- Volume 16 Issue 1
The Effect of Emotional Intelligence on Self-Efficacy and Job Stress of Nurses - Mediating Role of Self-Efficacy -
간호사의 감성지능이 자기효능감과 직무스트레스에 미치는 영향 - 자기효능감의 매개효과 검증 -
- Lee, Kyung-Hee (Department of Nursing, Ulsan College) ;
- Song, Jung-Su (Department of Industrial Management, Ulsan College)
- Published : 2010.03.31
Purpose: This study was to investigate the relationship among emotional intelligence, self-efficacy and job stress of nurses. Method: Data was collected from convenient sample of 265 nurses who work for a university hospital in a city. The Questionnaire measured the level of emotional intelligence, self-efficacy and job stress of nurses. The data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, scheffe' test, pearson's correlation coefficient and hierarchical multiple regression. Result: The mean score of emotional intelligence was 3.41(
- Ahn, J. S. (1999). A study on the stress of service employees according to the emotional labor. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyonggi University, Seoul.
- Bandura, A. (1977). Social learning theory. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
- Baron, R. M., & Kenny, D. A. (1986). The moderator-mediator variable distinction in social psychological research: Conceptual, strategic, and statistical considerations. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 51(6), 1173-1182. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1993
- Bong, Y. S., So, H. S., & You, H. S. (2009). A study on the relationship between job stress, self-efficacy and job satisfaction in nurses. J Korean Acad Nurs Admin, 15(3), 425-433.
- Cha, K. L. (2002). The relation of self-concept, self-efficacy and emotional intelligence. Unpublished master's thesis, Hongik University, Seoul.
- Cho, H. J. (2008). A study on emotional intelligence and job stress of teachers of special schools for mental retardation. Unpublished master's thesis, Dankook University, Yongin.
- Choi, H. S. (1998). A comparative study of work stress of nurses in a intensive care unit and in a general ward. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyung Hee University, Seoul.
- Chung, E. C., & Doh, B. N. (2002). Job stress, self-efficacy and health promoting behaviors in hospital nurses. J Korean Acad Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs, 11(3), 398-405.
- Gist, M. E., & Mitchell, T. R. (1992). Self-efficacy: A theoretical analysis of its determinants and malleability. The Academy of Management Review, 17(2), 183-211.
- Han, K. H. (2003). The moderating effects of efficacy on the relationship between job characteristics and job stress outcomes. The Korean Association of Personnel Administration Journal, 27(1), 33-58.
- Han, K. H. (2005). The moderating effects of self-efficacy on the relationship between the employees' dispositional traits and job burnout. DAEHAN Journal of Business, 18(2), 531-555.
- Hwang, P. J. (2007). A study on the influence of an employee's emotional intelligence on Organizational effectiveness. Unpublished master's thesis, Sogang University, Seoul.
- Joung, M. S., & Kim, K. J. (2006). A study on the effect of emotional labor and leader's emotional intelligence on job satisfaction and organizational commitment for nurses. Korean Journal of Hospital Management, 11(4), 1-18.
- Kim, H. H. (2005). Nurses' perceptions of job-related empowerment, job satisfaction, organizational commitment and self efficacy. Unpublished master's thesis, Chungnam University, Daejeon.
- Kim, H. S. (2001). A comparative study regarding health condition and work stress of nurses working in cancer ward and general ward. J Korean Oncol Nurs, 1(2), 191-203.
- Kim, M. S., & Park, Y. B. (2008). The effects of self-efficacy and empowerment on perceived organizational support and organizational citizenship behaviors of Nurses. J Korean Acad Nurs Admin, 14(3), 268-277.
- Kim, S. H. (2002). The relation between social support and self-efficacy of residents of single-room occupancy hotels. Unpublished master's thesis, Catholic University of Korea, Seoul.
- Kim, Y. M. (2008). A study on the effect of emotional labor according to the personality type of hotel employee on job stress. Unpublished master's thesis, Sejong University, Seoul.
- Ko, Y. K. (2006). Identification of factors related to nurses' individual performance using a multilevel analysis. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Ko, Y. K., & Kang, K. H. (2006). A study on the relationship between self-efficacy, collective-efficacy and job stress in the nursing staff. J Korean Acad Nurs Admin, 12(2), 276-286.
- Lee, J. Y., & Jee, J. H. (2007). Moderating effects of emotional intelligence on the relationships between job demand and burn-out: focused on tourism employees. Journal of Human Resource Management Research, 14(4), 277-294.
- Lee, S. H. (2008). A study on the relationship between professional self-concept, self-efficacy and job satisfaction in clinical nurses. J Korean Acad Adult Nurs, 20(1), 10-20.
- Lee, Y. M., Schwarzer, R., & Jerusalem, M. (1994). Korean adaptation of the general self-efficacy scale, http://web.fu-berlin.de/ gesund/publicat/ehps_cd/health/korean.htm
- Lim, J. S. (2004). A study on the relationship among employee's emotional intelligence, employee's attitude and behavior. Unpublished master's thesis, Korea University, Seoul.
- Park, I. A. (2008). The effect of nurses' personality, emotional labor on job attitude. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Parker, D. F., & Decotiis, T. A. (1983). Organizational determinants of job stress. Organizational Behavior and Human Performance, 32(2), 116-166.
- Shin, H. J. (2006). The influence of emotional education program on emotional intelligence and self-efficacy. Unpublished master's thesis, Seoul National University of Education, Seoul.
- You, H. K. (2009). A study on the relationship between emotional intelligence, job stress, job satisfaction and job performance. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Suwon University, Suwon.
- Wong, C. S., & Law, K. S. (2002). The effects of leader and follower emotional intelligence on performance and attitude: an exploratory study. The Leadership Quarterly, 13(3), 243-274. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1048-9843(02)00099-1