- Volume 46 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Seasonal variation and species composition of fishes communities in artificial reef unit at marine ranching area in the coastal waters off Jeju island, Korea
제주바다목장 해역 내 인공 어초군에 서식하는 어류군집의 종조성 및 계절변동
- Oh, Taeg-Yun (Fisheries Resources Management Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Cha, Hyung-Kee (Fisheries Resources Management Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Chang, Dae-Soo (Fisheries Resources Management Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Hwang, Choul-Hee (Fish Research Team, Marine Eco-Technology Institute Co., Ltd.) ;
- Nam, Yun-Ju (Fish Research Team, Marine Eco-Technology Institute Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kwak, Seok-Nam (Fish Research Team, Marine Eco-Technology Institute Co., Ltd.) ;
- Son, Min-Ho (Fish Research Team, Marine Eco-Technology Institute Co., Ltd.)
- 오택윤 (국립수산과학원 자원연구과) ;
- 차형기 (국립수산과학원 자원연구과) ;
- 장대수 (국립수산과학원 자원연구과) ;
- 황철희 (해양생태기술연구소 어류연구팀) ;
- 남윤주 (해양생태기술연구소 어류연구팀) ;
- 곽석남 (해양생태기술연구소 어류연구팀) ;
- 손민호 (해양생태기술연구소 어류연구팀)
- Received : 2010.02.24
- Accepted : 2010.05.07
- Published : 2010.05.31
This study monitored a variety of marine fish communities in artificial reefs unit of the total 5 types (Dice type, Octagonal turtle type, Two-stage tube type, Gazebo type, Tetrapod type) which are located in the marine ranching at Jeju island by scuba diving in May, July, October and December 2009. Underwater photographing was accomplished at total 3 phases (condition of artificial reefs photographing, concentric circle movement photographing and line transect photographing). The preservation condition of artificial reefs facility was very good, and the dominant species were Chromis notatus, Sebastes thompsoni, Oplegnathus fasciatus and Halichoeres poecilopterus. Fish abundance was high in May and June, and low in October and December, 2009. Chromis notatus was dominant at the all types of artificial reefs, Halichoeres poecilopterus for Gazebo type and Tetrapod type of artificial reefs, and Sebastes thompsoni for Dice type, Octagonal turtle type and Two-stage tube type of artificial reefs.
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- Ahn, Y.W., H.K. Rho, S.J. Kim, D.G. Jeung and M.K. Kim, 1999. Studies on the improvement of the fish gathering effects of artificial fish reefs in the coastal area of Cheju Island. J. Fish. Mar. Sci. Edu., 11 (1), 59-68.
- Akamatsu, T., H. Takahashi and A. Matsuda, 2003. A monitoring system for the aggregated fish group by an acoustic visual combined method. Scientist, 4, 18-26.
- Buckley, R.M. and G.J. Hueckel, 1985. Biological processes and ecological development on an artificial reef in Puget Sound, Washington. Bull. Mar. Sci., 37 (1), 50-69.
- Choi, C.G., 2008. Marine communities around artificial reefs located in Ikata, Shikoku, Japan. J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 41 (3), 208-214. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2008.41.3.208
- Chabanet, P., V. Dufour and R. Galzin, 1995. Disturbance impact on reef fish communities in Reunion Island (Indian Ocean). J. Exp. Mar. Biol. Ecol., 188, 29-48. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-0981(94)00184-F
- De Girolama, M. and C. Mazzoldi, 2001. The application of visual census on Mediterranean rocky habitats. Mar. Environ. Res., 51, 1-16. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-1136(00)00028-3
- Edgar, G.J. and N.S. Barrett, 1997. Short term monitoring of biotic change in Tamanian marine reserves. J. Exp. Mar. Biol. Ecol., 213, 261-279. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-0981(96)02769-4
- Fabi, G. and A. Sala, 2002. An assessment of biomass and diel activity of fish at an artificial reef (Adriatic sea) using a stationary hydroacoustic technique. ICES J. Mar. Sci., 59, 411-420. https://doi.org/10.1006/jmsc.2001.1173
- Grove, R.S. and C.J. Sonu, 1985. Fishing reef planning in Japan. Artificial Reefs: Marine and Freshwater Applications. D'Itri, F.M., ed. Lewis Publication. Inc., Michigan, USA, pp. 187-251.
- Guidetti, P., G. Fanelli, S. Fraschetti, A. Terlizzi and F. Boero, 2002. Coastal fish indicate human induced changes in the Mediterranean littoral. Mar. Environ. Res., 53, 77-94. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-1136(01)00111-8
- Hwang, D.J., J.S. Park and Y.W. Lee, 2004. Estimation of fish school abundance by using an echo sounder in an artificial reef area. J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 37 (3), 249-254. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2004.37.3.249
- Kawasaki, T., 1984. The distribution and behavior of fishes in the artificial reef fishing grounds. In Biological Process in the Ocean, R. Marushige, ed. Koseisha Koseikaku, Tokyo, pp 197-200.
- Kim, H.S., H.S. Lim, Y.J. Jo, J.I. Choi and O.I. Choi, 1999. Benthic macrofauna on the artificial reefs and their surrounding bottom in the southwest coast of Korea. Bull. Nat. Fish. Res. Dev. Inst., Korea, 56, 13-26.
- Kim, I.S., Y. Choi, C.L., Lee, Y.J. Lee, B.J. Kim and J.H. Kim, 2005. Illustrated book of korean fishes. Kyo-Hak Sa, Seoul. pp. 615.
- Lee, J.W. and Y.S. Lee, 1994. Variations of fish community and fish density on artificial reefs. J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 27 (5), 535-548.
- Lyu, J.G. and M.S. Jeong, 2000. A Study on the economic appraisals of artificial reefs. Ocean Policy Research, 15, pp. 27.
- Masuda, H., K. Amaoka, C. Arago, T. Ueno and T. Yoshino, 1984. The Fishes of the Japanese Archipelago, Tokai University, Press, Tokyo, Japan, pp. 437.
- Matthews, K.R. 1985. Species similarity and movement of fishes on natural and artificial reefs in Monterey Bay, California. Bull. Mar. Sci., 37 (1), 252-270.
- Nakamura, M. 1985. Evolution of artificial fishing reef concepts in Japan. Bull. Mar. Sci, 37 (1), 271-278.
- Myung, J.G., B. I. Kim, S.M. Lee and G.B. Jeon, 2002. The sea fishes of Korea. Darakwon, Seoul, pp. 287.
- Okamoto, M., T. Kuroki and T. Muriai, 1979. Fundamental studies on the ecology of fishes near artificial reefs. 1. Preparatory observation of fish amount. Bull. Jap. Soc. Sci. Fish., 45 (9), 1085-1090. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.45.1085
- Park, J.S., M.S. Seo and J.H. Kim, 2000. Effect of artificial fish reefs in the costal area of Jeon Bug province. J. Fish. Mar. Sci. Edu., 12 (1), 11-21.
- Pet Soede, C., W.L.T. van Densen, J.S. Pet and M.A.M. Machiels, 2001. Impact of Indonesian coral reef fisheries on fish community structure and the resultant catch composition. Fish. Res., 51, 35-51. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-7836(00)00236-8
- Shin, H.O., J.W. Tae and K.M. Kang, 2005. Acoustic telemetrical measurement of the movement range and diurnal behavior of rockfish (Sebastes schlegeli) at the artificial reef. J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 38 (2), 129-136. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2005.38.2.129
- Yoon, C.H., 2002. Fishes of Korea with pictorial key and systematic list. Academybook, Seoul. pp. 747.
- Seasonal variation and species composition of fish species in artificial reefs in the Shinyang-Ri coastal waters off Jeju island, Korea vol.47, pp.2, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2011.47.2.118
- Hydroacoustic survey on distribution and density of fisheries resources in the Marado coastal area of Jeju, Korea vol.52, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2016.52.3.209
- Seasonal Variations in the Species Composition of Fisheries Resources Caught by Trammel Net in the Uljin Marine Ranching Area, East Sea vol.48, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2015.0947
- Acoustic observation of the behavior of fish in an artificial reef vol.50, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.2.124
- Hydro-acoustic survey on fish distribution and aggregated fish at artificial reefs in marine ranching area vol.47, pp.2, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2011.47.2.139
- Spatio-temporal Variability and Size Fractionation of Chlorophyll a in the Jeju Marine Ranching Area(JMRA) with Special Reference to the Signification of Nanoplankton vol.15, pp.10, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.10.6388
- Spatio-temporal Variability of Phytoplankton Community in the Jeju Marine Ranching Area (JMRA) vol.16, pp.11, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.11.7761
- Community Structure and Distribution Pattern of the Pleuronectiform Fishes in the Uljin Marine Ranching Area, Korea vol.46, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2013.0413
- The Characteristics and Spatio-temporal Distribution of Fish Schools during Summer in the Marine Ranching Area (MRA) of Yeosu using Acoustic Data vol.47, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2014.0283
- Species composition and community structure caught by shrimp beam trawl in the marine ranching ground of Taean, Korea vol.49, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.49.3.238