- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Cool Island Intensity in a Large Urban Green in Downtown Daegu: Seasonal Variation and Relationship to Atmospheric Condition
대구 도심에 위치한 대규모 녹지공간의 냉섬 강도: 계절변화와 기상조건에의 관련성
- Park, Myong-Hee (College of Environment, Keimyung University) ;
- Kim, Hae-Dong (College of Environment, Keimyung University)
- Published : 2010.01.31
Cool island intensity urban green space was investigated based in Dalsung Park, that is one of the largest parks in Daegu. Cool island intensity(CII), which is defined as the temperature difference between the green space and its surrounding built-up areas, shows time variations. A through-year measurement(2008-2009) of ground level air temperature revealed seasonal variation and relationship to the atmospheric condition of CII. The temperature variation in the park and the reference downtown Daegu was as same order as CII. The noontime CII is larger in summer than that in winter due to the leaf fall of the park trees. On the other hand, seasonal variation of nighttime CII is not so clear. The nighttime CII was larger under the stable atmosphere.
Cool island intensity;Green space;Remote sensing;Stable atmosphere
- Hirano Y., Y. Yasuoka and T. Ichinose, 2004, Evaluation of Effect of Vegetation on Urban Heat Island by Using Satellite Remote Sensing data and Mesoscale Meteorological Model, J. of Environmental Science, 17(5), 343-358.
- Sailor D. J., 1995, Simulated urban climate response to modification in surface albedo and vegetative cover, J. Appl. Meteor., 34, 1694-1704. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0450-34.7.1694
- Hamada T. and T. Mikami, 1994, Cool Island Phenomena in Urban Green Spaces: A Case Study of meiji Shrine and Yoyogi Park, Geographical Review of Japan 67A-B, 518-529.
- Kanda M. and Hirano, 1994, Organized strucyure in developing turbulent flow within and above a plant canopy, using large eddy simulation, Bound.-Layer Meteor., 69, 237-257.
- Narita K., 1997, Annual observation on the temperature field in Hiroshima city, Proc. the Second Japanese-German Meeting, 243-246.
- Kanda M., Moriwaki R. Takayanagi Y., Yokoyama H. and Hamada T., 1997a. Environmental effect of Meiji shrine forest as a sink for atmospheric energy and pollutants(1) Field observation in summer 1996, Tenki, 44, 713-722.
- 안지숙, 김해동, 김상우, 2007, 대구의 토지이용도 유형에 따른 여름철 도시열섬포텐셜 추정연구, 한국환경과학회지, 16(1), 65-71. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2007.16.1.065
- Avissar R., 1996, Potential effects of vegetation on the urban thermal environment, Atmo. Environ., 30, 437-448. https://doi.org/10.1016/1352-2310(95)00013-5
- Sailor D., 1998, Simulations of annual degree day impacts of urban vegetative augmentation, Atmos. Environ, 32, 43-52. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1352-2310(97)00178-7
- Ichinose T., 2003, Regional Warming Related to Land Use Change During Recent 135 Years in Japan, J. Global Environment Engineering, 9, 19-39.
- Baumuller J., 1986, The introduction of climatology into the administration and development of planning in the city of Stuttgart, Urban Climatology and its applications with special regard to tropical areas, WMO, 652, 451-460.
- Ichinose T., 2001, Counteractions for Urban Heat Island in Regional Autonomies: Activities in Councils of MoE, Japan, J. Atmospheric Environal Science of Japan, 37(6), A71-A84.
- Sugawara H., K. Narita and T. Mikami, 2006, Cool Island Intensity in a Large Urban Green : Seasonal variation and Relationship to Atmospheric Condition. Tenki, 53(5), 393-404.
- 成田健一, 2003, Heat Island 對策 としての綠地の機能 - 綠地での冷氣生成.分布と都市氣候への影響, 綠の讀本, 66, 26-31.
- 서울특별시, 2000, 서울시 기상특성을 고려한 도시계획기법 연구, 176-214pp.
- Grimmond C., T. Oke and H. Cleugh, 1993, The role of rural in comparisons of observed suburbanrural flux differences, IAHS Publ., 212, 165-174.
- Sugawara H., K. Narita and T. Mikami, 2004, Representive air temperature of thermally heterogeneous urban areas using the measured pressure gradient, J. Appl. Meteor., 43, 1168-1179. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0450(2004)043<1168:RATOTH>2.0.CO;2
- 近藤純正, 1994, 水環境の氣象學, 朝倉書店, 128-159pp.
- Ishi T. and J. Kondo, 1987, Seasonal variation of heat balance in the East China Sea, Tenki, 34, 29-38.
- 안지숙, 김해동, 2006, 대구지역의 기상조건에 따른 도시열섬강도의 계절별 변화특성, 한국환경과학회지, 15, 527-532. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2006.15.6.527
- Simulation of Changes in Nearby Thermal Environment According to Green Roof in Low-Rise Residential Area of Daegu vol.24, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.6107/JKHA.2013.24.3.045