- Volume 46 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Catch characteristic and present condition of by-catch & discard of trammel nets fishery in the East Sea
동해 삼중자망어업의 해역별 어획 특성과 혼획·투기 현황
- Bae, Bong-Seong (Aquaculture Industry Division, East Sea Fisheries Research Institute, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- An, Heui-Chun (Aquaculture Industry Division, East Sea Fisheries Research Institute, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Park, Hae-Hoon (Fisheries System Engineering Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Park, Chang-Doo (Fisheries System Engineering Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Yang, Yong-Su (Fisheries Resources Enhancement Center, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute)
- 배봉성 (국립수산과학원 동해수산연구소 해역산업과) ;
- 안희춘 (국립수산과학원 동해수산연구소 해역산업과) ;
- 박해훈 (국립수산과학원 시스템공학과) ;
- 박창두 (국립수산과학원 시스템공학과) ;
- 양용수 (국립수산과학원 자원조성사업단)
- Received : 2010.03.29
- Accepted : 2010.04.29
- Published : 2010.05.31
For an effective management of fisheries resources, we need fisheries informations necessary for the establishment of reasonable fishing effort and TAC distribution. To study the present state of by-catch and discard of gill-net fishery in the East Sea, we carried out fishing research using trammel nets in the coastal sea of Susan-port (Yangyang), Jangho-port (Samcheok) and Hupo-port (Uljin). As a result, a total of catch of Susan was 259,172g and that of Hopo was 577,638g. Thus Catch of Susan was 1.49 times more than that of Hupo considering the number of used fishing gear. And catch of Janho was 7.4 times more than that of Susan considering the number of experiment. Two methods of by-catch analysis in this study were used, one method is standardizing of listed species catching possible in fishing license, another method is regarding catch species under 1% of total catch as by-catch. As a result of by-catch analysis of two method, by-catch rate of Susan was 6.55% and 5.87% respectively, that of Hupo was 44.70% and 5.24% and that of Jangho was 0.96% and 2.31%. Discard rate of fish in Susan, Hupo and Jangho were 1.59%, 3.42%, 2.23% respectively.
Grant : 채낚기용 집어시스템 개발
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- Alverson, D.L., M.H. Freeberg, S.A. Murawski and J.G. Pope, 1994. A global Assessment of Fisheries bycatch and discards. FAO technical Paper, 339, 5-59.
- Bae, B.S., H.H. Park, E.C. Jeong, H.C. An, Y.S. Yang and Y.Y. Chun, 2009. An analysis on catch and fishing power of trammel nets by fishing ground. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 45 (2), 96-105. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2009.45.2.096
- Cho, S.K., C.D. Park, H.Y. Kim, I.O. Kim and B.J. Cha, 2010. Catches comparison according to the codend mesh size of stow net on anchor in the West Sea of Korea. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 46 (1), 1-9. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.1.001
- Jang, C.S., Y.H. Cho, C.R. Lim, B.Y. Kim and Y.S. An, 2009. An analysis on catch of the shrimp beam trawl fishery in Korea coastal sea. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 45 (1), 5-10. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2008.45.1.001
- Kelleher, K, 2005. Discards in the world s marine fisheries. FAO Fisheries Technical Paper, 470, 1-131.
- MIFAFF (Ministry of Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries), 2009. Regulations for fishing permission & register, etc. Article 3, Clause 2, Attached table 2. Retrieved from http://www.law.go.kr on 27 Mar. 2010.
- NFRDI (National Fisheries Research & Development Institute), 1999. Commercial molluscs from the freshwater and continental shelf in Korea. 15-191.
- NFRDI, 2004a. Korean coastal and offshore fishery census. General volume, 25-28.
- NFRDI, 2004b. Commercial fishes of the coastal & offshore waters in Korea. Second edition, 9-333.
- Park, H.H., E.C. Jeong, B.S. Bae, Y.S. Yang, S.J. Hwang, J.H. Park, Y.S. Kim, S.I. Lee and S.H. Choi, 2007. Fishing investigation and species composition of the catches caught by a bottom trawl in the deep East Sea. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 43 (3), 184-186. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2007.43.3.183
- Pascoe, S. 1997. Bycatch management and the economics of discarding. FAO technical paper, 370, 1-16.
- Thiele, W. 2004. FAO s work and policy on by-catch reduction & discard practice. International fisheries bycatch symposium. NFRDI, Korea, 19-43.
- Seasonal Variations in the Species Composition of Fisheries Resources Caught by Trammel Net in the Uljin Marine Ranching Area, East Sea vol.48, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2015.0947
- Species Composition and Distribution of Trammel Net Catches in the Coastal Waters of Gangwon Province, Korea vol.47, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2014.0945
- Comparison of catches and species composition for flounders caught using gillnets, gillnets with supporting lines, and trammel nets vol.50, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.1.001
- Investigation of bycatch and discards of funnel net in the coastal waters of Yeosu vol.46, pp.4, 2010, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.4.324