- Volume 8 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Linearization of T-S Fuzzy Systems and Robust Optimal Control
- Kim, Min-Chan (Department of Electrical Engineering, Changwon National University) ;
- Wang, Fa-Guang (Changwon National University) ;
- Park, Seung-Kyu (Department of Electrical Engineering, Changwon National University) ;
- Kwak, Gun-Pyong (Department of Electrical Engineering, Changwon National University) ;
- Yoon, Tae-Sung (Department of Electrical Engineering, Changwon National University) ;
- Ahn, Ho-Kyun (Department of Electrical Engineering, Changwon National University)
- Received : 2010.11.02
- Accepted : 2010.11.30
- Published : 2010.12.31
This paper proposes a novel linearization method for Takagi.sugeno (TS) fuzzy model. A T-S fuzzy controller consists of linear controllers based on local linear models and the local linear controllers cannot be designed independently because of overall stability conditions which are usually conservative. To use linear control theories easily for T-S fuzzy system, the linearization of T-S fuzzy model is required. However, The linearization of T-S fuzzy model is difficult to be achieved by using existing linearization methods because fuzzy rules and membership functions are included in T-S fuzzy models. So, a new linearization method is proposed for the T-S fuzzy system based on the idea of T-S fuzzy state transformation. For the T-S fuzzy system linearized with uncertainties, a robust optimal controller with the robustness of sliding model control(SMC) is designed.
T-S fuzzy control;linearization;robust optimal;sliding mode control
Supported by : Changwon National University
- T. Takagi and M. Sugeno, "Fuzzy identification of systems and its applications to modeling and control," IEEE transactions on systems, man, and cybernetics, Vol. 15, pp.116-132,1985.
- K. Tanaka, T. Ikeda, and H. O. Wang, "Fuzzy regulators and fuzzy observers: relaxed stability conditions and LMI-based designs," IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 6,pp.250-265, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/91.669023
- Bor-Sen Chen Chung-Shi Tseng, and Huey-Jian Uang, "Robustness Design of Nonlinear Dynamic Systems via Fuzzy Linear Control," IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems,Vol.7, No.5, pp. 571-585, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/91.797980
- K. Tanaka and H. O. Wang, Fuzzy Control Systems Design and Analysis: A Linear Matrix Inequality Approach, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2001.
- Gang Feng, "A Survey on Analysis and Design of Model-Based Fuzzy Control Systems," IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.14, No.5, 2006.
- Mohammand Narimani and H. K. Lam, "Relaxed LMI-Based Stability Conditions for Takagi–-Sugeno Fuzzy Control Systems Using Regional-Membership-Function-Shape-Dependent Analysis Approach," IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.17, No.5, pp. 1221-1228, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TFUZZ.2009.2025959
- Yan Zhao, Huijun Gao, J. Lam, Baozhu Du, "Stability and Stabilization of Delayed T-S Fuzzy Systems: A Delay Partitioning Approach," IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems,Vol.17, No. 4, pp.750-762, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TFUZZ.2008.928598
- F.O. Souza, L.A. Mozelli, R.M. Palhares, "On Stability and Stabilization of T–S Fuzzy Time-Delayed Systems, IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 17, No.6, pp.1450-1455, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TFUZZ.2009.2032336
- H. G. Lee, Y. M. Kim, and H. T. Jeon, "On the linearization via a restricted class of dynamic feedback," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol.45, pp.1385–1391, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/9.867065
- H. K. Khalil, Nonlinear Systems, Prentice Hall, 2002.
- Hong-Gi Lee, Ari Arapostathis, and Steven I. Marcus, "Linearization of Discrete-Time Systems via Restricted Dynamic Feedback," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol.48, No.9, pp.1646-1650, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.2003.817009
- K. D. Young, V. I. Utkin and U. Ozguner, "A control engineer's guide to sliding mode control," IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Vol7,No.3, pp.328–342, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/87.761053
- Seung Kyu Park, Ho Kyun Ahn, "Nonconservative Sliding Mode Control with the Feedback Linearization or Nonlinear System," Proceedings of the 39th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control , pp.2210-2216, 2000.
- S. K. Park, H. G. Ahn, " Robust optimal controller design with novel sliding surface," IEE Proceedings Control Theory and Applications, Vol.146, No.3, pp.242-246, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-cta:19990436
- P. Liutanakul, S. Pierfederici, and F. Meibody-Tabar, "Application of SMC With I/O Feedback Linearization to the Control of the Cascade Controlled-Rectifier/Inverter-Motor Drive System With Small dc-Link Capacitor," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 23, No.5,pp.2489 – 2499,Sept. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2008.2002061