- Volume 25 Issue 6
A Study on the Perception and Application of Distance Learning Method to Cooking Practice Subject - College Students with Cuisine-Related Majors in Seoul and Gyeonggi Areas -
조리실기과목에 대한 원격교육방법 활용현황과 인식 조사 - 서울.경기지역 외식조리관련전공 2년제 대학생을 대상으로 -
- Kang, Jae-Hee (Baekseok Culture University)
- 강재희 (백석문화대학 외식산업학부)
- Received : 2010.07.26
- Accepted : 2010.11.12
- Published : 2010.12.31
Although many studies have suggested that introducing the distance learning method, including Web-based learning, to a practice class is effective, studies applying the distance learning method to subjects who are practicing cooking are rare. The purpose of this study was to determine the perception of the distance learning method, the degree of computer use, and the use of distance learning by college students with cuisine-related majors to practice cooking. The results showed that most students used the distance learning method, and that the method was positively perceived, as it was a great aid in learning. Most of the cooking information was obtained through the internet, and the most effective learning media for practicing cooking was "e-learning" using a computer. The most effective learning method for those who were practicing cooking was a "face-to-face learning method", because face-to-face type of teaching and learning was most universally recognized. Most of the students surveyed responded that using the distance learning method was a positive experience, indicating that cyber lectures could be applied at more universities for subjects practicing cooking.
- 교육인적자원자원부. 2007. 2006년 개발 국가 지원 원격대학 콘텐츠 만족도 조사. 한국교육학술정보원. 연구보고 8:1-23
- 김경. 2007. 실기교육방법론. 서울: 아카데미프레스. 18
- 농림수산식품부.aT농수산물유통공사. 2008. 세계적 한식 요리 아카데미 육성 모델개발 보고서. 11-86
- 산업자원부. 2007. 2006 이러닝산업실태조사. 한국전자거래진흥원.
- 한국직업능력개발원. 1998. 유망직 찾아보기. 한국직업능력개발원. 179
- Alstete J. W, Beutell N. J. 2004. Performance indicators in online distance learning courses: a study of management education Quality Assurance in Education, 12(1):6-14 https://doi.org/10.1108/09684880410517397
- Bea GH. 2004. Study about the WBI (Web-based education) influence for Culture Dance Education in University. Department of dence majoring Modern Dance The graduate school of Kyung-Hee University.
- Brown B. W, Liedholm C. E. 2002. Can Web Courses Replace the Classroom in Principles of Microeconomics?, American Economic Association, 92(2): 444-448
- Byeong MY. 2001. Differential Skills and Competencies Required of Agricultural Extension Educators on Web-based Servicesl The Journal of Korean Association of Agricultural extension, 8(1):15-23
- Cheung L. L. W, Kan A. C. N. 2002. Evaluation of Factors Related to Student Performance in a Distance-Learning Business Communication Course, Journal of education for business, 77(5):257-264 https://doi.org/10.1080/08832320209599674
- Choi MY. 2007. A Study on Factors Affecting the Reuse Intention of High School Students Using e-Learning-Focused on male high school students in Seoul-. Graduate School of Mass Communication, Sognag University.
- Choi SJ. 2008. A Study on the Factors to Increase the Usage of e- Learning Systems in Class-Based Education: Social, Technological, and Personal Factors, 17(4).
- Daft R. L, Lenge R. H. 1986. Organizational information requirements, media richness and structural design, Management Science, 32(5). https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.32.5.554
- Huh MH, Yum CS. 2001. Factors Influencing the Learning Effect of Cyber Universities Korea Industrial and Systems Engineering, pp 185-189
- Im BN, Im JH, Jeong IS. 2003. Current status of cyber education in Korean higher education and quality control: The year of 2002 Journal of the Korean Educational Research Association, 41(3):541-569
- Johnson E. S. 2002. Factors influencing completion and noncompletion in community college online courses. University of Illinois at urbana-champaign.
- Kang KJ. 2006. A Study on the Effect of Communication Satisfaction Degree through Media Experience, Richness and Usefulness of Distance Learning. Interdisciplinary Progarm of Electric Commerce Gradute School Chonnam National University.
- Kang YH. 2003. The development and evaluation of systematic webbased nutrition education program for middle and high school students. Deparment of Food & Nutrition The Graduate School Yonsei University.
- Kim MY, Choi WS, Lee KN. 2008. A Sstudy on the Characters of Leaners Affecting the Success if Learning under E-Learning Circumstances for Universities. Journal of Korean The Thchnology Education Association, 8(1):221-236
- Lee HA. 2003. A Study on the Effect of Online Lectures on Design Courses in Distance Education-Focusing on Design Illustration Courses-. Journal of the Korean Society of Design Culture, 9(4):79-89
- Lee JS. 2008. A Study on the "Used and Gratification Theory" for the Users' Characteristics of the E-learning. Sogang University Graduate School Of Mass Communication, 19:155-193
- Lee MG. 2004. Economic Education as a Life-Long Education and the Role of University, Journal of the Korea Industrial Economic Association, 17(5): 1775-1794
- Lee YK, Park ME. 2005. A Study on the Distance Learning Education for Fashion Illustration. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 55(3):150-163
- Lim BR, Lee J. 2007. Current Status of e-Learning Contents in Higher Education. The Journal of Educational Information and Media, 13(2):277-307
- Moore M, Kearsley G. 1996. Distance Education. A systems View. Wadsworth Publishing Company.
- Na JK. 2003. The Operation Plan for Cyber class in the Western Cooking Practicum. Journal of Foodservice Management, 6(2):165-184
- Na YS, Jeng JH, Kang GH, Lee JH. 1999. A study on the Curriculum Development in Culinary Department of College, Culinary Research, (5)2:31-56
- Park IW, Jeong HJ. 2006. Analysis of teacher', student', and parent of student' awareness on e-learning of the elementary school instruction, The Journal of Eudcational Information and Media, 12(3):197-230
- Ryu JH. 2007. Critical Factors of Learner Satisfaction in e-Learning for Corporation, Journal of Korea Society for Learning and Performance, 9(1):121-142
- Sang MS. 1997. How to Present and Write Statistical Papers, Journal of the Korean Statistical Society, 1(1):1068-1074
- Shin BH & Lim KH. 2007. A Study on Factors that Affect the Participation of Students in Cyber Home Study. The Journal of Child Education. 16(4):119-129
- Son KA & Lee JE. 2007. Develoment and Implementation of e- Learning Operation Procedure in Higher Education, The Journal of Educational Information and Media, 13(1):75-98
- Webster J, Trevino L. K, Ryan L. 1993. The dimensionaliy and Correlates of flow in Human Computer Interactions Cimputers in Human Behavior, 9(4):411-426 https://doi.org/10.1016/0747-5632(93)90032-N
- You BM. 2001. Factors that Affect Adults' Web Use and Their Implications for Web-based Instruction. Journal of Korean Society for the study of Lifelong Education, 7(1):69-88