonpilz type transducer with a half-wavelength diameter
반파장 직경을 갖는 50kHz tonpilz형 음향 변환기의 설계, 제작 및 성능특성
- Lee, Dae-Jae (Division of Marine Production System Management, Pukyong National University) ;
- Lee, Won-Sub (Dept. of Harbor and Marine Products, Gangseo District Office, Busan Metropolitan)
- Received : 2010.03.08
- Accepted : 2010.04.08
- Published : 2010.05.31
In a split beam echo sounder, the transducer design needs to have minimal side lobes because the angular position and level of the side lobes establishes the usable signal level and phase angle limits for determining target strength. In order to suppress effectively the generation of unwanted side lobes in the directivity pattern of split beam transducer, the spacing and size of the transducer elements need to be controlled less than half of a wavelength. With this purpose, a 50 kHz tonpilz type transducer with a half-wavelength diameter in relation to the development of a split beam transducer was designed using the equivalent circuit model, and the underwater performance characteristics were measured and analyzed. From the in-air and in-water impedance responses, the measured value of the electro-acoustic conversion efficiency for the designed transducer was 51.6%. A maximum transmitting voltage response (TVR) value of 172.25dB re
50kHz tonpilz type transducer;Half-wavelength diameter;TVR;SRT
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Dziedzic, A., C. Chorier, J.P. Dubois and D. Vray. 1995. Broadband target strength functions of 3 species freshwater free-swimming fish, ICES Int. Symp. on Fish. & Plank. Acoustics, Aberdeen, Scotland, 1-9.
- Harris, G.R., P.M. Gammell, P.A. Lewin and E.G. Radulescu. 2004. Interlaboratory evaluation of hydrophone sensitivity calibration from 0.1 to 2MHz via time delay spectrometry. Ultrasonics, 42, 349-353. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ultras.2003.12.008
- Hughes, W.J. 1998. Transducer, underwater acoustic. Encyclopedia of applied physics, 22, 67-84.
- Hughes, W.J. and M.J. Zipparo. 1969. Computer modeling of ultrasonic piezoelectric transducers. Technical report No. TR 96-007, Applied Research Lab., The Pennsylvania State Univ., pp. 116.
- MacLennan, D.N. and E.J. Simmonds. 1992. Fisheries Acoustics, Chapman & Hall, London, pp. 13-20.
- Rosenbaum, J.F. 1988. Bulk Acoustic Wave. Artech House, Boston, pp. 371-410.
- Shuyu, L. and H. Tian. 2008. Study on the sandwich piezoelectric ceramic ultrasonic transducer in thickness vibration. Smart Mater. Struct., 17, 1-9. https://doi.org/10.1088/0964-1726/17/01/015034
- Simmonds, E.J., F. Armstrong and P.J. Copland. 1995. Species identification using wideband backscatter with neural network and discriminant analysis. ICES Int. Symp. on Fish. and Plank. Acoustics, Aberdeen, Scotland, 1-14.
- Stansfield D. 1991. Underwater Electroacoustic Transducers. Bath Univ. Press, Claverton Down, pp. 196-266.
- Tse, M. 2003. Impedance matching. Technical note for high frequency circuit design elective, pp. 53.
- Wilson, O.B. 1991. Introduction to Theory and Design of Sonar Transducers. Peninsula Publishing, California, pp. 11-108.
- Zakharia, M.E., F. Magand, F. Hetroit and N. Diner. 1995. Wide band sounder for fish species identification at sea. ICES Int. Symp. on Fish. and Plank. Acoustics, Aberdeen, Scotland, 1-9.
- Estimation of Angular Location and Directivity Compensation of Split-beam Acoustic Transducer for a 50 kHz Fish Sizing Echo Sounder vol.44, pp.4, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2011.0423
- Design and Development of a Broadband Ultrasonic Transducer Operating over the Frequency Range of 40 to 75 kHz vol.47, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2014.0292
- Development of Split-beam Acoustic Transducer for a 50 kHz Fish Sizing Echo Sounder vol.44, pp.4, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2011.0413
- Bandwidth Enhancement of a Broadband Ultrasonic Mosaic Transducer using 48 Tonpilz Transducer Elements with 12 Resonance Frequencies vol.47, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2014.0302