- Volume 46 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Swimming speed measurement of Pacific saury (Cololabis saira) using Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler
음향도플러유향유속계를 이용한 꽁치어군의 유영속도 측정
- Lee, Kyoung-Hoon (Fisheries System Engineering Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Lee, Dae-Jae (Division of Marine Production System Management, Pukyong National University) ;
- Kim, Hyung-Seok (Division of Marine Production System Management, Pukyong National University) ;
- Park, Seong-Wook (Fisheries System Engineering Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute)
- Received : 2010.04.01
- Accepted : 2010.05.03
- Published : 2010.05.31
This study was performed to estimate the swimming velocity of Pacific saury (Cololabis saira) migrated offshore Funka Bay of Hokkaido using an acoustic Doppler current profiler (OceanSurveyor, RDI, 153.6kHz) established in T/S Ushio-maru of Hokkaido University, in September 27, 2003. The ADCP's doppler shift revealed as the raw data that the maximum swimming velocity was measured 163.0cm/s, and its horizontal swimming speed and direction were
Grant : 선망용 집어시스템 개발
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- Deines, K.L., 1999. Backscatter estimation using broadband acoustic Doppler current profilers. Proceedings of the IEEE Sixth Working Conference on Current Measurement, San Diego, pp. 5. https://doi.org/10.1109/CCM.1999.755249
- Demer, D.A., M. Barange and A.J. Boyd, 2000. Measurements of three dimensional fish school velocities with an acoustic Doppler current profiler. Fish. Res., 47, 201-214. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-7836(00)00170-3
- Dickson, K.A., J.M. Donley, C. Sepulveda and L. Bhoopat, 2002. Effect of temperature on sustained swimming performance and swimming kinematics of the chub mackerel Scomber japonicus. J. of Exp. Bio., 205, 969-980.
- Holliday, D.V., 1974. Doppler structure in echoes from schools of pelagic fish. J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 55 (6), 1313-1322. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.1914703
- Plimpton, P.E., P.H. Freitag and M.J. McPhaden, 1997. ADCP velocity errors from pelagic fish schooling around equatorial moorings. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, 14, 1212-1223. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0426(1997)014<1212:AVEFPF>2.0.CO;2
- RD Instruments, 1996a. Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler, Principles of Operation a Practical Primer. RD Instruments, San Diego, California, USA, 51pp.
- RD Instruments, 1996b. Field service technical paper 001 (FST 001) Broadband ADCP advanced principles of operation 01 October 1996. RD Instruments, San Diego, California, USA, pp. 15.
- Zedel, L., T. Knutsen and R. Patro, 2003. Acoustic Doppler current profiler observations of herring movement. ICES J. Mar. Sci., 60, 846-859. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1054-3139(03)00067-5
- Classification of sound-scattering layers using swimming speed estimated by acoustic Doppler current profiler vol.80, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-013-0683-9
- Overview of the Applications of Hydroacoustic Methods in South Korea and Fish Abundance Estimation Methods vol.17, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5657/FAS.2014.0369