- Volume 5 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Multiagent System for Microgrid Operation in the Grid-interconnected Mode
- Kim, Hak-Man (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, University of Incheon) ;
- Kinoshita, Tetsuo (Research Institute of Electrical Communication, Graduate School of Information Science, Tohoku University)
- Received : 2010.01.26
- Accepted : 2010.03.24
- Published : 2010.06.01
This paper presents a multiagent system for microgrid operation in the grid-interconnected mode. An energy market environment with generation competition is adopted for microgrid operation in order to guarantee autonomous participation and meet the requirements of participants in the microgrid. The modified Contract Net Protocol (CNP) is used as a protocol for interactions among agents. The multiagent system for microgrid operation based on the modified CNP and the energy market environment is designed and implemented. To verify the feasibility of the suggested multiagent system, experiments on three operation conditions are carried out.
Microgrid;Microgrid operation;Multiagent system;Modified Contract Net Protocol;Cooperative multiagent system
- N. Hatziargyriou, H. Asano, H. R. Iravani and C. Marnay, "Microgrids," IEEE Power and Energy Magazine, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 78-94, July-Aug. 2007.
- M. Barnes, J. Kondoh, H. Asano, J. Oyarzabal, G. Ventakaramanan, R. Lasseter, N. Hatziargyriou and T. Green, "Real-Word MicroGrids – An Overview," 2007 International Conference of System of Systems Engineering, pp. 1-8, 2007.
- P. Schavemaker and L. Sluis, Electrical Power System Essentials, John Willey and Sons, Ltd., 2008.
- M. Wooldridge, An Introduction to Multiagent Systems, 2nd Edition, A. John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., Publication, 2009.
- S. D. J. McArthur, S. M. Strachan and Gordon Jahn, "The Design of a Multi-agent Transformer Condition Monitoring System," IEEE Trans. on Power System, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 1845-1852, Nov. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2004.835667
- J. M. Solanki, S. Khushalani and N. N. Schulz, "A Multi-agent Solution to Distribution Systems Restoration," IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 1026-1034, Aug. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2007.901280
- M. E. Baran and I. M. El-Markabi, "A Multiagentbased Dispatching Scheme for Distributed Generators for Voltage Support on Distribution Feeders," IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 52-59, Feb. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2006.889140
- A. L. Dimeas and N. D. Hatziargyriou, "Operation of a Multiagent System for Microgrid Control," IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 1447-1455, Aug. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2005.852060
- R. G. Smith, "The Contract Net Protocol: High-level Communication and Control in a Distributed Problem Solver," IEEE Trans. on Computer, Vol. C-29, No. 12, pp. 1104-1113, Dec. 1980. https://doi.org/10.1109/TC.1980.1675516
- G. B. Sheble, "Real-time Economic Dispatch and Reserve Allocation Using Merit Order Loading and Linear Programming Rules," IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 1414-1420, Oct. 1989. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.41692
- H.-M. Kim and T. Kinoshita, "Multiagent System for Microgrid Operation based on Power Market Environment," Proc. INTELEC 2009, Incheon, Korea, 2009.
- G Weiss, editor, Multiagent Systems: A Modern Approach to Distributed Artificial Intelligence, The MIT press, 1999.
- T. Kinoshita, Building Agent-based Systems, The Institute of the Information and Systems Society, Japan, 2001 (in Japanese).
- T. Kinoshita and K. Sugawara, "ADIPS Framework for Flexible Distributed Systems," T. Ishide (ed.), Multiagent Platforms, LNAI 1599, pp. 18-32, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1007/3-540-48826-X_2
- T. Uchiya, T. Maemura, L. Xiaolu and T. Kinoshita, "Design and Implementation of Interactive Design Environment of Agent System," Proc. of 20th Int. Conf. Industrial, Engineering and Other Applications of Applied Intelligent Systems (IEA/AIE 2007), LNAI4570, AAAI/ACM, pp. 1088-1097, 2007.
- IDEA/DASH Tutorial [Online]. Available: http://www.ka.riec.tohoku. ac.jp/idea/index.html.
- A Study on Optimal Operation of Microgrid Considering the Probabilistic Characteristics of Renewable Energy Generation and Emissions Trading Scheme vol.63, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2014.63.1.018
- An Intelligent Multiagent System for Autonomous Microgrid Operation vol.5, pp.12, 2012, https://doi.org/10.3390/en5093347
- Distributed Load-Shedding System for Agent-Based Autonomous Microgrid Operations vol.7, pp.12, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3390/en7010385
- A Multiagent System for Autonomous Operation of Islanded Microgrids Based on a Power Market Environment vol.3, pp.12, 2010, https://doi.org/10.3390/en3121972
- Multiagent System Architecture for Short-term Operation of Integrated Microgrids vol.47, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3182/20140824-6-ZA-1003.00566
- Development of Pilot Plant for Distributed Intelligent Management System of Microgrids vol.62, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2013.62.3.322
- Intelligent Control of Battery Energy Storage for Multi-Agent Based Microgrid Energy Management vol.6, pp.12, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3390/en6104956
- A Communication Framework in Multiagent System for Islanded Microgrid vol.8, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1155/2012/382316
- Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation of Distributed Intelligent Energy Management System for Microgrids vol.6, pp.12, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3390/en6073263
- Optimal Microgrid Operation Considering Combined Heat and Power Generation with Variable Heat and Electric Ratio vol.61, pp.10, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2012.61.10.1548
- A Novel Frequency Tracker for Islanded-Mode Operation in Microgrid vol.60, pp.7, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2011.60.7.1331
- General aspects, hierarchical controls and droop methods in microgrids: A review vol.17, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2012.09.032
- Cooperative Control Strategy of Energy Storage System and Microsources for Stabilizing the Microgrid during Islanded Operation vol.25, pp.12, 2010, https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2010.2073488
- Existing and recommended renewable and sustainable energy development in Nigeria based on autonomous energy and microgrid technologies vol.75, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2016.11.062
- A Study on the Methodology of Determining Proper SOC Operation Range Considering the Economic Characteristics and the Charge and Discharge Voltage Characteristics of BESS vol.64, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2015.64.4.529
- Traffic Rerouting Strategy against Jamming Attacks in WSNs for Microgrid vol.8, pp.4, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1155/2012/234029
- Optimal Microgrid Operation Considering Fuel Cell and Combined Heat and Power Generation vol.62, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2013.62.5.596
- Designing an Energy Storage System Fuzzy PID Controller for Microgrid Islanded Operation vol.4, pp.9, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3390/en4091443
- Linear Programming based Optimal Scheduling for Grid-connected Microgrid vol.60, pp.8, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2011.60.8.1622
- A Bankruptcy Problem Approach to Load-shedding in Multiagent-based Microgrid Operation vol.10, pp.12, 2010, https://doi.org/10.3390/s101008888
- A Study on Methodology of Optimal Operation of BESS and Diesel Generators in a Microgrid Considering Efficiency Characteristics According to the Power Ratios of Diesel Generators vol.65, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2016.65.4.539
- Application of Model Predictive Control to BESS for Microgrid Control vol.8, pp.12, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3390/en8088798
- Development of Hardware In-the-Loop Simulation System for Testing Operation and Control Functions of Microgrid vol.25, pp.12, 2010, https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2010.2078518
- A Flywheel Energy Storage System Based on a Doubly Fed Induction Machine and Battery for Microgrid Control vol.8, pp.12, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3390/en8065074