- Volume 52 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effects of Feeding Blended Essential Oils on Meat Quality Improvement for Branded Pork
돈육의 브랜드화를 위한 Blended Essential Oil의 육질개선 효과
- Jang, Hae-Dong (Department of Animal Resource & Science, Dankook University) ;
- Hong, Seong-Min (Department of Animal Resource & Science, Dankook University) ;
- Jung, Ji-Hong (Department of Animal Resource & Science, Dankook University) ;
- Kim, In-Ho (Department of Animal Resource & Science, Dankook University)
- Received : 2009.09.04
- Accepted : 2010.03.23
- Published : 2010.04.30
This study was conducted to investigate the effects of blended feeding essential oils on meat quality improvement for branded pork. A total of one-hundred pigs (
Blended essential oil;Meat quality;Branded pork
Supported by : 단국대학교
- AOAC. 1995. Official Method of Analysis. 16th Edition. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, D. C., U.S.A.
- Botsoglou, N. A., Florou-Paner P., Christaki E., Fletouris D. J. and Spais A. B. 2002. Effect of dietary oregano essential oil on performance of chickens and on iron-induced lipid oxidation of breast, thigh and abdominal fat tissues. Br. Poult. Sci., 43, 223-230. https://doi.org/10.1080/00071660120121436
- Decker, E. A. and Shantha, N. C. 1994. Concentration of the anticarcinogen, conjugated linoleeic acid in beef. Meat Focus International. 3: 61.
- Duncan, D. B. 1955. Multiple range. Biometrics., 11, 1-42. https://doi.org/10.2307/3001478
- Hofmann, K., Hamm, R. and Bluchel, E. 1982. Neues uber die Bestimmung der Wasserbindung des Fleisches mit Hilfe der Filter-papierpress method. Fleischwirtschaft, 62, 87-92.
- Janz, J. A. M., Morel, P. C. H., Wilkinson, B. H. P., Purchas, R. W. 2007. Preliminary investigation of the effects of low-level dietary inclusion of fragrant essential oils and oleoresins on pig performance and pork quality. Meat Sci., 75, 350-355. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2006.06.027
- Kirchgesser, M. and Roth, F. X. 1982. Fumaric acid as a feed additive in pig nutrition. Pig News Inf., 3, 259-264.
- Omogbenigun, F. O., Nyachoti, C. M. and Slomimski, B. A. 2003. The effect of supplementing microbial phytase and orgarnic acids to a corn-soy based fed to early-weaned pig. J. Anim. Sci., 81, 1806-1813. https://doi.org/10.2527/2003.8171806x
- Paschma, J. and Wawrzynski, M. 2003. Effect of dietary herb supplement for pigs on growth parameters, slaughter traits and dietetic value of pork. Roczniki Naukowe Zootechniki, 30(1), 79-88.
- SAS. 1996. SAS user's guide. Release 6.12 edition. SAS Institute. Inc., Cary, NC.
- Szewczyk, A., Hanczakowska, E. and Swiatkiewicz, M. 2006. The effect of nettle (Urtica dioica) extract on fattening performance and fatty acid profile in the meat and serum lipids of pigs. J. Anim. and Feed Sci., 15(1), 81-84. https://doi.org/10.22358/jafs/70148/2006
- Witte, V. C., Krause, G. F. and Bailey, M. E. 1970. A new extraction method for determining 2-thiobarbituric acid values for pork and beef during storage. J. Food Sci., 35, 582-585. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1970.tb04815.x
- Yoo, J. S. 2007. Evaluation of essential oil as antibiotics replacement in pigs. A disseratation for the degree of master of science in dankook gradutate university.
- Youn, B. S., Nam, K. T., Chang, K. M., Hwang, S. G. and Choe, I. S. 2005. Effetcs of wood vinegar addition for meat quality improvement of old layer. Korean J. Poul. Sci., 32(2), 101-106.
- Zhu, L. G. and Brewer, M. S. 1998. Discoloration of fresh pork as related to muscle and display condition. Journal of Food Science. 63: 763-767. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1998.tb17895.x
- 축산물등급판정소. 2007. 축산물등급판정소 집계자료.
- Effects of Herbiotic FS supplementation on growth performance, nutrient digestibility, blood profiles, and faecal scores in weanling pigs vol.46, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1080/09712119.2017.1386108