- Volume 52 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effects of Whole Grain Barley Cracked Feed on the Eating Behavior of Hanwoo Steers During Finish Fattening Period
통보리 분쇄 사료 급여가 비육후기 한우 채식행동에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Sang-Moo (Department of Animal Science, Kyung-Pook National University) ;
- Choi, Yu-Rak (Department of Animal Science, Kyung-Pook National University)
- Received : 2010.02.01
- Accepted : 2010.04.15
- Published : 2010.04.30
This study was carried out to investigate the effect of dietary supplementation of whole grain barley cracked feed on eating behaviors of Hanwoo steers during finish fattening period. Thirty Hanwoo steers (28 months old) were assigned to five dietary treatments: control (C: normal concentrate as a basal diet), and four feeding groups [T1: 10% addition of whole grain barley cracked (WGBC) feed, T2: 20% addition of WGBC, T3: 30% addition of WGBC and T4: 40% WGBC during the finish fattening period, respectively]. The results of eating behaviors for 48 hours are summarized as follows: Total intake (roughage + concentrate) was higher in the order of T4 > T1 > C > T3 > T2 (P<0.05). Eating time was higher in the order of T4 > T3 > C > T1 > T2 (P<0.01). Ruminating time was higher in the order of T4 > T1 > C > T3 > T2 (P<0.05). But resting time was higher in the order of T2 > T1 > C > T3 > T4. The chewing time including eating and ruminating time was higher in the order of T4 > T3 > C > T1 > T2 (P<0.01). Number of bolus, number of total chews, number of chews/bolus and feed value index were highest in T4 (P<0.05). Ruminating time per bolus was highest in C, and T3 was the lowest (P<0.05) as compared to others. Number of bolus per minute was highest in T3, and C is the lowest (P<0.05). Eating rate and chewing efficiency were highest in T2 (P<0.01, 0.05), but ruminating efficiency was higher in T1 than others. The group behavior was higher in the order of resting(78.5%) > ruminating(11.4%) > eating(10.1%). The stand resting of group behavior was higher in the order of T3 > C > T2 > T1 > T4.
Hanwoo;Eating behavior;Group behavior;Whole grain barley
Supported by : 구미시
- Bartley, E. E. 1976. Bovine saliva: production and function of buffers in ruminant physiology and metabolism. Church and Dwight Co., Inc., New York.
- Beauchemin, K. A. and Buchanan, S. 1989. Effects of dietary neutral fiber concentration and supplementary long hay on chewing activities and milk production of dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 72:2288. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(89)79360-7
- Castle, M. E., Retter, W. C. and Watson, J. N. 1979. "Silage and milk production: comparisons between three silages of different chop lengths". Grass Forage Science. 34:293-301. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2494.1979.tb01481.x
- Cone, J. W., Cline, T. W., Malestein, A. and Klooster, A. 1989. Degradation of starch by incubation with rumen fluid. A comparison of different starch sources. J. Sci. Food. Agric. 49: 173. https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.2740490206
- de Visser, H. and de Groot, A. M. 1980. The influence of the starch and sugar content of concentration on feed intake, rumen fermentation, production and composition of milk. In: Giesecke, D., Dirksen, G., Stangassinger, M. Y.(Eds.), Proceedings of disease farm animals, Munich, Germany. Fotodruck Frank OHG. p 41.
- Kato, K., Kajima, Y., Odashima, M., Lee, L. S., Nam, K. T., Chiga, H. Y., Shoji, M. Otha and Sasaki, Y. 1989. feed passage and digestibility in Japanese deer and sheep. Research report of Kawatabi experimental station. 5:59-62.
- Gill, S. S., Conrad, H. R. and Hibbs, J. W. 1969. "Relative rate of in vitro cellulose disappearance as a possible estimator of digestible dry matter intake". J. Dairy Sci. 52:1687-1690. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(69)86818-9
- Ilan, D., Levy, D. and Holzer, Z. 1973. Behavior patterns of intensively fed male calves as affected by allowance and type of space. Anim. Prod. 19:147-155.
- Luginbuhl, J. M., Pond, K. R., Burns, J. C. and Russ, J. C. 1989. Eating and ruminating behavior of steers fed bermudagrass hay at four levels. J. Anim. Sci. 67:3410. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1989.67123410x
- McAllister, T. A., Cheng, K. J., Rode, L. M. and Forsberg, C. W. 1990. Digestion of barley, maize and wheat by selected species of ruminal bacteria. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 56:3146.
- Nordin, M. and Campling, R. C. 1976. Digestibility studies with cows given whole and rolled cereal grains. Anim. Prod. 23:305. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0003356100031421
- Pond, K. R., Ellis, W. C. and Akin, D. E. 1984. Ingestive mastication and fragmentation. J. Anim. Sci. 58:1567. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1984.5861567x
- Reid, C. S. W., Lyttleton, J. W. and Mangan, J. L. 1962. New Zealand J. Agr. Res. 5:237. https://doi.org/10.1080/00288233.1962.10419954
- SAS. 2002. SAS/STAT software for PC. Release 9.1, SAS Institute Inc. Cary, NC, USA.
- Welch, J. G., Smith, A. M. and Gibson, K. S. 1970. Rumination time in four breeds of dairy cattle. J. Dairy Sci. 53(1):89-91. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(70)86153-7
- 加藤正信, 春本直. 1976. 牧草地におけるヘレフオート種子付成雌牛の 放牧行動についって. 島根大學農學部硏究報告. 10:14-20.
- 김종민, 이병석, 정태영. 1994. 암모니아 처리 보릿짚의 절단 길이가 한우 의 채식 및 반추행동에 미치는 영향. 한국축산학회지. 36(5):487-493.
- 류영우, 고영두, 이상무. 1998. 사과박, 참깨박 및 계분 혼합 볏짚 Silage 급여가 한우의 육성율, 채식행동 및 경제성에 미치는 영향. 한국축산학회지. 40(3):235-244.
- 이왕식, 이병석, 이상철, 이상석, 이세영, 이덕윤, 하종규. 2004a. "볏짚 및 가공처리 왕겨의 급여가 한우의 사료섭취 및 반추행동에 미치는 영향. 한국동물자원과학회지. 46(1):49-54.
- 이왕식, 이병석, 오영균, 김경훈, 강수원, 이상석, 하종규. 2004b. "농후사료 와 조사료의 비율이 한우의 저작 및 반추시 간과빈도에 미치는 영향". 한국동물자원과학회지. 46(1):56-60.
- 이상무, 황주환, 윤용범, 곽완섭, 김영일, 문상호, 전병태. 2008. 버섯잔사 급여가 육성기 한우 채식행동에 미치는 영향. 한국초지조사료학회지. 28(2):107-118. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2008.28.2.107
- 이상무, 송영한, 원유석. 2009. 한우 컨설팅 지침서. 제6장 한우의 행동. 한우자조금관리위원회. p 231.
- 장대진. 2009. 조사료 급여 종류가 거세 한우의 반추행동에 미치는 영향. 경북대학교. 과학기술대학원. 석사학위논문. p 10-12.
- 장선식, 오영균, 김경훈, 홍성구, 권응기, 조영무, 조원모, 은정식, 이상철, 최성호, 송만강. 2007. 보리의 사료평가와 한우 거세우 급여에 의한 발육 및 육질 개선 효과 구명. 한국동물자원과학회지. 49(6):801-818.
- 전병태, 문상호, 권영재, 곽완섭. 2001. 육계분 발효사료의 첨가 수준이 꽃 사슴의 건물 섭취량, 소화율 및 질소 출납에 미치는 영향. 한국동물자원과학회지. 43(5)727-734.
- 전병태, 박인호, 이상무, 문상호, 김경훈, 김준선, 손중천. 1997. 섬유소원의 차이가 한우의 저작행동에 미치는 영향. 한국동물자원과학회지. 39(4): 383-390.
- Effect of Different Stocking Density on Eating Behavior of Hanwoo Steers (Bos taurus coreanae) During Growing Period vol.53, pp.5, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2011.53.5.489
- Effect of Stocking Density on Eating Behavior of Finishing Hanwoo Steers (Bos taurus coreanae) vol.32, pp.4, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2012.32.4.397
- ) on Behavior Pattern of Growing Hanwoo Steers vol.33, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2013.33.4.290
- Comparative Analysis on Growth Performances, Behavioral Characteristics and Blood Parameters of the Sex in Different Group Sizes of Hanwoo calves vol.55, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2013.55.5.381
- Effect of space allowance on the Growth Performance, Behavioral Characteristics,and Blood Properties of Hanwoo vol.49, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14397/jals.2015.49.3.113