- Volume 52 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effect of Cordyceps ochraceostromat, Silkworm Cocoon, and Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) on the Quality Characteristics of Pork Sausage Manufactured with Protein Recovered from Breast of Spent Laying Hen
폐계가슴살 회수단백질을 활용한 돈육소시지의 품질 특성에 영향하는 동충하초, 누에고치 및 Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) 첨가 효과
- Jin, Sang-Keun (Department of Animal Resources Technology, Jinju National University) ;
- Kim, Il-Suk (Department of Animal Resources Technology, Jinju National University) ;
- Kang, Suk-Nam (Department of Animal Resources Technology, Jinju National University) ;
- Choi, Seung-Yun (Department of Animal Resources Technology, Jinju National University) ;
- Hur, In-Chul (Department of Animal Resources Technology, Jinju National University) ;
- Lee, Jung-Guen (Department of Animal Resources Technology, Jinju National University) ;
- Yang, Han-Sul (Department of Animal Science, Gyeongsang National University, Institute of Agriculture and Life Science, Gyeongsang National University)
- 진상근 (진주산업대학교 동물소재공학과) ;
- 김일석 (진주산업대학교 동물소재공학과) ;
- 강석남 (진주산업대학교 동물소재공학과) ;
- 최승연 (진주산업대학교 동물소재공학과) ;
- 허인철 (진주산업대학교 동물소재공학과) ;
- 이중근 (진주산업대학교 동물소재공학과) ;
- 양한술 (경상대학교 축산학과.경상대학교 농업생명과학연구원)
- Received : 2009.09.21
- Accepted : 2010.01.20
- Published : 2010.04.30
This study was conducted to investigate the effects of Cordyceps ochraceostromat, silkworm cocoon, and conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) on the quality and storage properties of pork sausage manufactured with protein recovered from breast of spent laying hen during 4 wks of storage at
Spent laying hen;Recovered protein;Functional ingredients;Quality characteristics
- AOAC 1990. Official methods of analysis (15th ed). Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Washington, DC.
- Boles, J. A. and Swan, J. E. 1996. Effect of post-slaughter processing and freezing on the functionality of hot-boned meat from young bull. Meat Sci. 44:11-18. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0309-1740(96)00076-9
- Buege, J. A. and Aust, J. D. 1978. Microsomal lipid peroxidation. Methods in Enzymol. 52:302-309. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0076-6879(78)52032-6
- Eggert, J. M., Belury, M. A., Kempa-Steczko, A., Mills, S. E. and Schinckel, A. 2001. Effects of conjugated linoleic acid on the belly firmness and fatty acid composition of genetically lean pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 79:2866-2872. https://doi.org/10.2527/2001.79112866x
- Huang, H., Wang, H. and Luo, R. C. 2007. Inhibitory effects of cordycps extract on grow of colon cancer cells. J. Chin. Med. Mater. 30:310-313.
- Jin, S. K., Kim, I. S., Yang, M. R., Hur, I. C., Jung, H. J., Yang, H. S. and Choi, Y. J. 2008a. Effects of a mixed proportion of Alaska pollack, chicken breast surimi and starch on textural properties of sausage. Kor. J. Anim. Sci. Technol. 50:1-10. https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2008.50.1.001
- Jin, S. K., Kim, I. S., Choi, Y. J., Yang, H. S. and Park, G. B. 2007a. Effect of cryoprotectants on the quality characteristics of chicken breast surimi manufactured by pH adjustment during freezing storage. Kor. J. Food Sci. Anim. Res. 27:320-328. https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2007.27.3.320
- Jin, S. K., Kim, I. S., Jung, H. J., Kim, D. H., Choi, Y. J. and Hur, S. J. 2007b. The development of sausage including meat from spent laying hen surimi. Poultry Sci. 86:2676-2684. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.2006-00451
- Jin, S. K., Kim, I. S., Nam, Y. W., Park, S. C., Yang, H. S. and Choi, Y. J. 2008b. Textural and sensory properties of crab-taste fish sausage by a different mixed proportion of surimi ingredients. Kor. J. Food Sci. Anim. Res. 28:395-400. https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2008.28.4.395
- Jung, C. H., Kim, J. S., Jin, S. K., Kim, I. S., Jung, K. J. and Choi, Y. J. 2004. Gelation properties and industrial application of functional protein from fish muscle-2. Properties of functional protein gel from fish, chicken breast and pork leg and optimum formulation. J. Kor. Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 33:1676-1684. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2004.33.10.1676
- Knight, M. K. 1992. Red meat and poultry surimi. In: The Chemistry of Muscle Based Food. Johnston, D. E., Knight, M. K. and Ledward, D. A. (eds). The Royal Society of Chemistry, UK, p. 222.
- Kristinsson, H. G. and Hultin, H. O. 2003. Role of pH and ionic strength on water relationships in washed minced chicken breast muscle gels. J. Food Sci. 68:917-922. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.2003.tb08265.x
- Lee, J. I., Ha, Y. J., Jung, J. D., Kang, K. H., Hur, S. J., Park, G. B., Lee, J. D. and Do, C. H. 2004. Changes of quality characteristics of manufactured press ham using conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) accumulated pork during storage periods. Kor. J. Anim. Sci. Technol. 46:646-658.
- Meilgaard, M., Civille, G. V. and Carr, B. T. 1999. Sensory evaluation techniques (3rd ed). Boca Ration, Fla: CRC Press Inc. p. 387.
- Nam, J. K. and Oh, Y. S. 1995. A study of pharmachological effect of silk fibroin. RDA, Kor. J. Agric. Sci. 37:145-157.
- Oehiai, Y., Ochiai, L., Hashimoto, K. and Watabe, S. 2001. Quantitative estimation of dark muscle content in the mackerel meat paste and its productions using antisera against myosin light chains. J. Food Sci. 66:1301-1305. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.2001.tb15205.x
- Park, J. D., Jung, C. H., Kim, J. S., Cho, D. M., Cho, M. S. and Choi, Y. J. 2003. Surimi processing using acid alkali solubilization of fish muscle protein. J. Kor. Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 32:400-405. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.3.400
- Park, J. W. and Morrissey, M. T. 2000. Manufacturing of surimi from light muscle fish. In: Surimi and Surimi Seafood. Park, J. W. (ed.). New York, Marcel Dekker, p. 23-58.
- Rao, Y. K., Fang, S. H. and Tzeng, Y. M. 2007. Evaluation of the anti-inflammatory and anti-proliferation tumoral cells activites of Antrodia camphorata, Cordyceps sinensis, and Cinnmomum osmophloeum bark extracts. J. Ethnophrmacol. 114:78-85. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2007.07.028
- Richards, M. P., Kelleher, S. D. and Hultin, H. O. 1998. Effect of washing with or without antioxidants on quality retention of mackerel fillets during refrigerated and frozen storage. J. Agric. Food Chem. 46:4363-4371. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf980311h
- Sadaki, O. 1996. The development of functional foods and materials. Biochem. 13:44-50.
- SAS Institute. 1999. SAS/STAT Software for PC. SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA.
- Sugiyama, K., Kushima, Y. and Muramatsu, K. 1985. Effect of sulfur containing amino acid and glycine on plasma cholesterol level in rats fed on a high cholesterol diet. Agric. Biol. Chem. 49:3455-3461. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb1961.49.3455
- Terpstra, A. H. 2004. Effect of conjugated linoleic acid on body composition and plasma lipids in humans: an overview of the literature. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 79:352-360. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/79.3.352
- Totosaus, A. 2004. Functionality of glycosilated heart surimi and heatprecipitated whey proteins in meat batters. J. Muscle Foods. 15:256-268.
- Wang, Y. W. and Jones, P. J. H. 2004. Dietary conjugated linoleic acid and body composition. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 79:1153-1158. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/79.6.1153S
- Witte, V. C., Krause, G. F. and Baile, M. E. 1970. A new extraction method for determining 2-thiobarbituric acid values of pork and beef during storage. J. Food Sci. 35:352-358. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1970.tb00928.x
- Yang, H. S., Choi, S. G., Jeon, J. T., Park, G. B. and Joo, S. T. 2007. Textural and sensory properties of low fat sausages with added hydrated oatmeal and tofu as texture-modifying agents. Meat Sci. 75:283-289. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2006.07.013
- 高坂和久. 1975. 肉製品の鮮度保持と測定. 食品工業 18:105-111.
- Quality Properties of Chicken Breast Ham manufactured with Spent Broiler Breeder Hen and Spent Laying Hen vol.43, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5536/KJPS.2016.43.3.191